Story Poster
Photo by gopoly.com
Cal Football

Cal Poly Names Former Cal Offensive Coordinator Beau Baldwin Head Coach

December 11, 2019

Former Cal offensive coordinator Beau Baldwin was named head coach of the Cal Poly football program today, announced this evening in San Luis Obispo.

Baldwin’s making a return to the Big Sky conference where he coached Eastern Washington as a long time offensive coordinator and then head coach, including leading the Eagles to the 2010 NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision national title.

"I'm delighted to introduce Beau Baldwin as our head football coach," said Cal Poly athletic director Don Oberhelman. "Beau is someone I have known and respected for a very long time, and I am so pleased that he is now a member of the Mustang Family.

"His desire to lead and mentor young men, and be an educator is something that is a 'must' at Cal Poly," Oberhelman added. "In addition, he has a proven track record of winning Big Sky and national championships, recruiting top notch student-athletes, graduating his students, and creating NFL opportunities for many. Beau just seems to fit perfectly with Cal Poly."

In Baldwin’s EWU stint, he led the Eagles 58-14 record in Big Sky Conference games and 85-32 overall from 2008-16.

"More than anything, I am just humbled and honored to be a part of the Mustang family and to be a part of a culture of commitment and history that is rich both on and off the field," said Baldwin. "With the coaches and former student-athletes who were here before me, they set an amazing foundation that allows for the opportunity for myself and the program to keep moving in a great direction.”

Baldwin also announced today that he’ll be coaching the Bears in their season finale in the 2019 Redbox Bowl vs. Illinois in Levi’s Stadium December 30th.

Stay tuned for more on potential OC replacements at Cal.

Pac-12 All-Conference Teams Announced -Weaver First-Team Defensive POY

Bears Looking Strong With Top 10 National TE Rogers

Discussion from...

Cal Poly Names Former Cal Offensive Coordinator Beau Baldwin Head Coach

7,463 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OneKeg
XXXBEAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah!

Good luck Beau!
tequila4kapp
He did his best for the Bears, even if it wasn't as successful as any of us had hoped for. I wish him well.
calpoly
Cal poly are the Mustangs not the Broncos!
calbear80
Wishing Coach Baldwin the very best in his new head coaching position.

Go Bears!
Blueblood
calpoly said:

Doesn't Cal play the Broncos next season?
71Bear
Blueblood said:

calpoly said:

Doesn't Cal play the Broncos next season?
The game with Denver was postponed until Cal recruits at least one five star...
okaydo
The headline says Beau is the former Cal OC, yet ESPN says he's coaching the Redbox Bowl.
calumnus
Wishing Baldwin all the best in his new job!
Big C
calpoly said:

No disrespect to Cal Poly or to horses in general, but what the f*** is the difference between a Bronco and a Mustang and, if there IS a difference, who outside of San Luis or Santa Clara gives a s***?!?

Anyway, best of luck to Beau Baldwin (except when they play us). Good coach and class act.
Northside91
Big C said:

calpoly said:

No disrespect to Cal Poly or to horses in general, but what the f*** is the difference between a Bronco and a Mustang and, if there IS a difference, who outside of San Luis or Santa Clara gives a s***?!?

Anyway, best of luck to Beau Baldwin (except when they play us). Good coach and class act.

Writes the fan of mediocre teams that play in front of sparse crowds in their home stadium/arena.

I skimmed the article and didn't notice the error. If the author got it wrong, why not point it out? BTW, I think I'll start referring to the teams in Berkeley as the Cal Bruins. Tomay-to, tomah-to, right?
OneKeg
Northside91 said:

Big C said:

calpoly said:

Writes the fan of mediocre teams that play in front of sparse crowds in their home stadium/arena.

I skimmed the article and didn't notice the error. If the author got it wrong, why not point it out? BTW, I think I'll start referring to the teams in Berkeley as the Cal Bruins. Tomay-to, tomah-to, right?
Lighten up. If you must know, there is a difference between a regular Bear and a Bruin. A Bruin is a small dickless bear.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.