I'm thinking Fat Slice is now closed?

8,868 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 510 Bear
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Couple of questions related to this topic...

1) How's the former Hotel Durant now?

2) The earliest I'll be leaving the stadium will probably be 1:00AM with the late kick off...so where would you suggest fir a late night food grab before I head back to the room?

Thanks in advance
okaydo
BerlinerBaer said:

okaydo said:

dajo9 said:

Oski87 said:

I heard the guys from Rancid all worked at fat slice when it opened in the 80's. I used to go there but after I heard that about 20 years ago I stopped. Where would they have gotten that name?

At Casa Zimbabwe in 1994 we paid Rancid $50 and free beer to play a party. They rocked the house.

RIP Fat Slice. I took in many calories from there.

I lived in CZ a few years after you. I was the last person to pick a room. I lived in a triple by myself. That's how bad it's reputation got.
I arrived a few years later still, in the midst of a particularly tight housing situation. I think every bed was full by the spring semester. This was in 2000 - 2001.

My last visit to the place was in 2004 or 2005, before they renovated. My vague recollection was of it backsliding again before everyone got evicted.

Yeah, the first UC Berkeley housing crisis happened in fall 1998 with apartments being kept off market with the loosening of rent control in 1999. So students were sleeping in BART stations and motels. Then during the first dot com boom, techies found Berkeley a nice place to live, so they'd occupy the apartments that students would usually occupy. (But, yeah, I lived in CZ shortly before the housing crisis.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Needed-Place-to-Sleep-UC-Berkeley-housing-2995311.php

510 Bear
dimitrig said:

Back in the early 1990s a couple years after Fat Slice first opened up I got a slice and brought it home to eat. I opened it up and my cat was very interested, sniffing it. Her tail fluffed up and she ran away. I did not eat that slice of pizza or any other pizza from Fat Slice since.
I've been sharing this story with people I know and everyone (incl. me) had a good laugh. Well done.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.