OT: Craziest Plays in College Football History

1,576 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Strykur
Chapman_is_Gone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you're bored...a surprisingly entertaining collection of crazy college football finishes.

Cal has waaaaay too much representation here, LOL

Sebastabear
That was awesome. Love that Bowers' flip against WSU made the cut. Thanks for posting.
Sebastabear
Must say I'm surprised (and gratified) that Bigelow's spin run against Ohio State made the cut.
MrGPAC
4 Total plays involving Cal (in order):

1) Ross's flip into the endzone vs WSU
2) The Play
3) Arizona's Hail Mary vs Cal Goffs' Sophomore year
4) Bigelow's double spin vs Ohio State (which mercifully came directly after the Arizona Hail Mary highlight)

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a single Jahvid Best highlight. His run @UCLA would have fit right in.

Also...Desean Jackson's punt return vs Tennessee should have made the cut.

But maybe I'm a bit of a homer there.
IssyBear
Where was Roy "Wrong Way" Riegels' 1929 Rose Bowl play?

Here is a better video of the play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/greatest-cfb-plays/0ap3000000498512/Greatest-CFB-Plays-Wrong-Way-Roy-1929-Rose-Bowl
Big C
With the title being "craziest", I was assuming our two in there would be "Wrong-way" and "The Play".
Beardog26
Totally agree with you re Desean's punt return TD vs. Tennessee. Loved Jahvid's 94 yarder against UCLA in the Rose Bowl (took my then seven year old son to that game) but would probably slightly prefer DJ's punt return.
LunchTime
MrGPAC said:

4 Total plays involving Cal (in order):

1) Ross's flip into the endzone vs WSU
2) The Play
3) Arizona's Hail Mary vs Cal Goffs' Sophomore year
4) Bigelow's double spin vs Ohio State (which mercifully came directly after the Arizona Hail Mary highlight)

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a single Jahvid Best highlight. His run @UCLA would have fit right in.

Also...Desean Jackson's punt return vs Tennessee should have made the cut.

But maybe I'm a bit of a homer there.
The problem with these kinds of "top" cuts are that most of these plays have some variation that you see "all the time." There are so few "The Play" or "Kick 6" type plays that a real list of craziest plays would be pretty short, but if you make it longer you are leaving out dozens of similarly less-crazy plays.

How do you rank all the punt returns for TDs? How do you rank all the hail marys? How do you rank all the long TD runs with big contact early? How do you rank the TD's when everyone thought the play was over, or tipped ball catches, flips into the endzone? etc.

The ross flip into the endzone wasnt even the craziest flip into the endzone we have seen in CMS.
Strykur
Sebastabear said:

Must say I'm surprised (and gratified) that Bigelow's spin run against Ohio State made the cut.
It is in the video but the spin move Braxton Miller had for Ohio State against Virginia Tech is still the most mind-blowing football move I have ever seen on video.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.