In other games ...

1,418 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by calumnus
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watched last 3 minutes of ASU/Stanford game

Hurley was furious with the refs (what else is new?)

Since I only watched a few minutes I don't know what he was complaining about, but there were two very questionable calls favoring Stanford in those last 3 minutes, with one of them super ticky taky

but ASU tied the game with 7 seconds left... stanford got the ball up court and a player on the baseline shot a 3 at the buzzer which missed, but the ASU player fouled him and stanford won at the FT line with 1.1 seconds left

perhaps Hurley was right that the refs cost them the game, but that was a terrible foul by the ASU player who fouled him badly after the shot was released

But the reason I posted this was Hurley really came after the refs after the game, and so did two of his players ... some coaches/staff had to put themselves between Hurley and the ASU players and the refs to protect them

not a good look for Hurley and his team
LateHit
I think the free throw disparity was 30ish to 10 ish.
HoopDreams
Guess I wasn't the only one who noticed Hurley and his two players at the end of the game...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33135958/bobby-hurley-two-arizona-state-sun-devils-men-basketball-players-disciplined-pac-12-conduct-officials

Big C

Hurley seems to be unraveling. I think, prior to this season, what kept him relaxed was a little Remy Martin.
calumnus
Big C said:

Hurley seems to be unraveling. I think, prior to this season, what kept him relaxed was some Remi Martin.

He wont be back. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't last the season.
HoopDreams
Watching some of Oregon v Colorado game

Ducks were up big early 13-0

Now with 12 minutes left, tied at 57

Both teams playing fast

Ducks play terrible defense relying on their size athleticism, but otherwise our undisciplined. Colorado getting lots of shots without a duck in sight

I think Cal has a shot to beat them at home
HoopDreams
Colorado beats Oregon

UCLA out playing AZ which surprises me. Guess my opinion was based on how we played against both

UCLA looks like a vet team compared to AZ

Big C

Arizona players are burnt. Their coach was so incensed that they gave up 71 to us, he had them out running their azzes off at 6 AM yesterday morning. This wake up call may help them, in the long run.
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

Both teams playing fast

Ducks play terrible defense relying on their size athleticism, but otherwise our undisciplined. Colorado getting lots of shots without a duck in sight

The league is looking like:
1. Arizona

2. UCLA
3. USC

4. Oregon

5T WSU
5T Colorado
5T Stanford

8 UW

9T Cal
9T Utah
9T ASU

12 OSU

The only games we don't really have much chance in at home are against the top 3. The only teams we really have much chance in beating on the road are the bottom three.

Big C
calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Both teams playing fast

1. Arizona

2. UCLA
3. USC

4. Oregon

5T WSU
5T Colorado
5T Stanford

8 UW

9T Cal
9T Utah
9T ASU

12 OSU

The only games we don't really have much chance in at home are against the top 3. The only teams we really have much chance in beating on the road are the bottom three.

I can't help but dreaming: Imagine if things really fell into place and we were able to finish in sole possession of 9th place!
calumnus
Big C said:

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Both teams playing fast

1. Arizona

2. UCLA
3. USC

4. Oregon

5T WSU
5T Colorado
5T Stanford

8 UW

9T Cal
9T Utah
9T ASU

12 OSU

I can't help but dreaming: Imagine if things really fell into place and we were able to finish in sole possession of 9th place!

Enjoy it while you can because next year is a rebuilding year, though Fox's fans will be happy he will finally have a team entirely made up of "his guys."
Big C
calumnus said:

Big C said:

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Both teams playing fast

1. Arizona

2. UCLA
3. USC

4. Oregon

5T WSU
5T Colorado
5T Stanford

8 UW

9T Cal
9T Utah
9T ASU

12 OSU

Enjoy it while you can because next year is a rebuilding year, though Fox's fans will be happy he will finally have a team entirely made up of "his guys."

Cool. That will mirror the perennial rebuilding year that we will be having on the gridiron, as well. Love the consistency! Hey, maybe Fox can maneuver himself into getting an alleged offer from one of our rivals, turn it down and thereby increase his popularity here and leverage that into an extension!
stu
Maybe he can get hired as Commissioner of Officials then exact his revenge.
calumnus
Big C said:

calumnus said:

Big C said:

calumnus said:

HoopDreams said:

Both teams playing fast

1. Arizona

2. UCLA
3. USC

4. Oregon

5T WSU
5T Colorado
5T Stanford

8 UW

9T Cal
9T Utah
9T ASU

12 OSU

Cool. That will mirror the perennial rebuilding year that we will be having on the gridiron, as well. Love the consistency! Hey, maybe Fox can maneuver himself into getting an alleged offer from one of our rivals, turn it down and thereby increase his popularity here and leverage that into an extension!

Maybe one of his alma maters, Gardner City College or Eastern New Mexico, will have him in for an interview?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.