Story Poster
Cal Football

Bears Add a Big Piece to 2020 Recruiting Class in Roberts

November 18, 2019

The Bears added a big piece with the commitment of 6-3/290 Avon Old Farms (Avon, Connecticut) OL/DT Jaedon Roberts.

The 3 star Roberts had visited Cal in June unofficially and the trip vaulted the Bears to the top of Roberts’ impressive offer list, including Michigan, Penn State, Oregon and more.

Originally from Sausalito, Roberts headed East for high school, so the commitment to Cal will bring him back home to the bay.

A big, physical player, though Roberts excels on both sides of the ball, he’ll likely be plugged in at offensive guard for the Bears, with OL being his preference.

Roberts helped lead Avon Old Farms to an 8-1 record and #10 ranking in the state in his senior season.

Stay tuned for more on Roberts’ commitment.

Discussion from...

Bears Add a Big Piece to 2020 Recruiting Class in Roberts

7,019 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ferCALgm2
Cal Junkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He looks kinda shrimpy. I keed, I keed! What an amazing get for Cal, which needs beef in the trenches...
Cal84
Any idea how many more scholarships we have available for the 2020 class?
tequila4kapp
I have always relied on the list of other schools that are recruiting a kid more than the star ranking. I like this one. Nice get!
chazzed
Welcome to Cal and good luck, young man!
Rushinbear
This guy looks GOOD! Moves well, hits, quick off the ball.

I'm very familiar with AOF school. It is a private, residential prep school in a very affluent town in northern CT. They have a well-regarded fb program and likely that Roberts is what they call a Ringer, there. Most of the team would be regular student players (ala high school) with a few very talented kids brought in on scholly... often for a post grad (hs) year. Doesn't use up any college eligibility.

Great get.
HungryCalBear
Welcome to Cal Jaedon! You have such an unfair size advantage :-)
calumnus
Fantastic news!

Go Bears!
StillABear1
Very nice news indeed for all of us still suffering from the hangover of Saturday nite's game.
ferCALgm2
Awesome! Welcome to Cal!

He grew up around Cal and looks like has always been a fan. On top of his athletic ability, it's a great to get someone who has the passion for Cal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.