Happy Fourth, boyos!

1,828 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Big C
Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"Viva la viralitos!"
Bobodeluxe
What's whippet?
Blueblood
Bobodeluxe said:

What's whippet?
I didn't know what the term meant until my first medical school party (while at UCSF)!

At one time nitrous oxide (laughing gas) was put in spray cans which were used to make whipping cream. It is known to those in the know that taking a whippet can make one high (in a very dangerous process). Medical student and staff parties now barrow from the dental schools the nitrous oxide which is sniffed directly as if one is a patient, then one will laugh their ass off! There are other fun things to try at these parties but I'm sworn not to reveal them. I was only able to display a s#!% eating grin whether I wanted to or not.

rkt88edmo
Bobodeluxe said:

What's whippet?
A whippet is "a dog of a small, slender breed originally produced as a cross between the greyhound and the terrier or spaniel, bred for racing."

Whip-It!s (also commonly referred to as "whippets") are a brand name for home use canisters of N20 for making whipped cream
https://www.amazon.com/Whip-it-Cream-Chargers-24-Pack/dp/B002DRX9OW
or for recreationally inhaling. They can be purchased in any number of stores that sell cooking supplies. They look like CO2 cartridges but are smaller in size and are often colored.
Bobodeluxe
I worked at the Albany Safeway in the late sixties. We constantly had returns of faulty whipped cream cans.

The plot thickens!
Chapman_is_Gone
Blueblood said:

Bobodeluxe said:

What's whippet?
I didn't know what the term meant until my first medical school party (while at UCSF)!

At one time nitrous oxide (laughing gas) was put in spray cans which were used to make whipping cream. It is known to those in the know that taking a whippet can make one high (in a very dangerous process). Medical student and staff parties now barrow from the dental schools the nitrous oxide which is sniffed directly as if one is a patient, then one will laugh their ass off! There are other fun things to try at these parties but I'm sworn not to reveal them. I was only able to display a s#!% eating grin whether I wanted to or not.

What were you doing at a medical school party? Were you tending bar?
Blueblood
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Blueblood said:

Bobodeluxe said:

What's whippet?

What were you doing at a medical school party? Were you tending bar?
No, I was a door man keeping trash like you from party crashing!
GivemTheAxe
rkt88edmo said:

Bobodeluxe said:

What's whippet?
A whippet is "a dog of a small, slender breed originally produced as a cross between the greyhound and the terrier or spaniel, bred for racing."

Whip-It!s (also commonly referred to as "whippets") are a brand name for home use canisters of N20 for making whipped cream
https://www.amazon.com/Whip-it-Cream-Chargers-24-Pack/dp/B002DRX9OW
or for recreationally inhaling. They can be purchased in any number of stores that sell cooking supplies. They look like CO2 cartridges but are smaller in size and are often colored.

Maybe that is what Devo was singing about on their hit single. Whip-it
Or maybe not.
BGolden
MugsVanSant
Re: "Insane Fireworks" When a lot of people want something you cannot ban it. It has been tried with alcohol, marijuana, prostitution, firearms, and fireworks. It never works. The best that can be done is regulate things so that there is an acceptable and safe outlet. What you saw in the video is what happens with no regulation and no outlet because those who want to ban fireworks refuse to compromise in any way.
Blueblood
MugsVanSant said:

Re: "Insane Fireworks" When a lot of people want something you cannot ban it. It has been tried with alcohol, marijuana, prostitution, firearms, and fireworks. It never works. The best that can be done is regulate things so that there is an acceptable and safe outlet. What you saw in the video is what happens with no regulation and no outlet because those who want to ban fireworks refuse to compromise in any way.
What the L.A. display showed me was that there is one hell of a black market in fairly sophisticated fireworks for the everyday citizen. Can you imagine what its like for illegal drugs, firearms, etc.
BGolden
Blueblood said:

MugsVanSant said:

What the L.A. display showed me was that there is one hell of a black market in fairly sophisticated fireworks for the everyday citizen. Can you imagine what its like for illegal drugs, firearms, etc.
It was like that in the city I was in (away from LA) , in every neighborhood, from sundown to midnight. Never seen anything like it.
Big C
MugsVanSant said:

Good point! I think that was what local cops and city officials around the country were trying to do vis-a-vis the protests (both "Liberate" and "BLM"). Then they get dinged for it when they're also trying to get people to not spread COVID.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.