Story Poster
Photo by Al Sermeno - KLC Fotos
Cal Basketball

Matt Bradley Named To All-Pac-12 Squad

March 9, 2021

SAN FRANCISCO – California junior guard Matt Bradley was named to the All-Pac-12 Second Team for the second consecutive year, the conference office announced Tuesday morning.

To view the full slate of Pac-12 all-conference honors and performance awards, click here.

Bradley continued to establish himself as one of the conference's best scoring threats in his third collegiate season, averaging 18.4 points per game on 45.5 percent shooting during the regular season, as well as 17.6 PPG against conference opponents. Despite missing seven games due to injury, Bradley tallied the second-most 20-point games (11) among Pac-12 players. He averaged 4.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game.

Bradley climbed Cal's all-time scoring list throughout the season, becoming the 48th member of the program's 1,000-point club in December. He currently ranks 22nd at Cal with 1,260 career points.

Bradley is Cal's first two-time all-conference selection since Ivan Rabb, who earned honors in 2016 (second team) and 2017 (first team). The San Bernardino, Calif., product is one of 15 student-athletes named to the conference's first or second teams, which are voted upon by Pac-12 head coaches. Coaches are not permitted to vote for themselves or their own student-athletes.

Related Stories:

Cal Hoops: Bears Go Winless in Season Finale Against Oregon Schools (Premium)

Cal Duo Returning To Berkeley For 2021-22 Season

Discussion from...

Matt Bradley Named To All-Pac-12 Squad

3,535 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oskidunker
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll take him on the first team.
joe amos yaks

Congratulations G Matt Bradley. Good form!

Sorry dudes. I would have gone with Chris Duarte of Oregon for PoY instead of the $uSC Mobley twin.
Chapman_is_Gone
"Second Team" should be noted in the headline...
Big C
Chapman_is_Gone said:

"Second Team" should be noted in the headline...

Written by Cal Athletics. PR, not journalism.

This is the same Cal Athletics that, maybe 3 decades ago, wrote on our basketball schedule that we were hosting North Carolina. Right below that, in DISTINCTLY smaller font, was written "Asheville".
Big C
KoreAmBear said:

I'll take him on the first team.

The two factors that probably hurt Bradley's First Team chances the most:

- Cal's lack of wins
- Bradley missing 7 games. (just missed the 75%-of-team's-games requirement to be listed in the Conference Individual Stats.)

He's a first-teamer in my book!
oskidunker
Plus his shooting percentage was not great.
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.