Mike Silver reunites with your fave Cal alums

2,308 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearGoggles
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/B3aHmw9FTeL
Cal8285
okaydo said:

https://instagr.am/p/B3aHmw9FTeL
Now, now, to be fair, many of us are still fond of Lyman.

Interesting, Silver with two guys who Tedford did wrong at some point.

At least Tedford apologized to Lyman when he basically accused Lyman of being soft for not playing with an injury, when it turned out that Lyman needed surgery, but pretty sure he never apologized to the other guy in the photo for throwing him under a bus. .

Man, did Rodgers and Lyman click at the Insight Bowl and in the early part of 2004. We can talk about a lot of "what if's" after Cal got first and goal against SC at the end of the game in 2004, but to me, the biggest "what if" is "what if Lyman hadn't been hurt earlier in the game."

Interesting contrast between Lyman and Longshore. Tedford wanted guys who were willing to go out there and play even if hurt, and it didn't really matter if they were so injured that they couldn't play well enough to be out on the field. So we get Longshore in 2007. Tedford's excuse for playing Longshore was, "He says he can play." Well OF COURSE he says he can play, that's what you encourage your players to do. Tedford needs to recognize when a player is too injured to be effective and NOT let him play, and it is easier to recognize this if he encourages honesty from his players about being hurt.

Not that I'm bitter about 2007 or anything.
GBear4Life
Lyman was going to be a shoe-in for 1st Team All Pac, possibly make one of the All-American teams. He was a bad a*s that year before he got hurt. Which is funny because seeing him play as a frosh under Holmoe, I didn't buy in to his potential that others were talking about.
GBear4Life
Mike Silver struck me as one of those guys who gauged his own importance by who he "knew" and was "tight with" and....his own mind.
Alkiadt
Mike Silver is a legend in his own mind. Along with his buddy Hue Jackson.

I think the guy is a tool.
93Bear
Why hate on one of our own who unabashedly loves Cal and uses his platform to support our football players and program?
calumnus
93Bear said:

Why hate on one of our own who unabashedly loves Cal and uses his platform to support our football players and program?

Agreed. Never understood the Silver hate on this site. Loyal Bears should support each other. Traitors like Tosh on the other hand.....
tim94501
Silver is a solid guy... hung out with him a few times at the bears lair and Henry's and he always was a good dude at heart. Definitely a good person to have in our corner.
GBear4Life
93Bear said:

Because we're not 11?
ColoradoBear
Not too late to raise some $$$ and bring back Tosh, folks. NFL position coaches don't make a ton.

PTBear
ColoradoBear said:

Not too late to raise some $$$ and bring back Tosh, folks. NFL position coaches don't make a ton.

He would have to acknowledge the wrongness of what he did and apologize before I would even begin to consider this. snake...
ColoradoBear
PTBear said:

ColoradoBear said:

He would have to acknowledge the wrongness of what he did and apologize before I would even begin to consider this. snake...
Two questions:

1) Do you have enough money to pay for his salary?

2) If both Sonny and more importantly Wilcox have tried to hire him, what does that say?

And back to question 1, if you do hav enough money to pay for Tosh, but his past is an issue, can you at least throw down some bread for an upgraded offensive staff?
Bear8
Next time they're taking a picture have the subject face the light and not the reverse.
GBear4Life
ColoradoBear said:

what about DeRooooooter?!
GoBears89
ColoradoBear said:

I would rather see us spend the $$$ on the offensive side of the ball. I think Wilcox & TDR have a handle on the D.
chazzed
It means that neither of them are strictly Cal guys and do not understand how much the Benedict Arnold's actions hurt.
BearGoggles
calumnus said:

93Bear said:

Agreed. Never understood the Silver hate on this site. Loyal Bears should support each other. Traitors like Tosh on the other hand.....
He's a pretty arrogant guy for reasons that are not particularly clear - his journalism is nothing special. An inordinate amount of his persona and writing is based on the famous people knows - Steve Kerr, Hue Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, etc. And in term of using his platform, it is not necessarily to support Cal. It is often seems to support him and his guys from Cal with some concurrent benefit to Cal as a whole. He was actively campaigning for Hue to get the Cal job. His unconditional support of Tosh seems like its based less on a fair assessment of what actually happened - and Tosh's shared fault - and more based on the fact that Tosh pays attention to him.

He loves Cal and that's obviously a good thing. I followed him on twitter for a brief period and he came across as insufferable and pretty much a jerk to anyone who disagreed with him.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.