OLine Grad Assistant Matt McFadden

2,638 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NortonBear
Lomiton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like he has moved on: https://yoteathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=701&path=football

I always thought this position would be a perfect place for Addison Ooms to get his coaching start. Is this GA position filled already?
MoragaBear
Staff
You have to be a grad student at Cal to be eligible and you need to have a 3.0 or much higher to get into grad school at Cal, which eliminates a high percentage of Cal players with the time and academic demands of being a football player here.
NVBear78
Who is his replacement?
MoragaBear
Staff
Will Heck (@CoachHeck55): https://twitter.com/CoachHeck55?s=01
Lomiton
MB: appreciate the response. My assumption was that the timing was just off but it sounds deeper than that. Addison will do well where ever he goes, but it would be nice to see him doing well at CMS on a regular basis sometime in the future.

NAIA is a deep drop for McFadden but it's got to be nice to finally run your own group and you've got to start somewhere. Hope he loves long bus rides.
MoragaBear
Staff
Hopefully Ooms will be back at Cal in some capacity in the future. I think there's mutual interest in that happening.
NortonBear
Met Ooms father at the Cal Coaches caravan in Orange County last month. Really nice guy. Said Addison LOVED his years at Cal. Said he was glad to be finished playing because of all the injuries and pain he played with. I'm sure Addison would just love to be back at Cal.
wifeisafurd
Ooms is on the Utah staff. He may get to a Rose Bowl first as a coach, as Utah is expected to win the Southern Division crown. Would not be surprised to see him coaching in Berkeley soon.
petalumabear
NortonBear said:

Met Ooms father at the Cal Coaches caravan in Orange County last month. Really nice guy. Said Addison LOVED his years at Cal. Said he was glad to be finished playing because of all the injuries and pain he played with. I'm sure Addison would just love to be back at Cal.
In case you aren't aware Norton, Ooms dad posts regularly here as GooBear.
Big C
wifeisafurd said:

Ooms is on the Utah staff. He may get to a Rose Bowl first as a coach, as Utah is expected to win the Southern Division crown. Would not be surprised to see him coaching in Berkeley soon.
Yes, sometimes it is good if an aspiring coach gets experience elsewhere, before returning. Kind of like going to grad school at a different place than where you did undergrad. It'd be cool if Ooms came back, at some point!
Mikeman
I think he is in good spot. Mike Moroski played qb for UCD and in the pros and coached at UCD.
NortonBear
Thanks PB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.