Marshawn Lynch deserves his own reality show

3,537 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by okaydo
Trumpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gotta take care of your chickens....

Trumpanzee
I don't know what is the bigger surprise: Bill Gates dropping out Harvard or how Marshawn got into Cal......
okaydo
IdahoBear said:

I don't know what is the bigger surprise: Bill Gates dropping out Harvard or how Marshawn got into Cal......

One of the biggest lessons from working in 2 dorms and working with so many students at UC Berkeley: A lot of people who don't sound smart are extremely smart.

Marshawn is so quotable because he does, however, say smart/insightful/fresh things. It just isn't the way you're used to hearing them.

Boot
You mean like Elway and Brad Muster getting into Stanford? Actually he was one of the first to enroll in the program that teaches high profile athletes at Cal on money management which was taken by Missy Franklin, Goff and others. And from what I've heard Mr Lynch never spent any of his contractual money while he was playing.
BrunoBear
IdahoBear said:

Why is that a surprise?
79 Bear
An article I read yesterday about his comments mentioned that he had a 3.5 gpa in high school and scored 1200 on the SAT and that he had a 3.1 gpa at Cal. All of those very respectable.
Big C
I knew one of Marshawn's teachers at Oakland Tech, who said he was plenty smart and fairly often a good student. Obviously, he got into Cal because of football, like a lot of guys, but he's no dummy and the language he uses is by choice, not because it's all he knows.
Fyght4Cal
You're really wondering how this nerd got into Cal?

Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
calbearinamaze
I would certainly watch his show.

He was on with Conan a couple of times. But his appearance with Bear Grylls is priceless.

He's so quick-witted, honest,strong-willed and fun-loving. Some have problems with his language....but eat your skittles, people, and deal with it.

"The name of this show shouldn't be 'Runnin' Wild'...should be "Bear Grylls Trippin' on Mountains'"

okaydo

Trumpanzee
This is Marshawn????? I definitely would judge this book by it's cover!!! The man is a brilliant savant!

Fyght4Cal said:

calumnus
Fyght4Cal said:

That is a great photo.

Looks like his cousin Pat Lynch who went to Cal in the early 80s.
okaydo
9:00 mark. (Terez Paylor is one of the Hall of Fame voters by the way.)

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-avrtm-7b77f6e
01Bear
The younger brother of a buddy of mine was in Clark Kerr with Marshawn Lynch in their freshman year. In fact, IIRC, they were suitemates. From what my friend's brother said, Marshawn was a genuinely good guy.
okaydo
calbearinamaze

https://www.beastmodeonline.com/

Profits are being donated to help with the horrific fires in Australia

Marshawn loves Australia as do I.

cbadbear
Still the best...

TonyTiger
Marshawn was a nerd in High school and at Cal. He began purposely talking different the same reason Tupac talked different, they both wanted to relate to the kids in Oakland and talking to proper was not going to work. Its an act but a necessary one. Get footage of him speaking in high school and at Cal. He changed his speech in a brilliant move to relate to the inner city kids he is targeting. Most people know this and understand what he is doing others on the outside do not. Even Malcolm X had several ways of speaking depending on the crowd. Its a standard thing among African Americans who talk to many types of people. Its a brilliant talent and its unfortunate that many do not see and recognize this talent. Several articles and videos have been made about his amazing talent to change personas depending on who he is addressing. I mean look at his movements in the video. That's not how he moved and interacted in high school or Cal. Its because he is addressing a different crowd today and believe you me, they need to be addressed. Thank God for Marshawn Lynch, a true leader.
TonyTiger
Marshawns a great actor. I mean watch any of his skittles commercials. He is constantly changing characters depending on the role he is required to play.
P.S. Marshawn was a book worm and a nerd at Oakland high it's only when kids in Oakland started looking up to him at cal and the NFL did he realize he needed to start talking different.
90% of Cal alumni know his act and appreciate what the brilliance of what he's doing. That said, Chuck Muncie was a different story.

The Police in Buffalo hated him for they thought this character was real and he was forced to stay in the house because of it.
01Bear
TonyTiger said:

Marshawn was a nerd in High school and at Cal. He began purposely talking different the same reason Tupac talked different, they both wanted to relate to the kids in Oakland and talking to proper was not going to work. Its an act but a necessary one. Get footage of him speaking in high school and at Cal. He changed his speech in a brilliant move to relate to the inner city kids he is targeting. Most people know this and understand what he is doing others on the outside do not. Even Malcolm X had several ways of speaking depending on the crowd. Its a standard thing among African Americans who talk to many types of people. Its a brilliant talent and its unfortunate that many do not see and recognize this talent. Several articles and videos have been made about his amazing talent to change personas depending on who he is addressing. I mean look at his movements in the video. That's not how he moved and interacted in high school or Cal. Its because he is addressing a different crowd today and believe you me, they need to be addressed. Thank God for Marshawn Lynch, a true leader.

IIRC, that's commonly referred to as "code switching." It's something many (most?) people of color have had to do at some point or other in their lives. It's really a shame that it has to be done, but that's how it works in America.
okaydo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.