Beaver Believers vs Christs Tv Stealing money last place Basketball team

4,885 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Big C
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chapman_is_Gone said:

As a Cal fan, it is too easy to forget that sports can bring great happiness.

As a Cal fan, former lifetime Raider fan, and as someone who would have been a soccer hooligan had I been born a Limey b@$t@rd, I get great happiness out of this:

*When you can turn your opponent's face into a monster with a single punch, you really have to respect that.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C

Joel Brown is giving everything he's got in this hard-to-watch game. And we can still win maybe!
Econ141
I'm so happy to have a chance to be nervous in a game.
sonofabear51
The door is open. There is a chance....
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister
That was an offensive foul followed up by a travel and he still goes to the line.
Big C

I question the refs' strategy to turn this into a long, drawn-out affair. Are they trying to torture us?
DavisBear
What's with the producers or whoever talking in the background of the broadcast?
sonofabear51
Damn
Econ141
Wow - how many times has one of our players stepped out of bounds for no reason this year?
Econ141
2-18 ... Thanks Fox for the great year. As the athletics dept tweeted after the end of the football season, "a season for the books!"
DavisBear
Were we out of timeouts?? If not, why didn't we call one to set up a final play to get a better look
BearGoggles
I tuned in for the end of the game - last 10 game minutes or so.

Two terrible teams. Hard to watch the game unless you're a fan of one of the teams. But then the refs made it unwatchable even for the teams' fans. The bad calls went both ways - but there were so many of them those refs should all be fired.
BearGoggles
DavisBear said:

Were we out of timeouts?? If not, why didn't we call one to set up a final play to get a better look
We were out of timeouts because Fox had to use his final TO to convince the refs to reset the shot clock when there should have been no question about that.
barsad
As my friend just said… how many bad plays can you cram into the last 10 seconds of a game? Many, apparently. This is the whole season…. glimmers of hope, followed by big letdowns and bonehead plays.
DavisBear
RARE glimmers of hope
bearister
Bears never had a chance in any game close in the last 2 minutes with Cuonzo, Wyking or Mark at the helm. Huge disadvantage.
Big C
BearGoggles said:

Two terrible teams. Hard to watch the game unless you're a fan of one of the teams. But then the refs made it unwatchable even for the teams' fans. The bad calls went both ways - but there were so many of them those refs should all be fired.

20/20 hindsight (because I sure didn't do it), but the best strategy for enjoying this game was to tune in to the first 15 minutes or so, then quickly drink one's self into a stupor.
sonofabear51
I think that has happened to many of us Bear fans for the last several years.
OdontoBear66
Unlike my golf game there was no whip cream on sh*t......Adios Fox. You are/were horrible
sonofabear51
And take JK with you
calumnus
Oakbear said:

with this scoring outburst, a win tonight and one in the tournament and we have good reason to have MF back for another year (vomit)

Winning the last three games did not save Wyking from getting fired after year 2, so Fox <should> get fired after yet another and a worse year 4, though there have been other factors at play.
dimitrig

He should be fired when the plane lands in the Bay Area

bearister
Shocky1
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/110786/0
ncbears
Econ141 said:

Wow - how many times has one of our players stepped out of bounds for no reason this year?
I don't know about this year - but long ago (1990?) Cal was about to upset Arizona (I think in Tuscon?) when Roy Fisher was inbounding the ball in the final seconds with the lead and he seemingly tripped over his own feet and landed in bounds and turned the ball over. Arizona won.
Grrrrah76
Do we still have to play in the Pac12 tournament??????
stu
BearGoggles said:

To my eyes there were two two evenly matched teams playing their hearts out. Regardless of how bad they might be I enjoyed watching the game.

Still I understand losing a big lead hurts. And I think you're right about the refs.
drizzlybear
stu said:

BearGoggles said:

To my eyes there were two two evenly matched teams playing their hearts out. Regardless of how bad they might be I enjoyed watching the game.

Still I understand losing a big lead hurts. And I think you're right about the refs.

That was my experience as well. Heartbreaking loss. Wanted it so badly for the players.
SBGold
I remember that, I'll always remember Fisher for that play
BadNewsBear1
SBGold said:

I remember that, I'll always remember Fisher for that play
Not to pile on, but Fisher did the same thing against UConn in the second round of the tourney that year.....he had 10 turnovers by himself and we got blown out.
HoopDreams
Brown almost single-handedly won this game especially after 2K fouled out

Both have made a big jump their senior year

2 seniors who are fighting till the end for their team
HearstMining
HoopDreams said:

Brown showed improved free-throw shooting at the beginning of the season but then seemed to revert to form later on. Maybe just due to exhaustion - mental and physical.
HoopDreams
67% yestrday

He completely rebuilt his shooting form over last couple years and improved his shooting overall

I'd expect him to improve next year again as it becomes completely automatic and natural for him

Takes time and reps

HearstMining said:

HoopDreams said:

Brown showed improved free-throw shooting at the beginning of the season but then seemed to revert to form later on. Maybe just due to exhaustion - mental and physical.
Big C
HoopDreams said:

67% yestrday

He completely rebuilt his shooting form over last couple years and improved his shooting overall

I'd expect him to improve next year again as it becomes completely automatic and natural for him

Takes time and reps

HearstMining said:

HoopDreams said:

I love everything about Joel Brown, the player and the person, except his shooting. Because he has so many great qualities -- gonna be a winner in life -- I'm not sure it's really necessary to not tell it like it is, vis-a-vis his shooting:

52.9% from the line this season; 25% from beyond the arc. (from Pac 12 website, may not include last night's game)

It is what it is. He had a great game last night, played really tough, and is a good Golden Bear. (BTW, he did take our last shot, albeit it a semi-desperation heave.)

While we're talking about shooting, how can Roberson get as far as he has gotten in basketball without fixing his shooting mechanics?
HoopDreams
Brown hit 2-3 threes yesterday with good shooting form, but shooting form is complex and I can't see everything he does (it's only my impression)

But regardless of form to shoot at a high percentage you need your form to be automatic. He could still be thinking through his shot

And then it's about repetitions

Still some players have a natural ability for shooting which most players can't just learn or practice to get there

Add fatigue and the psychological aspect and it's a complicated formula

Big C said:

HoopDreams said:

67% yestrday

Takes time and reps

HearstMining said:

HoopDreams said:

I love everything about Joel Brown, the player and the person, except his shooting. Because he has so many great qualities -- gonna be a winner in life -- I'm not sure it's really necessary to not tell it like it is, vis-a-vis his shooting:

52.9% from the line this season; 25% from beyond the arc. (from Pac 12 website, may not include last night's game)

It is what it is. He had a great game last night, played really tough, and is a good Golden Bear. (BTW, he did take our last shot, albeit it a semi-desperation heave.)

While we're talking about shooting, how can Roberson get as far as he has gotten in basketball without fixing his shooting mechanics?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.