Oct. 23 Return Date for the Big 10

3,247 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oskidunker
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
North Carolina game against Charlotte canceled due to COVID-19 quarantines

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2020/09/17/north-carolina-game-against-charlotte-cancelled-covid-quarantines/3479424001/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Golden One
Chabbear said:

Of course only the revenue sport is being played, the non revenue sports (m/w soccer,women's volleyball, field hockey, mens water polo) are not. Not only are they not being played, no one is pushing for them to play.
This is good. Hopefully, one positive result of this pandemic is that many of these third tier sports, which almost nobody is interest in, will be dropped by the schools involved. They serve no purpose other than draining school budgets.
Bearly Clad
I also saw that Virginia-Va Tech is moved to Dec. 12th. That's notable because the ACC announced their two possible dates for the ACC Title Game were Dec. 12th & 19th. That means they're already running out of makeup dates. It's probable that not all teams in the ACC will play a balanced schedule so (human element aside) from a football and competitive balance perspective their choice to start the season on-time is looking a little sketchy.

Funnily enough, after the bat**** crazy way they got there, the B1G has a solid schedule and their idea of a division showdown (1v1, 2v2, etc. of the B10 east and west play each other) instead of a single championship game is a great idea that we should definitely copy.

I know we give them a lot of flak, but the SEC might have had the right idea, they get the best of both worlds. They start on the 26th which will be about a month after the first CFB games, no one gave them **** for being late to the party, and they had time to watch let the NFL and other CFB leagues guinea pig for them. The only part I question about their strategy is it seems a little like Orgeron might have let the LSU team infect each other because now they don't have to be tested for 3 months after having been CV19 positive. That would be insane, but not even close to the craziest thing any coach has ever done to get a competitive edge

If we can get at least 8 games in with no issues or delays then I'd say this is a successful Pac season --if it wasn't for all the lumps we had to take along the way in the national sports media. I can't believe the dream for a Halloween start is getting more and more real. I used to think Thanksgiving was the best we could hope for
oskidunker
Wilner speculates Pac 12 will play on Oct 31.mwe should play Oregon State. The Great Pumpkin.
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.