Story Poster
Cal Basketball

Bear Insider Podcast: Cal Hoops Recruiting Talk With Rod Benson

May 9, 2023

Today Bear Insider editor Jim McGill and former Cal basketball center and new Bear Insider contributor Rod Benson talk about the arrival of new head coach Mark Madsen and the latest portal additions this spring.

To listen to the podcast, use any of the following links: Soundcloud, Spotify or Apple Podcasts.

Related:

Bear Insider Podcast: Rancho Christian Combo Guard Rodney Brown

Bears Make Another Big Addition Through the Portal in Texas Tech Wing Jaylon Tyson

Bears Add Memphis Portal Guard Keonte Kennedy

Discussion from...

Bear Insider Podcast: Cal Hoops Recruiting Talk With Rod Benson

5,141 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by BeachedBear
MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Sorry for the subpar audio. Not sure why it was worse than usual but hopefully it won't detract too much from the podcast.

Rod and Eddy Kleinhans will be doing regular video and audio podcasts with us in the near future covering Cal hoops.
GerryLopezBear
I thought it was great! Worth listening to for sure.
TruffleShuffle
I didn't even notice any audio issues. It was an informative listen and I enjoyed having Rod as a contributor. He was always a favorite!

Keep up the great work, Jim.
Cal_79
MoragaBear said:

Sorry for the subpar audio. Not sure why it was worse than usual but hopefully it won't detract too much from the podcast.

Rod and Eddy Kleinhans will be doing regular video and audio podcasts with us in the near future covering Cal hoops.

Rod's audio is less than ideal, but doesn't distract from what he's saying.
75bear
Rod is great on the podcast. He brings a different perspective, and I found his takes super interesting. He isn't going to ever fully drink the Kool Aid, and gives real unpolitical answers, and I really appreciate this about him.
MoragaBear
Staff
75bear said:

Rod is great on the podcast. He brings a different perspective, and I found his takes super interesting. He isn't going to ever fully drink the Kool Aid, and gives real unpolitical answers, and I really appreciate this about him.
That's the style both he and Eddy intend to use when they get up and running with their podcasts.
75bear
MoragaBear said:

75bear said:

That's the style both he and Eddy intend to use when they get up and running with their podcasts.
That's awesome to hear! Thanks for making this happen, Rod seems like a fantastic add to Bear Insider. I'm definitely subscribing to his podcasts going forward.
BeachedBear
75bear said:

My son had Rod as his summer camp coach when he was in middle school. Rod was all about making basketball fun and identifying just 2 or 3 skills to focus on (off-hand ball skills and shot selection for undersized guards in my son's case). One of the best experiences he had in youth sports. He kept in touch with him through his pro career in Korea. Very cool guy!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.