Cal Basketball Conference Championship

1,108 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HoopDreams
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RJABear
HoopDreams said:

Thanks for posting that. We were at that game and I watched the last five minutes through my fingers, with my hands over my face, praying that the Bears would not mess it up. Just sat back in our seats after the game and watched the confetti raining down, .... and soaked it all up.

We have been football and basketball season ticket holders for 40 years. I believe that is the only outright championship in either sport in the last fifty-three years.

Won't be same without $C and Ucla, and maybe without AZ or OR or UW etc etc
4thGenCal
RJABear said:

HoopDreams said:

Thanks for posting that. We were at that game and I watched the last five minutes through my fingers, with my hands over my face, praying that the Bears would not mess it up. Just sat back in our seats after the game and watched the confetti raining down, .... and soaked it all up.

We have been football and basketball season ticket holders for 40 years. I believe that is the only outright championship in either sport in the last fifty-three years.

Won't be same without $C and Ucla, and maybe without AZ or OR or UW etc etc
Thank you for posting that game/outcome and conf championship clincher - at the game as well and boy do I miss the emotion/student and alumni support of those days and then into early Cuonzo - packed crowds and spirit is so much fun and more so with talented and well executed game plans. At the cross roads for Cal future of top level competition for our major programs. Praying that Carol and Jim can navigate a successful outcome for our Cal sports. For me that means being in a conference with the best teams and thus having great crowds, top flight competition and ensuring we "swim" not sink in our programs performances. I am an optimist and believe that our donor base will respond and financially support our programs -"If" we are successful in our push to be admitted to the B10 or another Major conf. The prospects of Oregon and Washington sticking around are slim to none.
HoopDreams
I didn't remember that ASU was 2nd in the standings. That game was huge for them too.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.