If both Oregon and Cal win out, we in the Rose Bowl?

2,841 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big C
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Count it!

I'm ready.

ColoradoBear
/insert dumb and dumber gif here
KoreAmBear
ColoradoBear said:

I know the "so you're saying there's a chance" gif, but I like this one better.

71Bear
KoreAmBear said:

Count it!

I'm ready.

No. Arizona State, if they win out, would be the rep. They would have one regular season loss v. Cal's two, they beat Cal head to head and they would win the Southern Division (even though they would lose the title game).
KoreAmBear
71Bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Count it!

I'm ready.

No. Arizona State, if they win out, would be the rep.
I am assuming Oregon wins out. If so, Oregon would have beaten ASU during the regular season, and if they played again in the Pac-12 championship game, beaten ASU again. ASU would then have lost 3 Pac-12 games.
71Bear
KoreAmBear said:

71Bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Count it!

I'm ready.

Yah but Oregon would have beaten ASU during the regular season, and if they played again in the Pac-12 championship game, beaten ASU again.
I thought of that while you were posting your response. I was going to erase my comment but you beat me to the punch....
KoreAmBear
71Bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

71Bear said:

KoreAmBear said:

Count it!

I'm ready.

Yah but Oregon would have beaten ASU during the regular season, and if they played again in the Pac-12 championship game, beaten ASU again.
I thought of that while you were posting your response. I was going to erase my comment but you beat me to the punch....
Yah could happen lol. Usually these scenarios actually work out often in the end. The hardest part of it is usually... doing our part.
calumnus
KoreAmBear said:

Count it!

I'm ready.

Nice!
Strykur
On the other hand, assuming this scenario, we will have beaten the other South contenders (USC and Utah).
KoreAmBear
Strykur said:

On the other hand, assuming this scenario, we will have beaten the other South contenders (USC and Utah).
There you go. That's how you work with me.
bear2034
ColoradoBear said:

Big C
KoreAm, if we lose to the Beavs, or if we finish 6-6, you take responsibility for pissing off the Woofing Gods/Football Gods with the title of this thread?
dimitrig

Let's just have a winning season and not get ahead of ourselves.
KoreAmBear
Big C said:

KoreAm, if we lose to the Beavs, or if we finish 6-6, you take responsibility for pissing off the Woofing Gods/Football Gods with the title of this thread?

Woofing Gods can eat me. We've been so scared of offending the Woofing Gods since 1959. It's time to throw caution to the wind like Lt Dan in Forest Gump.
Big C
KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

Woofing Gods can eat me. We've been so scared of offending the Woofing Gods since 1959. It's time to throw caution to the wind like Lt Dan in Forest Gump.
There's the problem: We should've thrown caution to the wind and played as if this was our most important game. Now, we're getting close to being "U$C without a paddle".
510 Bear
So now do we move on to the usual "Here are the 10 crazy things that all need to happen for our 4-3 team to get to the Rose Bowl?"
FloriDreaming
Well this thread didn't age well.
KoreAmBear
Uthaithani said:

Nothing that relates to Cal football or men's basketball ages well.
Cal8285
KoreAmBear said:

Uthaithani said:

Nothing that relates to Cal football or men's basketball ages well.
As big fans, you and I relate to Cal football and Cal men's basketball. Are you saying that you and I are not aging well? Um, never mind, don't answer that question.

I was happy to see this thread if for no other reason than to know that the MOC we all knew and loved is still there inside you. Don't ever lose that.
Big C
If we win out, will we get votes in the AP Poll again?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.