How dare Okaydo add this much red to the BI experience?

2,070 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FuzzyWuzzy
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How dare he?

okaydo
Hey, at least I'm not one of those red-loving 49ers fans.
UrsaMajor
Reason for Cal fans to skip the Super Bowl:

this is the 1st Super Bowl in history (53 prior ones) in which both teams' primary color is red.
B.A. Bearacus
Cal's only local NFL team will be wearing significantly less red than the other team at the Super Bowl.

bearister
Andy Reid at 13 in 1971 in Pass Punt Kick Contest:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calumnus
B.A. Bearacus said:

Cal's only local NFL team will be wearing significantly less red than the other team at the Super Bowl.

We are not the "University of Northern California" we are the University of California, ie the entire state. Hence, our "local" NFL teams are: Niners, Rams, Chargers. Two of the three wear Blue and Gold. One of the teams that wears Blue and Gold features a Cal alum QB. The other team that wears Blue and Gold features a Cal alum WR. The team that wears red continues to feature Stanford players.

I'm rooting for the Niners in this one but you cannot escape the fact that GM John Lynch (Stanford) has the following:
Joey Alfieri Stanford
Richard Sherman Stanford
Solomon Thomas Stanford
Levine Toilolo Stanford
And zero players from Cal

Meanwhile the Chiefs have:
Mitchell Schwartz Cal
And zero players from Stanford

So while I am rooting for the Niners, Schwartz getting a ring would be a nice consolation.
B.A. Bearacus

Quote:

After his college playing days ended at BYU, Reid stayed on to be an graduate assistant on head coach LaVell Edwards' staff. He then got his chance to join Rowen's staff in 1983 as the Gators offensive coordinator. He spent a couple seasons at SF State, masterminding the nation's leading small college offense in passing yards and total offense. [Source]
B.A. Bearacus
UrsaMajor said:

Reason for Cal fans to skip the Super Bowl:

this is the 1st Super Bowl in history (53 prior ones) in which both teams' primary color is red.
Ursa, there's no way you will miss this Super Bowl. This is a great matchup and doesn't involve the Patriots.
82gradDLSdad
B.A. Bearacus said:

Quote:

After his college playing days ended at BYU, Reid stayed on to be an graduate assistant on head coach LaVell Edwards' staff. He then got his chance to join Rowen's staff in 1983 as the Gators offensive coordinator. He spent a couple seasons at SF State, masterminding the nation's leading small college offense in passing yards and total offense. [Source]

Wow, a lot of famous coaches were connected to Vic Rowen. I didn't know about Andy Reid.
UrsaMajor
Never said I'd miss it, just offering an observation.
okaydo
All 49ers fans should have an "R" in their avatar so that they could be easily identintified and respected.
calumnus
B.A. Bearacus said:

Quote:

According to his Wiki page he was the OL coach at SF State, not the OC.
B.A. Bearacus
01Bear
calumnus said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

We are not the "University of Northern California" we are the University of California, ie the entire state. Hence, our "local" NFL teams are: Niners, Rams, Chargers. Two of the three wear Blue and Gold. One of the teams that wears Blue and Gold features a Cal alum QB. The other team that wears Blue and Gold features a Cal alum WR. The team that wears red continues to feature Stanford players.

I'm rooting for the Niners in this one but you cannot escape the fact that GM John Lynch (Stanford) has the following:
Joey Alfieri Stanford
Richard Sherman Stanford
Solomon Thomas Stanford
Levine Toilolo Stanford
And zero players from Cal

Meanwhile the Chiefs have:
Mitchell Schwartz Cal
And zero players from Stanford

So while I am rooting for the Niners, Schwartz getting a ring would be a nice consolation.

Having grown up inSoCal, I've never been a fan of the Furdy-whiners. Go bears! Go Rams and Raiders!
B.A. Bearacus
calumnus said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

We are not the "University of Northern California" we are the University of California, ie the entire state.

I respect this take, but I do believe there are some reasons why a team that is nearby helps develop a stronger connection. Civic pride is one. Another is that when I was at Cal and in the ensuing years in the Bay Area, I didn't have cable, which means I definitely didn't have NFL package or similar. Actually watching games logs miles in the memory and Niners were always on KPIX, channel 5. Of course the Raiders also came in through the bunny ears, but the Las Vegas Raiders with their ownership have been dead to me for a while now.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

calumnus said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

We are not the "University of Northern California" we are the University of California, ie the entire state.

I respect this take, but I do believe there are some reasons why a team that is nearby helps develop a stronger connection. Civic pride is one. Another is that when I was at Cal and in the ensuing years in the Bay Area, I didn't have cable, which means I definitely didn't have NFL package or similar. Actually watching games logs miles in the memory and Niners were always on KPIX, channel 5. Of course the Raiders also came in through the bunny ears, but the Las Vegas Raiders with their ownership have been dead to me for a while now.

Do you have an unhealthy addiction to the color red and the numbers 4 and 9? Do you love guys like Jed with last names like York?

Welp, I've go a solution for you.

For 3 payments of $49.99, you can have the Aaron Rodgers 49ers Juice Cleanse.

If you consume this drink for 30 straight days, your fandom of the 49ers will go away, and you can live a normal red-free life. You don't have to be ashamed anymore. You can follow a team with good colors and good people for a change.
FuzzyWuzzy
B.A. Bearacus said:

Quote:

Hahaha nice billboard...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.