Happy Birthday Leon Powe

1,345 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MSaviolives
MSaviolives
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice to see the Celts honoring Leon, who continues his role as the Celt's Ambassador

KoreAmBear
MSaviolives said:

Nice to see the Celts honoring Leon, who continues his role as the Celt's Ambassador

Happy bday Powe the Show!
LudwigsFountain
Nice to see he's in the ambassador role.

Here's my Leon story. (May have posted this before)

Back in his junior year at Berkeley High LF jr (who's 6'7") is matched up with Leon in the Nor Cals. They both dive for a loose ball and junior ends up with a cut on his chin that required a few stitches. A couple of weeks later Mrs LF and I are at the movies in Emeryville and Leon and a few friends come in and sit right in front of us. I tell Mrs LF who he is and she (being a school teacher and very at ease with kids) starts giving a bad time about injuring her son. Leon is all yes ma'am and no ma'am and the realizes she's just kidding with him and breaks into a big grin. Seemed like a really nice kid.

Junior's claim to fame is that he not only scored on Leon but also blocked one of his shots (not only tall, has really long arms).

Thinking about Junior's body type got me thinking. He's all arms and legs (Actually had him tested for Marfans) He's six inches taller than me but his reach is over a foot higher. So why don't teams publish reach instead of height? You don't rebound or block shots with your head. Surely they must have that info.
Big C

I know that's a paid position he has with the Celtics, but I can't help wishing he was OUR ambassador, because that'd be great and we need all the ambassadors we can get!
Chapman_is_Gone
Big C said:

I know that's a paid position he has with the Celtics, but I can't help wishing he was OUR ambassador, because that'd be great and we need all the ambassadors we can get!
Too true.
MSaviolives
Big C said:

He's not a paid ambassador for Cal, but he is a proud Bear. If you look at his short Twitter bio, it says "former University of California star," and his tweet thanking everyone for birthday good wishes says #GoBears.
BC Calfan
He absolutely picked the right franchise to have the a huge game in the finals. He will forever have love from the Celtics for that. And love that the Celtics continue to employ him into player retirement. Doing the right thing considering he tore his acl right before a contract extension was coming. I alternate between Leon and Jorge as my all time favorite bears.
MSaviolives
BC Calfan said:

He absolutely picked the right franchise to have the a huge game in the finals. He will forever have love from the Celtics for that. And love that the Celtics continue to employ him into player retirement. Doing the right thing considering he tore his acl right before a contract extension was coming. I alternate between Leon and Jorge as my all time favorite bears.
Me too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.