Cal at Utah looks like 7pm game

1,609 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by going4roses
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From martz. Not confirmed, but likely.
Go Bears!
Bobodeluxe
Beautiful. I love football, and being a fan, at 33 degrees.
tc3590
I'm alright with this. Coming back from Arizona that afternoon from a business trip. Now I won't miss it.
ColoradoBear
Those are just guesses by sarz, not fact.

There are 730p PT slots on FS1 and ESPN to fill, so sure that's 50% of the days P12 games.

WSU vs Oregon will be one of the night games, but I'd be worried of the 6 day hold so the networks can see whether ASU or Utah wins on 10/19. At least it's not a home, but an 8pm start local time is super late. Not sure 830pm local is even allowable. The problem with a 7pm PT (8p local) start is that both FS1 and ESPN have games beforehand starting at 4pm PT, so there is the potential for missing a large portion of the first half of the night game. That generally means the first 30-45 minutes would be pushed over to ESPN News or FS2, which are often only on a higher priced cable package.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow, or not...

It really amazing how many 8pm local games Utah gets, though. I'm counting 16 under the new TV contract that started in 2012, which is 7.5 season. So over 2 per year so far. Colorado has only had 3 8pm starts since 2012. And Cal has had 14 home kickoffs at 7pm or later since the start of 2012.

oskidunker
I think FS 1 is showing the world series
Go Bears!
wifeisafurd
ColoradoBear said:

It really amazing how many 8pm local games Utah gets, though. I'm counting 16 under the new TV contract that started in 2012, which is 7.5 season. So over 2 per year so far. Colorado has only had 3 8pm starts since 2012. And Cal has had 14 home kickoffs at 7pm or later since the start of 2012.

And yet Utah still sells out.
sycasey
wifeisafurd said:

ColoradoBear said:

Only game in town.
calbear80
it will be cold and it will be a tough game.

Go Bears!
BTownsend
7:00 PM PST (8:00 Utah time) start per Pac-12 website.
petalumabear
wifeisafurd said:

ColoradoBear said:

Not enough snow to ski in the Wasatch Range yet..... and the Tabernacle Choir gets Saturday nights off.... leaving weak beer??
ColoradoBear
wifeisafurd said:

ColoradoBear said:

Stadium is 45k though. If it were 65k, that would significantly decrease sellouts. I know they are doing a moderate expansion and will probably still sell out at 52k as long as they are relevant.

ColoradoBear
BTownsend said:

7:00 PM PST (8:00 Utah time) start per Pac-12 website.
I don't actually mind night games. Especially on the road since I don't go to those. Allows for a day to do something outside. My couch is nice and warm, my living room has two TV's, my fridge is full of brewskis and liquor cabinet full of scotch.

Looks like that was UCLA's homecoming, so they could request not to be at night. Was really hoping the networks would burn another 6 day hold (2 each for espn/fox), but those will probably be saved for November to create maximum annoyance for a Cal home game.
going4roses
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.