Mahaney announces Top 7

13,828 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stu
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams said:

see ya at the game Aiden!

https://instagr.am/p/CTaI4FUpg3_

Maybe we should have taken him to the Sac State game?

The above photo is promising though. Is he pictured with his little brother?
philbert

KoreAmBear
We need to make sure he has seen the Forbes post about Cal being #1.

calumnus
KoreAmBear said:

I think we need to get that to his mom, the Stanford grad.

Where was St. Mary's and WSU on the list?
Big C
calumnus said:

KoreAmBear said:

What if she takes it as taunting and it backfires?
KoreAmBear
Big C said:

calumnus said:

KoreAmBear said:

What if she takes it as taunting and it backfires?
Yah a Furdie would see it as such lol
oskidunker
Mahaney will save us bring joy and contentment back to Haas. Peace and good will to all. Unless its 6/pm and we are in Festival.
helltopay1
I think he will come to Cal. he is, not, however 6/3.
AunBear89
You should sue your teachers for how poorly they taught you punctuation.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
helltopay1
Please cite the error in my post..
calumnus
helltopay1 said:

Yeah, unless his dad is 6'4" and his mom is 5'10. What is your guess, 5'11" or 6'?

I'm not too worried about height in a PG. I would love to have the next Jerome Randle. His handle, quickness, passing, shooting, vision and leadership are what matters.
Big C
helltopay1 said:

When you play Cal Basketball, your actual height need only "approach" your listed height. Look it up. He will fit right in!
AunBear89
helltopay1 said:

Please cite the error in my post..

More than one. Upper case to start a sentence, for one. Too many commas, for another. 6/3 is not how you list feet and inches, for the "didn't pass elementary grammar" trifecta.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
stu
If "6/3" refers to division and the answer is 2 meters I'm all in.
helltopay1
Small h should have been capitalized. Laziness on my part. Other than that, no grammatical errors. Commas are proper. Also, no one should be confused by 6/3. Not even you. Purpose of grammar is clarification. Were you confused by 6/3????Maybe you added the two numbers and came up with nine??That would explain your confusion. Also, no one should be confused by your attempt at proper English grammar. Your animus is so transparent you wouldn't have fooled Joe Biden who clearly has reached stage three dementia. Go back and read your critique..Your commas are inappropriate.
helltopay1
specifically, here are your four grammatical errors.

1) Your comma after commas is inappropriate.
2) Your comma after inches is inappropriate.
3) Your first sentence does not contain a subject or a verb.
4) Your second sentence contains neither a subject nor a verb.

'Elementary second grade grammar as taught at NDV grammar school in San Francisco.
You are out of your league .
helltopay1
He is probably six foot three inches ( anyone confused?) if you count his elevator shoes and haircut.
This exaggeration of height is ridiculous. No one is fooled. It only makes you look foolish.
helltopay1
You can always tell the rough age of a writer by how many
or how few commas are used. As a general rule, the more commas, the younger the writer.

The reason is simple..Like many other subjects, grammar is no longer taught at the elementary level.
Chapman_is_Gone
Sir, this is a Wendy's.
calumnus
helltopay1 said:

or how few commas are used. As a general rule, the more commas, the younger the writer.

The reason is simple..Like many other subjects, grammar is no longer taught at the elementary level.

Wait, so, you, are saying, you, are young? (Read in William Shatner voice).

And here I thought you were older than Biden.
MilleniaBear
The heights you list for his parents are pretty close I think.
Big C

Every, time, I, go, onto, BI, and, see, there's, some, new, activity, on, this, thread, I, think, maybe, there, will, be, some, substantive, news, about, Mahaney's, decision,,,,,, Hopefully, that, he's, decided, to, commit, to, Cal,,,,,,,

I, will, check, again, tonight, after, my 39th, birthday, party! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
philbert
Big C said:

Every, time, I, go, onto, BI, and, see, there's, some, new, activity, on, this, thread, I, think, maybe, there, will, be, some, substantive, news, about, Mahaney's, decision,,,,,, Hopefully, that, he's, decided, to, commit, to, Cal,,,,,,,

I, will, check, again, tonight, after, my 39th, birthday, party! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
39 is the new 29....when you use lots of commas
BeachedBear
calumnus said:

helltopay1 said:

No just more comma-tose than Biden

(where the hell is that rimshot emoji!?!?)
helltopay1
I am a young 84. Biden is a demented, weak 78.
helltopay1
Big C..You are 39????That's what Jack Benny said...Every single year for 67 years..
helltopay1
In conclusion, let me say this: If Mahaney is almost as good as Matheny, I'm down with the young lad.
Big C
helltopay1 said:

Big C..You are 39????That's what Jack Benny said...Every single year for 67 years..

I just thought if I used enough commas, I could "pass".
SFCityBear
BeachedBear said:

calumnus said:

helltopay1 said:

No just more comma-tose than Biden

(where the hell is that rimshot emoji!?!?)
Cute. However, you need a comma after the word "No".
SFCityBear
SFCityBear
helltopay1 said:

In conclusion, let me say this: If Mahaney is almost as good as Matheny, I'm down with the young lad.
Boy, you got that right. Bob Matheny was a 1st team All Conference guard for Cal in '53 and a 3rd team All American in '54. I saw a lot of his games as a 10 or 11 year old. He was my favorite Cal guard until Buch and Fitzpatrick came along. I tried to pattern my game after him, but I failed. He could do it all, pass, shoot, play D and rebound.

I have a question for you. He played as a sophomore in 1950, but then missed the next two years, before returning to play his junior and senior seasons. Why was that?
SFCityBear
helltopay1
Matheny developed tuberculosis. He was also in the service. As a result, at one point playing for Cal, I believe he was 26 years old.
HoopDreams
We used to have the monster thread

Now all we have is the , thread
philbert
This just popped up in my feed and seemed relevant.

dimitrig
philbert said:

This just popped up in my feed and seemed relevant.

However, spelling does not matter:

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe."

3Cats4CAL
How soon do you think we'll get confirmation ? Also when all these recruits come and pay an official visit to Cal and posts photos of them wearing a Cal jersey and then choose to go elsewhere- do you think they keep the Cal jerseys or dispose of them or are they justed rented out for the photoshoot ?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.