When will our new coach be announced?

2,597 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by calumnus
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last time it took 5 days between firing Jones and hiring Fox but that seemed ill planned at best. Since 2 of our rumored top candidates finished their seasons on March 17 I'm guessing a minimum of 5 days beyond that or Wednesday March 22. I'm not expecting anyone high enough to have a role in hiring to work on a weekend so Monday March 27 is out. Split the difference and Friday March 24 is my best guess.
KoreAmBear
stu said:

Last time it took 5 days between firing Jones and hiring Fox but that seemed ill planned at best. Since 2 of our rumored top candidates finished their seasons on March 17 I'm guessing a minimum of 5 days beyond that or Wednesday March 22. I'm not expecting anyone high enough to have a role in hiring to work on a weekend so Monday March 27 is out. Split the difference and Friday March 24 is my best guess.
Jim Harrick will be announced on Monday, so we preempt anyone else attempting to seek his services.
StillABear1
April 1 seems appropriate.
OdontoBear66
I get the impression JK thinks taking time shows judicious interest in doing best. If Pasternak is the guy this should have been done shortly after he was able to take a breath after the Gaucho loss in the tourney. Now, if AAR is a serious candidate, I will back off a bit, but I think this is nothing more than trying to look very serious about the process by JK. Get it done.

Cooley has sold his home in Rhode Island, suggesting DC. Mike Anderson is suing St. Johns for its firing and him losing some $11M. Other schools are moving. We are cogitating.
BeachedBear
StillABear1 said:

April 1 seems appropriate.
Besides the excellent humor value - I seem to recall that if Fox is still on payroll after April1st, its worth a few million to him. So, HOPEFULLY, JK made sure he was off payroll already. Just to make sure the numbers work better.

But that may be harder than getting cheerleaders to a home football game or making sure parking passes aren't cancelled for tailgaters. So who knows?
Calfan92
If San Jose State loses tonight in the CBI, then tomorrow. Heard a couple weeks ago from someone on the SJS side that there is an offer on the table. Hope this isn't the case.
diva1
Hope this isn't true, would just be typical Cal move though
parentswerebears
Calfan92 said:

If San Jose State loses tonight in the CBI, then tomorrow. Heard a couple weeks ago from someone on the SJS side that there is an offer on the table. Hope this isn't the case.

If that's the case, I'm done. If the university hires Miles, they clearly don't care about Cal basketball, so why should anyone else.
OdontoBear66
Calfan92 said:

No way.
stu
Calfan92 said:

That would be evidence we're looking for the lowest cost, not the best outcome.
bigtuba1
Dominoes are starting to fall. What is Knowlton waiting for?
Cabin14
If that's the case and Miles is the play, they should scrap the program.

Knowlton can not be THAT clueless, can he?
CaliforniaEternal
Knowlton could be going for a spite hire. If he knows he's on his way out, he will try to cause as much damage as possible. Someone should make sure Carol does not sign any paper with the name Timothy Miles on it. That would be a big time spite hire.
Bobodeluxe
When no one else answers the phone calls, you get who you get. Has happened here before.
BigDaddy
Coaching Carousel in full swing...

Iona's Rick Pitino to St. John's
Providence's Ed Cooley to Georgetown
Former Notre Dame coach Mike Brey to USF
Texas' Chris Beard to Ole Miss
Celtics asst. Damon Stoudamire to Georgia Tech
FDU's Tobin Anderson to Iona.

Cal on the clock? Pasternack? Miles? DeCuire?
“My tastes are simple; I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill
sonofabear51
Why do I have this sinking feeling that JK is going to screw this up royally? Hope I am wrong.
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calumnus
CaliforniaEternal said:

Knowlton could be going for a spite hire. If he knows he's on his way out, he will try to cause as much damage as possible. Someone should make sure Carol does not sign any paper with the name Timothy Miles on it. That would be a big time spite hire.

It would raise the specter that Knowlton is the Manchurian candidate, a lifelong Republican, Fox watching, Trump supporting, retired Army officer sent to Berkeley to torture and destroy the libs and take their money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.