Why Cal will happily take $1.9 million to play at Notre Dame in 2022

13,812 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wifeisafurd
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gobears49 said:

wifeisafurd said:

Gobears49 said:

wifeisafurd said:

Let's just stop whining, go to Notre Dame to appreciate the sense of tradition and history, beat them down on the field, enjoy Chicago and just deal with the usual crappy weather. Everyone that can do it, does do it.

Maybe when Furd drops football rather than allow players to be paid for their image, Cal can replace their home and home series.
Haven't read most of the comments, but how realistic is it that ND changes their home and home with both (I think) USC and Stanford (the latter I am not sure about)? So how do we get on Notre Dame's schedule?
We take Furd's place when they drop D1 football in connection with refusing to allow athletes to be paid for the image or otherwise (Muir in fact threatened to do this in Congressional testimony). They have publicly said they will do this including in an article in their alum magazine. The appear to have dug in their heals about no compensation for athletes (I guess stipends can be justified on other grounds).
Stanford will never drop D1 football for anything.

You might be surprised.

wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gobears49 said:

Stanford will never drop D1 football for anything.
They have taken a very public stance otherwise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.