New Head Coach Bringing Players and Rebuilding the Roster - NIL $

5,866 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rushinbear
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ihmo the sdsu model works. Everyone get the same amount. Made a non profit by having the stipend require x number of community hours by these celebs to nonprofits that apply. Fund raising ask modest (300k gets each player a 2k a month spipend)

I will send a check to legends this week but it isn't sustainable over time and when market prices are being set by sports obsessed billionaires
oski003
socaltownie said:

Ihmo the sdsu model works. Everyone get the same amount. Made a non profit by having the stipend require x number of community hours by these celebs to nonprofits that apply. Fund raising ask modest (300k gets each player a 2k a month spipend)

I will send a check to legends this week but it isn't sustainable over time and when market prices are being set by sports obsessed billionaires

Matt Bradley is also signed by Glacier Athletes, which is separate from that fund.
socaltownie
Do we know if that is a direct play to play thing or just an nil conduit for true marketing plays
oski003
socaltownie said:

Do we know if that is a direct play to play thing or just an nil conduit for true marketing plays
. No.
Bobodeluxe
They wouldn't do that.
Rushinbear
Econ141 said:

This is a chicken-and-egg fiasco. Why plow money into a program where leadership keeps doing things the wrong way and hasn't (for years) shown any competence?

Even if I like the current individuals on the team, I am paying in to see Cal thrive ... But there is no thriving with second rate coaches and a chancellor that could care less about basketball let alone football. Now is there thriving without quality players ... But in this case, I think you need the right leadership in place before throwing money around. I will wait to see how Madsen does his first year.
No matter who he's left with, they can still play defense and be expected to.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.