Petition to Fire Knowlton

1,882 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by smh
southseasbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://chng.it/yWJdxFCjKJ

I signed and donated.
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
rfmason44
Just donated
RJABear
I have waiting this long and am willing to wait for three more days.

I had high hopes. There appeared to be two candidates, each with large donations pledged for assistant coach salaries and for player NIL money. With a good coach and good players, Cal can have a respectable basketball program. Any coach will need good assistants and talented players. We know one of those donor-favored candidates (Joe P) is out and extended his contract with UCSB. We don't know whether Amir Abdur-Rahim was offered the job.

If the hire is a miracle (i.e. Jason Kidd) then I will understand.

If JK decided to ignore the basketball alumni and major donors and pick his own guy, then I will be unhappy. The coaches being discussed, like Stan Johnson, seem worse than JP and lack donor support. If that was the case, I will sign the petition.

It would be mis-management. I will also seriously be thinking about our 40 year-long support for Cal athletics. We are not big fish. We do give 5-figures every year and have stadium club for FB and blue chairbacks for BB.

bearister
southseasbear said:

I signed and donated.

The investigation will do him in before that petition will….although there is nothing wrong with hedging your bet.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Oakbear
what a waste of time/effort

it is pretty windy out, I think I will go whiz into the wind LOL
bearister
I once signed a petition to end petitions.

There is only one item on my bucket list:
1. Never make a bucket list.
Econ141
bearister said:

southseasbear said:

I signed and donated.

The investigation will do him in before that petition will….although there is nothing wrong with hedging your bet.

Like everything related to cal these days, this investigation is a sham. Nothing will happen except money and time wasted. We need a complete overhaul starting with the anti-Christ.
BearlyCareAnymore
Oakbear said:

Finally somebody who gets it.
bearister
Econ141 said:

bearister said:

southseasbear said:

I signed and donated.

Like everything related to cal these days, this investigation is a sham…...

CAL4LIFE
Knowlton is a symptom, Cal is the disease.
southseasbear
Oakbear said:

30 seconds to sign a petition is a waste of time/effort?

Maybe this attitude explains our situation. School that are more successful (Michigan, Washington, Southern Branch, USC, do not tolerate mediocrity let alone incompetence.
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
PtownBear1
southseasbear said:

Oakbear said:

30 seconds to sign a petition is a waste of time/effort?

Maybe this attitude explains our situation. School that are more successful (Michigan, Washington, Southern Branch, USC, do not tolerate incompetence let alone mediocrity.

Thank you. 100% agree. Get a couple hundred signatures, and the media will pick up on it and things can easily get rolling from there.

Take for instance the couple of kids who attended a basketball game with brown bags on their heads. That little gesture was all over local news.
Oakbear
PtownBear1 said:

Thank you. 100% agree. Get a couple hundred signatures, and the media will pick up on it and things can easily get rolling from there.

no one other than Cal fans cares enough to get this rolling, so a waste of time, even 30 seconds is too much

do you think that a petition will make anyone change their minds on JK .. ? I don't know anyone that supports him here, those that talk to Christ (or whichever person matters) have no doubt made their feelings known so a petition is not going to raise awarenes..

PtownBear1
Oakbear said:

PtownBear1 said:

no one other than Cal fans cares enough to get this rolling, so a waste of time, even 30 seconds is too much

do you think that a petition will make anyone change their minds on JK .. ? I don't know anyone that supports him here, those that talk to Christ (or whichever person matters) have no doubt made their feelings known so a petition is not going to raise awarenes..

It's not about changing minds. It's about putting the administration in an uncomfortable position with the publicity, which could force their hand, or at a minimum put more stress on them.

But if you would prefer to only complain on BI, which obviously no one other than hardcore Cal fans will read, then you do you and save that valuable 30 seconds.
smh
southseasbear said:

I signed and donated.
> 130 have signed. Let's get to 200!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.