I don't hate Beau Baldwin, but he needs to go

6,629 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pigskin Pete
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Golden One said:

BancroftBear93 said:

Beau, if we don't lick the Beavers by at least 24, I'm coming for you.
With this offense, I don't think we can beat anybody by 24 points.

Maybe with a couple Pick-6s. We are due.
Golden One
calumnus said:

Golden One said:

BancroftBear93 said:

Beau, if we don't lick the Beavers by at least 24, I'm coming for you.
With this offense, I don't think we can beat anybody by 24 points.

Maybe with a couple Pick-6s. We are due.
That would do it.
fjbards
I agree that BB has to go. Particularly after the weak offensive recruiting we're seeing this year!
bonsallbear
Please explain weak.
fjbards
Come on, man. This is probably the best offensive recruiting in a decade which has to translate into firing the offensive staff. Isn't that the point of the original post?
bonsallbear
fjbards said:

Come on, man. This is probably the best offensive recruiting in a decade which has to translate into firing the offensive staff. Isn't that the point of the original post?
Not understanding your post. You said we have weak offensive recruiting. When I last checked,we have 12 offensive recruits.a fair mix between QB, running back, wide receiver, and o line. Wha am I missing?
calumnus
bonsallbear said:

fjbards said:

Not understanding your post. You said we have weak offensive recruiting. When I last checked,we have 12 offensive recruits.a fair mix between QB, running back, wide receiver, and o line. Wha am I missing?

I think his first post was meant to be sarcastic. He is extolling the "great" recruiting for the 2020 class as a reason to continue to extend Baldwin. "All he needs in order to not have the Pac-12's worst offense is the right QB and yes we thought about about those other 4 and 5 star QBs and then ended up missing even the ones we thought were terrible but let me tell you about the 3 star true freshman we will have in 2020, by the time he is a senior in the 8th year under Baldwin we are guaranteed have an average Pac-12 offense!"
Big C
We need to wait until the end of the year to see how things end up. It's a nuanced situation.
bonsallbear
calumnus said:

bonsallbear said:

fjbards said:

I think his first post was meant to be sarcastic. He is extolling the "great" recruiting for the 2020 class as a reason to continue to extend Baldwin. "All he needs in order to not have the Pac-12's worst offense is the right QB and yes we thought about about those other 4 and 5 star QBs and then ended up missing even the ones we thought were terrible but let me tell you about the 3 star true freshman we will have in 2020, by the time he is a senior in the 8th year under Baldwin we are guaranteed have an average Pac-12 offense!"
Two questions then. Do you think we were making progress with the offense prior to Chase going down? And,where do you think we would be if Chase were healthy and no injuries to the offensive line? I think we would have seen more creativity in play calling. Perhaps we need to give Beau a chance to play with a good hand.
Pigskin Pete
bonsallbear said:

calumnus said:

bonsallbear said:

fjbards said:

Two questions then. Do you think we were making progress with the offense prior to Chase going down? And,where do you think we would be if Chase were healthy and no injuries to the offensive line? I think we would have seen more creativity in play calling. Perhaps we need to give Beau a chance to play with a good hand.
Dave Roberts too. He deserves another chance, having made the playoffs every year and a couple World Series.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.