Jaden Casey offered by Alabama but heard he's going elsewhere

4,174 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearfan93
burritos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hint not Fresno.
LACalFan
Boom
burritos
He's listed as 6'1" but Alabama offered.
burritos
Fire Beau. That'll help.
burritos
Sorry my bad.
SDBear44
Same height as Tua
LACalFan
packawana
I dunno, the last guy who chose us over Bama did pretty well.
rclee
So excited....one of the kids that my son played with back in 8th grade. He's a talent.

Go J! Go Bears!
calumnus
packawana said:

Demetris Robertson, who else?
packawana
calumnus said:

packawana said:

Jared was the last QB who chose us over Bama.
Robocheme
calumnus said:

packawana said:

Goff
GoBears89
calumnus said:

packawana said:

Keenan Allen.
Goobear
Jordan Duncan
LACalFan
dimitrig

That's good news, but he's a 3* who looks REALLY scrawny - especially for a "dual threat" QB. Maybe he grows into the position but right now I suspect he will ride the pine at Cal.
Pigskin Pete
dimitrig said:

That's good news, but he's a 3* who looks REALLY scrawny - especially for a "dual threat" QB. Maybe he grows into the position but right now I suspect he will ride the pine at Cal.
IMO, he's easily the best QB prospect who has ever verballed to Wilcox and it's not close.
Cal89
Doesn't appear scrawny to me... He's listed as 6'1" 185-190 lbs. A couple different recruiting sites had Goff listed at 6'4" and 175-190 lbs...

Pretty impressive that we land this guy while our offense struggles at the bottom of the Pac-12. While PT is likely a factor, it's hard not to see this as a vote of confidence in our offense.

GoBears89
dimitrig said:

He's a pro-style QB. Did you watch his highlights?
Sebastabear
dimitrig said:

Good lord man. Again recruits and their families read these threads. Can we just try to welcome him to the family?

Jayden you've made a great decision. Thrilled to have you join us.
calumnus
Pigskin Pete said:

dimitrig said:

IMO, he's easily the best QB prospect who has ever verballed to Wilcox and it's not close.

I buy that since Garbers didn't verbal to Wilcox, right? Most everyone else transferred in. Basically you are saying that he is a lot better than Brasch or Zach Johnson the other 2020 QB commit? And the ratings support that somewhat, but the Bama offer indicates that he may be underrated by the recruiting sites. Maybe he gets another star soon (bet he would have if he committed to Bama, right?).
CAL4LIFE
Some folks are way too caught up with size here. The kid has big-time arm talent, makes decisions at an elite level, and makes plays with his feet.

Kind of like Garbers back in HS.

Cal84
Cal89 said:

>Pretty impressive that we land this guy while our offense struggles at the bottom of the Pac-12. While
PT is likely a factor, it's hard not to see this as a vote of confidence in our offense.

We're on Year 3 of this rebuild. We can now recruit 3* on both sides of the line (would like to see more OL recruits tho). Add in a couple of more years to develop these prospects. That's the length of the runway when you are doing a full rebuild of a low/mid-tier P5 team. This is why I am continually flabergasted when people suggest restarting a rebuild again.

And as far as "scrawny-ness" goes, continued physical development of a 17-18 year old is a common part of the recruiting/development cycle with recruits. Casey seems completely normal to me in that regard. Welcome to Berkeley.

burritos
Pigskin Pete said:

dimitrig said:

I think that post was meant to be facetious.
burritos
CAL4LIFE said:

Some folks are way too caught up with size here. The kid has big-time arm talent, makes decisions at an elite level, and makes plays with his feet.

Kind of like Garbers back in HS.

I think the posts talking about size here are used as a sarcastic counterpoint against the loud pro-bigger-size contingent on this board.
concernedparent
dimitrig said:

Goff was scrawny too. Who cares.
bearfan93
welcome to Berkeley Jaden - stoked to have you

Go Bears
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.