Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 4

1,361 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chalcidbear
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I fell back to earth with the impact of a meteor with an attitude, going a sad 1-3-2, dropping the glimmer of a promising season to 6-7-5. Here's the link to last week: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/98979 And for this week, as usual, odds are for the home team, my picks in italics.

Furd @ Cal +1.5: Rally Committee needs to throw caution to the winds, sneak over to Furd and steal all their cardboard cutouts, then use those in the bonfire. If they get carried away, kidnap the Furd band and throw them in the bonfire, all the better. For no reason except something has to go right for us, Cal covers.

Rubber Duckies @ River Rats +14: Hoping to be wrong and the rodents slap the beaks off the quackers. Unfortunately, doubt that'll happen. *****gon covers.

Mormon Marauders @ Spawn of Satan -6.5: My feeling is Missionaries are treating this season as spring football. Devil's Rejects coming off 14 day quarantine with a bunch of guys, (and coach), held out. Expect a very sloppy game with evil ones covering against those polite young men in white shirts.

Mildcats @ bRuins -9.5: Too much DTR, not enough catnip for kittens. Sticking a finger down my throat and taking Fucla to cover.

Colorado @ U$C -13.5: Toejams will probably win but not before Ralphie treats Tommy Trojan like a clueless Yellowstone tourist. Buffs beat the spread.

The Plague continues its impressive streak of shutouts, this time against The Mutts and Wazzoo.
wifeisafurd
The plague and odds are both beating me this curse of a year. 1-3-2. Not including plague wins, 3-9. Go to Vegas and bet opposite me.

Furd. It is 2020. Everything sucks.
ASU. Utah has young talent, ASU has recovering talent. Going with the more experienced Devils. Utah will be very good next year.
UCLA Bruins are playing well. Cats are not.
Buffs. No respect for what is a surprisingly decent team. Buffs win this one that expect Radio to be Pac Coach of the Year, and deservedly so. Would be a great comeback story. In any event I will take all of those 13.5 points.

Gonna be very interesting to see what the conference does with game 7. Plague vs plague?

heartofthebear
Cal
Oregon
ASU
UCLA
USC
chalcidbear
Last week I stopped the bleeding by going 2-2, so I'm at 5-8 for the season.

Basically, I agree with Heartofthebear: Cal (for pride reasons + we're getting better + home game), Oregon (they may not be as strong as in previous seasons, but still very good, while OSU is, at best, a mediocre team), ASU (Utah is having the same problems we did in getting up to speed), UCLA (IMO they are a much better team than most on this board give them credit for, while UA is less than mediocre), and USC (yeah they've had some misfires in the early season, but they are getting some momentum, while I'm not sold on the Buffs).
wifeisafurd
In the interest of full disclosure, SC will be down some players due to COVID.
chalcidbear
Last minute changes: USC/Colorado game cancelled.

Utah will play at Washington: if I read the odds correctly, Huskies are -7. Based on the lack of experience the Utes have this season, and the game happening in Husky Stadium, I like Washington to win and cover.
UrsusTexicanus
chalcidbear said:

Last minute changes: USC/Colorado game cancelled.

Utah will play at Washington: if I read the odds correctly, Huskies are -7. Based on the lack of experience the Utes have this season, and the game happening in Husky Stadium, I like Washington to win and cover.
Good catch. Also San Diego State is playing Colorado. So, amending my picks to:

Mormon Marauders @ Mutts -7: Missionaries fall victim to a bunch a whining, flea-bitten butt sniffers. Hounds cover.

San Diego State @ Colorado -3: Ralphie works off her Thanksgiving dinner by rumbling over a bunch of Aztecs. Colorado covers.
wifeisafurd
Last second amendments: Udub and give 7 points and Buffs and give the 3. Cheers for the SDSU folks willing to travel to play at the last moment.
chalcidbear
I missed the San Diego State/Colorado announcement. I'm with UT on this: Buffs use home field advantage to win and cover.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.