It's time for a change - Cal needs a new Athletic Director

2,086 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by panda
panda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is beyond embarrassing. No one is being helped by Jim Knowlton continuing to be the leader of our athletic department. Beyond the indifference to giving Wilcox (a coach who has a 6-25 record against winning FBS teams) an insane contract extension, beyond the Teri McKeever allegations of mishandling, he has proven he cannot hire nor keep his coaches accountable for results as evident by his refusal to fire Fox yet. And most importantly, his reckless handouts of extensions not only cost Cal $$$ but also craters fan support even more.

Cal sports hit an all-time low tonight and it's past time for a change.

Share your thoughts with Carol Christ - chancellor@berkeley.edu
dimitrig
panda said:

This is beyond embarrassing. No one is being helped by Jim Knowlton continuing to be the leader of our athletic department. Beyond the indifference to giving Wilcox (a coach who has a 6-25 record against winning FBS teams) an insane contract extension, beyond the Teri McKeever allegations of mishandling, he has proven he cannot hire nor keep his coaches accountable for results as evident by his refusal to fire Fox yet. And most importantly, his reckless handouts of extensions not only cost Cal $$$ but also craters fan support even more.

Cal sports hit an all-time low tonight and it's past time for a change.

Share your thoughts with Carol Christ - chancellor@berkeley.edu

Is there anyone other than Christ that pressure can be applied to such as a Board of Trustees, Executive Council or some other entity that Christ must answer to? UC Regents, obviously, but is there any such oversight committee at the campus level?

KoreAmBear
Each passing game will be an all time low. We will be 0-9 before we have a chance to win a game. And beating EWU is no sure thing.
Econ141
At this point we should simply fire him and don't even hire a replacement. Let someone on the current staff take over without any extra pay or simply let the players coach themselves. We can't do any worse. My dead great-great-grandma can coach this team to zero wins.
JB was a Chieftain
Econ141 said:

At this point we should simply fire him and don't even hire a replacement. Let someone on the current staff take over without any extra pay or simply let the players coach themselves. We can't do any worse. My dead great-great-grandma can coach this team to zero wins.

With all due respect you dead great-great-grandma has more life in her than a Fox coached offense
calumnus
Econ141 said:

Fire Fox after USC. Promote Andrew Francis.
BearSD
calumnus said:

Econ141 said:

Why do you want to wait until after the USC game?
bearmanpg
JB was a Chieftain said:

Econ141 said:

With all due respect you dead great-great-grandma has more life in her than a Fox coached offense
This has to be the best post I've seen here in a long time....with all due respect....LOL
calumnus
BearSD said:

calumnus said:

Econ141 said:

Vindictiveness? Because I want Fox to have to play Arizona?

Because I want the team to rally with the interim HC and beat EWU.
panda
Bump.
calumnus
calumnus said:

BearSD said:

calumnus said:

Econ141 said:

Vindictiveness? Because I want Fox to have to play Arizona?

Because I want the team to rally with the interim HC and beat EWU.

I somehow had the schedule wrong. Fire Fox after Arizona.
stu
Another source on the McKeever situation:
https://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/cal-swimming-coach-teri-mckeever-17625224.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight
panda
Bump. Knowlton really going to let this team go 0-28 before he takes action on Fox, huh?

What would you do if we go 0-28 and Knowlton still doesnt fire Fox, citing "injuries" as an excuse for Fox's performance?

Is it bad that I can foresee that scenario happening? Fox is already the worst Cal basketball coach in our history... he's now going for the title of the worst college basketball coach EVER.

At least with Louisville, if they finish winless, it's because they have a new coach. We have a coach who is in his 4th year in... absolutely disgraceful that Jimbo is allowing this to continue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.