Few Blew: The End Is Coming

5 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by calumnus
CALiforniALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ESPN is reporting that Mark Few was pulled over for a DUI. He could be as untouchable as they come but this suggests Gonzaga's run might have reached its apex. Who will step in to the void?
Bear8995
I doubt anything happens. Catholic university. They will sweep it under the rug. I'll stop there.
Big C

Are you suggesting he should lose his job over a DUI? Unless he hurt someone, or did a hit-and-run, I would guess not.
CALiforniALUM
I'm suggesting that he in his position should know better and if there are no repercussions he will slide further into a way of being that will be his undoing. It's a story that has been told a million times before.
calumnus
CALiforniALUM said:

I'm suggesting that he in his position should know better and if there are no repercussions he will slide further into a way of being that will be his undoing. It's a story that has been told a million times before.

Who are you thinking of?
helltopay1
bear 89...'catholic university?" Knock it off. Slanderous remark.
helltopay1
Remember vRalph Barbieri????He had four (4) DUI'S and was still employed at KNBR.
KoreAmBear
Big C said:

Are you suggesting he should lose his job over a DUI? Unless he hurt someone, or did a hit-and-run, I would guess not.
Hell, Boeheim did kill someone (not a DUI apparently it is super dark in upstate NY) -- he coached later that season I believe.
stu
From Wikipedia:

Around 11:22 p.m. on February 20, 2019, Boeheim was driving his car on Interstate 690 in Syracuse when he struck and killed a 51-year-old man who was standing near the side of the road. The accident was reportedly a result of a disabled car being in the middle of the road in bad weather. When Boeheim maneuvered around the other car, he struck the man, who had been a passenger in the disabled car. Field, speed, and sobriety tests were administered by police. It was additionally found that the disabled vehicle did not have lights on and had non-operational rear marker lights, and that the passengers of the disabled car, including the man who was struck and killed, were wearing dark clothing. Boeheim was cleared of any wrongdoing in the incident.

If this is true it sounds like an accident. IMHO no DUI is accidental.

WalterSobchak
Yeah, knock it off. Your post didn't even use any ethnic slurs. heel has standards for his slander!
oski003
helltopay1 said:

bear 89...'catholic university?" Knock it off. Slanderous remark.
wait, I thought driving while sober was the greater offense at catholic universities. oh well...
bearister
Bear8995 said:

I doubt anything happens. Catholic university. They will sweep it under the rug. I'll stop there.

Kevin Foster played hoop for Santa Clara, and finished his collegiate career as Santa Clara's all-time leading scorer with 2,423 points, which is also the most in San Francisco Bay Area Division I history and second most in West Coast Conference history.

His junior year he got popped for a DUI at the beginning of the season. Pursuant to the university's Code of Conduct, he was suspended for the rest of the season. Most of those games were lost.

I can assure you that few, if any, public universities or non Catholic private universities would have imposed that terminating sanction on the league's leading scorer. I apologize for this story getting in the way of your narrative.

Santa Clara's Foster suspended for year

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/santa-claras-foster-suspended-for-year

Kevin Foster (basketball) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Foster_(basketball)

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
prospeCt
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/sep/22/generation-x-heavy-drinkers-will-anything-persuade-us-to-stop

bearister
prospeCt said:

When Dan Pastorini was at Santa Clara, he threw a baseball over Swig Hall, a 10 story dorm.

...and he once threw a football 85 yards. Don't even get me going on my Bill Brasky stories..

He would have been a HOF NFL QB had he had 2 seconds of protection from the Oiler OL instead of .5 seconds. They invented the flak vest because of him. Once he got Earl Campbell, he got more time but he was half wrecked by then. By the time he got traded to the Raiders, he was a broken down old man. He got booed by Raider fans after his leg was broken and he was carted from the field and replaced by Plunkett, who promptly threw multiple interceptions. As you will recall, Plunkett sucked at the Patriots and the Niners...but once he had a good OL, he won two SBs.

Pastorini was a soldier that never complained and took a beating game after game, year after year. Tom Brady would have cried and begged for a trade and would have quit if he didn't get one.

Dan Pastorini's 1st wife, June Wilkinson (top that, Bill Brasky!):

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
MSaviolives
bearister said:

prospeCt said:

When Dan Pastorini was at Santa Clara, he threw a baseball over Swig Hall, a 10 story dorm.

...and he once threw a football 85 yards. Don't even get me going on my Bill Brasky stories..

He would have been a HOF NFL QB had he had 2 seconds of protection from the Oiler OL instead of .5 seconds. They invented the flak vest because of him. Once he got Earl Campbell, he got more time but he was half wrecked by then. By the time he got traded to the Raiders, he was a broken down old man. He got booed by Raider fans after his leg was broken and he was carted from the field and replaced by Plunkett, who promptly threw multiple interceptions. As you will recall, Plunkett sucked at the Patriots and the Niners...but once he had a good OL, he won two SBs.

Pastorini was a soldier that never complained and took a beating game after game, year after year. Tom Brady would have cried and begged for a trade and would have quit if he didn't get one.

Dan Pastorini's 1st wife, June Wilkinson (top that, Bill Brasky!):

Yeah Kenny Stabler learned how it went with that Oiler OL. I was at that weird Raider-Oiler playoff game with Stabler and Caspar playing for the Oilers. Stabler was sacked multiple times--not a good day for him.
dimitrig
bearister said:

prospeCt said:

Bear8995
Few suspended for one game against Dixie State. Exactly what I thought would happen. What do you say, Bearister? Few avoids jail time
calumnus
CALiforniALUM said:

One game suspension. We will see if your prediction plays out. My bet is no.
CALiforniALUM
calumnus said:

CALiforniALUM said:

I guarantee he isn't done drinking. Where there is smoke there is a stiff bourbon on the rocks. You ain't right yet brotha bear.
calumnus
CALiforniALUM said:

calumnus said:

CALiforniALUM said:

I guarantee he isn't done drinking. Where there is smoke there is a stiff bourbon on the rocks. You ain't right yet brotha bear.

Understood, that is why I said "we will see if your prediction plays out."

What kind of time frame are we looking at?

FWIW, Eric Musselman's DUI was in 2006, he made the Elite 8 last year and is 7-0 this year, so maybe 20 years?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.