BI troll at Asuc?

11,014 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dajo9
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheFiatLux said:

Just to bring this thread home, here is the ribbon ... I've sent messages to some of you, but if you're in town and would like to come to my graduation party, drop me a DM. The crowd should absolutely span the spectrum!

Is that not a stole? Those were around at least when I graduated fifteen years ago (geeze).
Yogi58
75bear said:

There's probably only like 28 people who really understand how incredible this thread has become. And I am half ashamed and half overjoyed that I count myself as one of them.
Oh, way less than that. People are missing what's actually funny about it.
Sebastabear
75bear said:

There's probably only like 28 people who really understand how incredible this thread has become. And I am half ashamed and half overjoyed that I count myself as one of them.
Word.
LACalFan
Yogi Bear said:

75bear said:

Oh, way less than that. People are missing what's actually funny about it.
Enlighten us. It's already pretty hilarious on its surface.
dajo9
I think we need occasional reminders on BI that even though we all went to Berkeley, posters should not drop acid before posting. I don't even think I dropped, but after reading this I'm not sure.
American Vermin
cal83dls79
dajo9 said:

I think we need occasional reminders on BI that even though we all went to Berkeley, posters should not drop acid before posting. I don't even think I dropped, but after reading this I'm not sure.
I see that the pack mentality is alive and well here. I stand by my facts. I've outlined the truths. I've admitted my douchbaggery. I tried not to make this personal. I have no beef with Ken. It was the guy in the bookstore. People need to get a sense of humor and enjoy the repartee rather than lay on the insults. Like I said, this was a random guy. Did you not see that? And yes, stoles were new to me. My bad. Posters here always give people shi* about being butt hurt. Well practice what you preach
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
dajo9
cal83dls79 said:

dajo9 said:

I see that the pack mentality is alive and well here. I stand by my facts. I've outlined the truths. I've admitted my douchbaggery. I tried not to make this personal. I have no beef with Ken. It was the guy in the bookstore. People need to get a sense of humor and enjoy the repartee rather than lay on the insults. Like I said, this was a random guy. Did you not see that? And yes, stoles were new to me. My bad. Posters here always give people shi* about being butt hurt. Well practice what you preach
Yes, yes, people need to get a sense of humor. I couldn't agree more.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
American Vermin
Cal8285
dajo9 said:

cal83dls79 said:

dajo9 said:

Surely you can't be serious.
dajo9
Cal8285 said:

dajo9 said:

cal83dls79 said:

dajo9 said:

Surely you can't be serious.
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
American Vermin
Sebastabear
cal83dls79 said:

dajo9 said:

tl;dr

It's my life, my day off and my long island I was drinking.
cal83dls79
GMP said:

TheFiatLux said:

Just to bring this thread home, here is the ribbon ... I've sent messages to some of you, but if you're in town and would like to come to my graduation party, drop me a DM. The crowd should absolutely span the spectrum!

Is that not a stole? Those were around at least when I graduated fifteen years ago (geeze).

Interrogator: now listen cal 83... or should I call you dls79?
Me: geez, can you call me woody? I'd appreciate that.
Interrogator: well err ok "woody"...so let me get this straight..and bear with me here dls 79 because I want to make sure we are on the same page cal83
Me: it's woody, sir, geez
Interrogator: ok, sorry, cal, dls, I mean woody, are you saying there were no scarves when you graduated?
Me: I'm pretty sure there weren't, but now I'm not so sure. There may have been scarves 15 years ago but I'm really confused. I mean GMP said there were and I meant no disrespect to Ken! Please you should know this! Please!
Interrogator: c'mon, don't lie to me woody.
Why continue this charade?
Me: I think I need to speak to my attorney..Or at least call a lifeline.
Interrogator: hold on now woodman
Me: it's woody
Interrogator: ok. Sorry woody, we don't need to go there with the attorney or lifeline stuff do we now? I mean I think we can work this out between ourselves, right?
Me: can we? For real?
Interrogator: yes we can cal83, yes we can, so let's talk about these scarves, the gold scarves, now can I get you a soft drink?
Me: ok. Ok. I'll come clean, where do I begin?
Interrogator: at the beginning, start at the beginning
Me: well it all started when my mother in-law had a stroke......

Subsequent to this, and to avoid any further embarrassment to my family, I copped a plea. In exchange for admitting there were scarves in '83, and that my ASUC story was an entire fabrication I agreed to send a letter of apology to GMP as well as perform 180 hrs of community service cleaning the feces in the aisles in the ASUC ......because apparently what happens on Telegraph ave sets the decorum bar for ASUC.

Fyght4Cal
KenBurnski said:

guarantee that dude is posting on CGB as we speak about his weird encounter with a flirtatious Cal fan

OMFG, it was K-Monty. And cal83dsl79 was totally flirting. This may be the greatest thread in BI history. The reveal is Calvin Booth-level spectacular.
Bear19
I learned a long time ago not to make snap judgements about people you see in line(s), in stores, etc. As a teenager bag boy at a Ralph's Grocery Store near JPL, lots of "odd looking" folks would ask for help finding items - I later learned several "regulars" were world class physicists, top "rocket scientists" etc.

I've seen this over & over in many situations, especially in the Bay Area.

Here, cal83dls79, had an encounter with TheFiatLux, and then posted in BI FG about this, not realizing who he was posting about ("Me, internal voice: "man, this guy is a piece of work"). A couple of friendly questions by cal83dls79, and this encounter could have resulted in a new casual friendship with one of the titular leaders in Cal's supporter community, with untold connections on campus and in the Bay Area. Opportunity lost for sure.
GMP
cal83dls79 said:

GMP said:

TheFiatLux said:

Interrogator: well err ok "woody"...so let me get this straight..and bear with me here dls 79 because I want to make sure we are on the same page cal83
Interrogator: ok, sorry, cal, dls, I mean woody, are you saying there were no scarves when you graduated?
Me: I'm pretty sure there weren't, but now I'm not so sure. There may have been scarves 15 years ago but I'm really confused. I mean GMP said there were and I meant no disrespect to Ken! Please you should know this! Please!
Interrogator: ok. Sorry woody, we don't need to go there with the attorney or lifeline stuff do we now? I mean I think we can work this out between ourselves, right?
Interrogator: yes we can cal83, yes we can, so let's talk about these scarves, the gold scarves, now can I get you a soft drink?

Subsequent to this, and to avoid any further embarrassment to my family, I copped a plea. In exchange for admitting there were scarves in '83, and that my ASUC story was an entire fabrication I agreed to send a letter of apology to GMP as well as perform 180 hrs of community service cleaning the feces in the aisles in the ASUC ......because apparently what happens on Telegraph ave sets the decorum bar for ASUC.

I'm not sure you understood my post. I was legitimately wondering if what Ken is wearing is a stole. As stoles were around when I graduated, I did not know that they've not been around for decades. My "geeze" was in reference to the time since I graduated, not to anything else.
TheSouseFamily
Cal83dls79 - Please don't go back to Maine just yet. It would be much appreciated if you continue to wander around Berkeley and report back on your experiences.

For what it's worth, for the topless guy in the bookstore, I had my money on Rare.
cal83dls79
TheSouseFamily said:

Cal83dls79 - Please don't go back to Maine just yet. It would be much appreciated if you continue to wander around Berkeley and report back on your experiences.

For what it's worth, for the topless guy in the bookstore, I had my money on Rare.
sorry souse, flew back last night. You aren't the only one who has asked that I roam the campus retailers and report back. Will probably do that in 10 days or so when I return. Stay tuned. The shoppers in Kennebunkport are simply not worth my time.
cal83dls79
Bear19 said:

I learned a long time ago not to make snap judgements about people you see in line(s), in stores, etc. As a teenager bag boy at a Ralph's Grocery Store near JPL, lots of "odd looking" folks would ask for help finding items - I later learned several "regulars" were world class physicists, top "rocket scientists" etc.

I've seen this over & over in many situations, especially in the Bay Area.

Here, cal83dls79, had an encounter with TheFiatLux, and then posted in BI FG about this, not realizing who he was posting about ("Me, internal voice: "man, this guy is a piece of work"). A couple of friendly questions by cal83dls79, and this encounter could have resulted in a new casual friendship with one of the titular leaders in Cal's supporter community, with untold connections on campus and in the Bay Area. Opportunity lost for sure.
maybe, but I'm beyond the connections point in my life, I'm actively disconnecting
cal83dls79
GMP said:

cal83dls79 said:

GMP said:

TheFiatLux said:

I'm not sure you understood my post. I was legitimately wondering if what Ken is wearing is a stole. As stoles were around when I graduated, I did not know that they've not been around for decades. My "geeze" was in reference to the time since I graduated, not to anything else.
my bad, thanks for the clarification, I thought that was your "gotcha" moment which it wouldn't have been. Now my other behavior is fare game and has been mightily mined and explored by the protectorate of the naked guy as well as others.
MoragaBear
Staff
I can sympathize with Ken. I won't buy anything without trying it on.

The ASUC store used to let you try on clothes in the bathrooms near the store in the ASUC lobby but they don't allow it anymore. The last time I was there, their compromise was to let me try on a couple shirts in their supply room. I've worn an L for decades but Euro L's (skinny, hipster, tight fitting T's) are becoming more common now, though thankfully not too common. That's an instant return if I don't try one on in advance.

Ridiculous that they don't have fitting rooms.
cal83dls79
MoragaBear said:

I can sympathize with Ken. I won't buy anything without trying it on.

The ASUC store used to let you try on clothes in the bathrooms near the store in the ASUC lobby but they don't allow it anymore. The last time I was there, their compromise was to let me try on a couple shirts in their supply room. I've worn an L for decades but Euro L's (skinny, hipster, tight fitting T's) are becoming more common now, though thankfully not too common. That's an instant return if I don't try one on in advance.

Ridiculous that they don't have fitting rooms.
thanks for the heads up. 9 days; early am at asuc, I'm the guy with my shirt off on the middle of the aisle trying on an xl Joe Roth #12 ...You the guy with an L wondering *** and sympathizing our plight.
GivemTheAxe
Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

guarantee that dude is posting on CGB as we speak about his weird encounter with a flirtatious Cal fan

OMFG, it was K-Monty. And cal83dsl79 was totally flirting. This may be the greatest thread in BI history. The reveal is Calvin Booth-level spectacular.

Wait a minute. Was the guy at the ASUC store really and truly Ken or is this just another Albany Bowl story or Korean Girlfriend story.
Yogi58
GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

Wait a minute. Was the guy at the ASUC store really and truly Ken or is this just another Albany Bowl story or Korean Girlfriend story.
Yes
GivemTheAxe
Yogi Bear said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

Yes

No 8x10 glossies to be autographed?
Yogi58
GivemTheAxe said:

Yogi Bear said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

Yes

No 8x10 glossies to be autographed?
No, caldls79 did not have any 8 X 10 fiatlux pictures with him. Ken did though.
TheFiatLux
GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

It was me. And listen, with this body no way I'm keeping it under wraps!

I was trying on a t-shirt. It's weird to me that people are surprised that guys try on a t-shirt, even if, gasp, in public! Though in fairness to the OP, I can understand why he would find the thought of trying on something in public abhorent. Troll comes to mind. The under the bridge kind, not the internet kind...
Fyght4Cal
TheFiatLux said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

I was trying on a t-shirt. It's weird to me that people are surprised that guys try on a t-shirt, even if, gasp, in public! Though in fairness to the OP, I can understand why he would find the thought of trying on something in public abhorent. Troll comes to mind. The under the bridge kind, not the internet kind...
He couldn't handle the sexy.
Yogi58
TheFiatLux said:

Well, so much for transforming any ugliness that is causing us pain into beauty, so we can treat others kindly.

cal83dls79
Fyght4Cal said:

TheFiatLux said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

there is WAY more man love on this site than I could have ever expressed to Ken for those brief 2 minutes. As I mentioned above in my "truths" and maybe you should review those, I did not mention my characterization of his body as one of those. Could it stand improvement? Yes. But that will come with less study time and more time in the gym. Did I cast personal insults on him after the fact I knew it was him, no. I actually respect the guy even though we don't agree on stuff. Why not just enjoy the story and stop trying to pick fights.
B.A. Bearacus
cal83dls79
Uh. Check out the "inside Jaws" podcasts...well of course the Theranos scandal is waaay more intriguing than cal athletics and of course the fyre stuff on Hulu or Netflix.
dajo9
TheFiatLux said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

And FiatLux raises the stakes! Excellent.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
Sebastabear
B.A. Bearacus said:

B.A. Bearacus enters the fight! Outstanding!! This was the one missing component to take this thread from great to legendary. Albany Bowl look out. Your crown is on the line.
Fyght4Cal
cal83dls79 said:

Fyght4Cal said:

TheFiatLux said:

GivemTheAxe said:

Fyght4Cal said:

KenBurnski said:

there is WAY more man love on this site than I could have ever expressed to Ken for those brief 2 minutes. As I mentioned above in my "truths" and maybe you should review those, I did not mention my characterization of his body as one of those. Could it stand improvement? Yes. But that will come with less study time and more time in the gym. Did I cast personal insults on him after the fact I knew it was him, no. I actually respect the guy even though we don't agree on stuff. Why not just enjoy the story and stop trying to pick fights.
Tut tut. We're not going to fight over Ken, no matter how sexy he is.
Sebastabear
I'm just going to say that if there were any justice in the world the picture of the Thunder Down Under guy draped in the Cal stole from B.A. Bearacus would be getting way more love.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.