Utah Game Thread

5,341 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bear8995
sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anticevich on fire!
NYCGOBEARS
Put the game on 19 minutes ago. Good timing. Anticevich is going off!
NathanAllen
Staff
Cal up 60-50 with 6:31 to go. All Bears in this half. I have no idea what happened in that locker room at halftime, but they should do that more often. Utah looking all sorts of desperate and discombobulated.
Bear8995
Up 10 wtih 6:38 left.

Grant is on fire. They are missing shots, even wide open ones and close ones. Complete switch from the first half.

We are outshooting them now. Need to hit our free throws down the stretch.

We are +6 on the TOs and have taken 2 more shots and 4 more free throws even though we are getting outrebounded.

Just need to take care of the ball down the stretch, hit our free throws and hit some open shots.
NathanAllen
Staff
Bears have scored 38 points so far in the second half shooting 62% from the field including 56% from three.
bearister
Simple Radio app works pretty good. Utes 15 turnovers.
We have a shot at getting 5 Bears in double figures.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sonofabear51
Firing on all cylinders!
Bear8995
Betley's slow foot speed being taken advantage of this half.

Really just need to stop Allen.

Foreman nails a long 3.
NYCGOBEARS
I believe that with normal practice time, we would've seen a much better team.
Bear8995
Apparently if you breath on Allen, it is a foul.

Team runs much better with Brown in there instead of Hyder. But we may have to play it this way because of Joe's free throw shooting. I'd play him now and take him out in the last minute. Ball sticks with Hyder and he dribbles too much.
Bear8995
NYCGOBEARS said:

Well, that and having Bradley playing. He makes a big difference.
bearister
I would love to know the last league game where all Cal players scored.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
Bear8995 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Well, that and having Bradley playing. He makes a big difference.

Duh.
Bear8995
2 horrible possessions in a row for us. Run some offense, please.
sonofabear51
Brown!
NYCGOBEARS
Joel Brown is growing on me.
Bear8995
Joel Brown draws a charge. Beautiful.
NYCGOBEARS
Go Bears!
Bear8995
Up 8 with 54 seconds left. Brown out. Hyder in.

Foreman was dribbling and they stole it but luckily they missed the 3.
sonofabear51
It's over! Great job Bears!!
Go!Bears
Great win
Bear8995
Utah let us run out the clock with 50 seconds left. Shocked they let us do that.

Great win for the Bears!!
NYCGOBEARS
Bear8995 said:

Utah let us run out the clock with 50 seconds left. Shocked they let us do that.

Great win for the Bears!!

3 possession game. It was over.
Bear8995
Well yeah, but Brown missed 2 free throws when they fouled him. I would have at least tried. I was mistaken. Fox left him in.
Bear8995
Game balls to Grant and Brown.
NYCGOBEARS
My wife, "I can't believe that. You're happy after a Cal game. They were actually good".
Bisonbob
Agree, a nice comeback and W, but boy the last 3 min was hard to watch. BTW how can a starting point guard at any level especially D1 shoot 40% from the line?
FloriDreaming
Quite a comeback and finish! I feel like this team has some potential and we're starting to see flashes of it more and more.
sonofabear51
Agreed. Even at my advanced age, I think I could make 1 of them, Mechanics, maybe?
HoopDreams
couldn't watch the game, so spent most of the game on comcast support, but apparently epsn u not in my line up even though it's listed in my account.

frustrating experience to follow a game in espn play-by-play game cast

thanks for BI for the commentary!
philbert
HoopDreams said:

couldn't watch the game, so spent most of the game on comcast support, but apparently epsn u not in my line up even though it's listed in my account.

You know you can listen to the game on iHeartradio, right? I've listened on the website (laptop) or the app (phone) Just set it to KGO.
SFCityBear
HoopDreams said:

When I moved to my new pad, I switched to Comcast to bundle it with the internet. I specifically told the Comcast gal that I wanted the PAC12 channel and all the ESPN channels in my package. She assured me I had all of them, but it wasn't true tonight, and I missed this game as well. Like you, I thank all on BI who contributed to this commentary. I sure do miss Dish Network.
SFCityBear
philbert
Could've also watched the game on the website (login with your provider credentials). Here's the replay link:

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/8b82227a-04ef-41cc-a5ac-bf1bce0bdd06

PS-at least you guys get Pac12 network. This was one of the few games I've been able to watch on TV.
SFCityBear
philbert said:

Could've also watched the game on the website (login with your provider credentials). Here's the replay link:

PS-at least you guys get Pac12 network. This was one of the few games I've been able to watch on TV.
Thanks for the info. Years ago, I got so fed up watching streamed games with all the breaks in the video and audio, sometimes while a shot was in the air, that I haven't watched a game online since then. Is the quality of streamed games better now? I do like listening on the radio. We have a good crew, and it is almost as good as TV, and sometimes better, because the announcers stick to calling the game and not telling unrelated personal stories.
SFCityBear
philbert
SFCityBear said:

philbert said:

Thanks for the info. Years ago, I got so fed up watching streamed games with all the breaks in the video and audio, sometimes while a shot was in the air, that I haven't watched a game online since then. Is the quality of streamed games better now? I do like listening on the radio. We have a good crew, and it is almost as good as TV, and sometimes better, because the announcers stick to calling the game and not telling unrelated personal stories.
I haven't had many issues streaming games in a long time, but maybe that's because I don't have Pac12 network access anymore. It's usually more dependent on the quality of your internet connection.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.