CAL @ OLE MISS TRIP...

11,484 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Arcadiabear
bipolarbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
olemissrebel said:

Goobear said:

Ok, late to the party but my wife wants to go to this game now. She is hotty toddy for it now. What are the best options for staying?
There are several hotels and condos for rental in and around Oxford if you book early.
My package deal includes a 3/2 condo near campus and the Square, plus 2 Club Level tickets (with option for more), and a parking pass close to the Grove and Stadium (although you can walk from the condo, if you want).
There is plenty to do and see in Oxford on a ballgame weekend starting Thursdays, and there are great restaurants, bars, and shops all over town, but especially around the Square. Only reason to stay in Memphis, is if you just want to party on Beale Street or can't afford to stay in Oxford.
I'll bite. How much for your condo package for 2 (mature) adults?
olemissrebel
bipolarbear said:

olemissrebel said:

Goobear said:

Ok, late to the party but my wife wants to go to this game now. She is hotty toddy for it now. What are the best options for staying?
There are several hotels and condos for rental in and around Oxford if you book early.
My package deal includes a 3/2 condo near campus and the Square, plus 2 Club Level tickets (with option for more), and a parking pass close to the Grove and Stadium (although you can walk from the condo, if you want).
There is plenty to do and see in Oxford on a ballgame weekend starting Thursdays, and there are great restaurants, bars, and shops all over town, but especially around the Square. Only reason to stay in Memphis, is if you just want to party on Beale Street or can't afford to stay in Oxford.
$3,000 for 3 nights covers the 3/2 condo, plus Club Level seats, plus reserved stall parking pass near the Grove and Stadium, plus tips for where to eat and what to see in Oxford.
Strykur
Alright I grabbed one of the last AirBnBs down there a few miles from the campus for the weekend, flights TBD but Memphis is quite a bit closer to Nashville, gonna drive down from there with my cousin, should be interesting...
Don'tDance
Don'tDance
Restaurants for Friday night?
82gradDLSdad
olemissrebel said:

bipolarbear said:

olemissrebel said:

Goobear said:

$3,000 for 3 nights covers the 3/2 condo, plus Club Level seats, plus reserved stall parking pass near the Grove and Stadium, plus tips for where to eat and what to see in Oxford.

Can't you get a starter home for $3000 in Mississippi?
Strykur
Anyone here STAYING in Oxford? Actually going on Thursday to catch EMCC play Delta in Moorhead and see what's going on Friday around campus.
CyBear77
sorry folks,...but if you wanted to stay in Oxford, I think all the hotels are booked up for the home football games for the season...
FuzzyWuzzy
82gradDLSdad said:

olemissrebel said:

bipolarbear said:

olemissrebel said:

Goobear said:

Reminded me of the statistic about the courtside seats in Cleveland in a recent NBA finals going for something like $47K each. It was pointed out that was more than the cost of a starter home in that city. (I might have read that here; forgive me if so!)
82gradDLSdad
FuzzyWuzzy said:

82gradDLSdad said:

olemissrebel said:

bipolarbear said:

olemissrebel said:

Goobear said:

Reminded me of the statistic about the courtside seats in Cleveland in a recent NBA finals going for something like $47K each. It was pointed out that was more than the cost of a starter home in that city. (I might have read that here; forgive me if so!)

Amazing.
Oski87
I got a place at the Marriott in Oxford two weeks ag for Friday and Sat. Expensive (320 per night) but I do not want to drive after the game. We are actually going to NO on Sunday. Long drive.

I assume that there will be a group of blues around on Friday night somewhere in town.
oldblu86
Any info on the ins and outs of getting to the game from Jackson?
My dad lives there, so I'd like to combine game with visit - not to mention no hotel costs!
Crusty old Colonel
Jackson isn't a bad drive....about 2.5 hours....roughly 140 miles on I-55 to exit 243 at Batesville then about 30 miles to campus

Hopefully it'll be a late afternoon or night kickoff...

For those staying in the Memphis area, I personally like to stay in Southaven, which is just across the state line in Mississippi and a Memphis suburb...
oldblu86
Thanks Colonel,
I appreciate the info!
Arcadiabear
reviving this. Me and our group of 6 are heading to the game!

What are the visitors section and where will everyone be at?

Also, any cal tailgating tents/ options for the game?
YamhillBear
Arcadiabear said:

Arcadia:
You're late to the discussions, or maybe didn't see them under some other post, but I'll summarize quickly for you!

Visitors sections are S and S1, and K (end zone corners). From others who've purchased through Cal Athletics, I've been told that they don't get their specific seats until the get sent out, except one person who reported that their seats are in section K (which I had thought was basically visitors overflow). Based on what I'm seeing fronm the Ole Miss site, I'm guessing that they've given the Cal athletic ticket office seats low in the corner(s).

Somewhat better seat locations available from Ole Miss directly, and then of course the resale market.

Cal will have an official tailgate, $45, run this year by Cal Athletics, not by Cal Alumni Assoc. The cal tailgate will be at Swayze Field, a ~8 minute walk from The Grove. Some others from this site have intimated that they are getting space in The Grove, but I haven't seen any of them announcing anything specifically yet.

Go Bears!
bearsandgiants
there are still a few rooms avail. at the holiday inn express on the west side of campus. fully renovated, good reviews. 1.5mi walk to the grove, through fraternity row. free parking at the hotel. free breakfast. 320/night. not too shabby. they also have a shuttle with free rides to campus but guessing that will be packed.
Strykur
Not sure if this requires a new thread (I could start it or someone else could), but we need a running tally of the people going, where we're staying and plans for that weekend, rather than jumping all over this and other threads.
SFCABEARFAN
Arriving Thursday 9/19. Leaving Sunday 9/22
Staying in Memphis at the doubletree downtown on union
Arcadiabear
YamhillBear said:

Arcadiabear said:

Arcadia:
You're late to the discussions, or maybe didn't see them under some other post, but I'll summarize quickly for you!

Visitors sections are S and S1, and K (end zone corners). From others who've purchased through Cal Athletics, I've been told that they don't get their specific seats until the get sent out, except one person who reported that their seats are in section K (which I had thought was basically visitors overflow). Based on what I'm seeing fronm the Ole Miss site, I'm guessing that they've given the Cal athletic ticket office seats low in the corner(s).

Somewhat better seat locations available from Ole Miss directly, and then of course the resale market.

Cal will have an official tailgate, $45, run this year by Cal Athletics, not by Cal Alumni Assoc. The cal tailgate will be at Swayze Field, a ~8 minute walk from The Grove. Some others from this site have intimated that they are getting space in The Grove, but I haven't seen any of them announcing anything specifically yet.

Go Bears!
Thanks YamhillBear. Reviving this thread since the game is coming up. I see some resell market tickets in section R and Q for cheap, anyone familiar with the stadium can tell us whether it's a good idea to grab those seats?

We don't want to end up with a bunch of drunk frat boys, that's all!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.