Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Jermaine Terry
Cal Football

Local Star 2021 TE Jermaine Terry Talks Cal Visit

July 28, 2019

One of the biggest early 2021 targets on the Cal radar is local product Jermaine Terry, a talented 6-4/235 tight end from Richmond’s Kennedy High.

Less than 10 miles from home, Cal is smack in Terry’s backyard and the big TE has taken advantage of the proximity -most recently returning for Cal’s recruiting bbq on Saturday, where they hosted a large contingent of committed and uncommitted 2020 recruits as well as several of their 2021 targets.

“I’ve been to Cal about 4-5 times now and it’s always great,” said Terry. “The Cal bbq was more of getting a feel for the coaches and possible future teammates. Everyone just had a great time and I liked it.”

Terry plays tight end in an offense that doesn’t utilize the position very frequently but he’s made the most of his opportunities, hauling in four touchdowns on just six targets on the season. He’d like his future program to feature the position more prominently, hopefully putting him in a position for an NFL career.

“I want to get a great education and go somewhere that uses and produces NFL-caliber tight ends, and it has to feel like home,” noted Terry.

So far, Cal has checked the boxes with Terry and is high on his radar.

“Cal is great place to play football and get an education,” said Terry. “Coach Wilcox is bringing that program back up and I would love to be a part of that one day. I’m taking my time, though, through this recruiting process.”

The 4 star tight end has some impressive options so far, with offers from Alabama, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Oregon, UCLA and more to-date.

Recent stories:

Remigio From Newcomer to Old-Timer

Weaver Unplugged

Discussion from...

Local Star 2021 TE Jermaine Terry Talks Cal Visit

6,647 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by burritos
petalumabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like a great kid. If his on field talent is what its purported to be, I like the early work that's being done by the staff. Good write up....
Intuit
How well the Cal coaching staff incorporates the new TEs into this year's offense will indicate how attractive the TightEnd gig at California could be for him.
Harborview
Oakbear
offered by both SJS and Nevada, as Blueblood notes we are fishing in the wrong pond LOL
MoragaBear
Staff
Oakbear said:

offered by both SJS and Nevada, as Blueblood notes we are fishing in the wrong pond LOL
I assume that's a joke because he has offers from Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Oregon, UCLA and a lot more, too.
Oakbear
you did see the LOL ??

yes, it was a poke at Blueblood
MoragaBear
Staff
Well that could've been directed at bb writing off Cal recruits with offers he doesn't respect rather than acknowledging the additional strong offers. Just checking.
burritos
Oakbear said:

you did see the LOL ??

yes, it was a poke at Blueblood
I got it. I thought it was funny.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.