cal83dls79 said:

calumnus said:

cal83dls79 said:

Dew point? Tell me about it. When you can't grind salt it's a culinary disaster. We set aside a pantry with a dehumidifier. Im sure the guys will figure it out

Ha, I was JUST cooking dinner and dealing with this very issue. I live in Guam and it is "rainy season" where are you?
Maine, where the weather changes by the minute. I lived in Houston as well but mostly in the East Bay/oakland. The humidity here is off the charts on days. Coincidentally and perhaps tragically my Dad served in WWII and was part of the US Marine Guam invasion. Maybe a risky move to divulge that but there it is. He didn't talk about it much. What brings you there?

For most of the last 30 years my career has focused on Pacific island shipping and logistics. I started up and ran a new service to Guam and Saipan breaking the previous monopoly. After an acquisition of our company the new owners brought in their own manager, but my wife and I really like it out here so we stayed. After living in an urban condo cliffside with spectacular ocean views we bought a little house in the south of the island up a hill from the beach and the marina, with ocean, green mountain and forest views (looks like Kauai) and plenty mango, coconut, banana, papaya, breadfruit, apple guava, star fruit, sweet potatoes, fresh fish (ahi, mahi-mahi, ono, marlin) every day from the guys fishing out of the marina) high speed Internet so I can do my consulting work and stream Cal sports. House cost us $75k (it was a fixer upper) property taxes are $50 per year, stuff from the mainland is expensive but Guam is outside US customs and 100% duty free so we buy direct from China, Korea, Japan. People are super friendly, kids are deferential to adults, you are constantly invited to fiestas (weekends families barbecue at the beach, if you walk by, even though a stranger, you will be invited to eat). Business opportunities are plentiful. US and Japan are spending $8 billion here to relocate the Marines from Okinawa). Travel to Asia is cheap and easy. Life is good.