cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,270,622 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
a signing day press conference was originally scheduled for 3:00 pm today...but not all 3 letters were received at that time & the conference was rescheduled for tomorrow

the 3rd letter was received a little before 4:00 pm after most of the media had already cleared out but make no mistake about it, the california golden bear love train is leaving the station, everybody all aboard...this is gonna be an epic love train for the ages, tell all your friends, don't you know it's time to get on board?

davon, tyson & ivan: welcome brothers to coach martin's love train, 1st stop is gonna be berkeley, california for the summer bridge program starting on wednesday june 24th, the 2nd stop is gonna be arriving saturday august 15th in melbourne, australia (with stops also in sydney & brisbane) with games on august 16th, 18th, 20th & 23rd and with winter stops including las vegas, nevada & laramie, wyoming & charlottesville, virgina

jaylen, come on let's join hands on the love train with your friends at the #1 public & most diverse intellectually university in the world

let's do this, this is gonna be the ride of your life

the love train#
prospeCt
[video=youtube;TdT--4er8jQ][/video]

:bear::Lindsay
Shocky1
[video=youtube;vlDjfCJuScY][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;5RT9WCD_eMI][/video]
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]welcome to Cal[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842479241 said:

the bears staff has a very narrow window of opportunity with respects to graduate transfers

unlike academically mediocre schools like arizona & oregon (with their 95%+ undergraduate acceptance rates) that will accept virtually any basketball playing graduate from any college in their pursuit of winning more basketball games, the graduate programs at the #1 ranked public university in the world only offer admission to those students that have truly distinguished themselves in the classroom...cal's graduate degree programs are flooded with applications from ambitious students from around the world with outstanding academic achievement/transcripts, these programs are selectively seeking the very best of the best students

therefore it's gonna be a very unique basketball student athlete that will be accepted into one of the graduate programs in berkeley...lengthy lists of potential graduate transfers are kinda myopic re: the probability of admission

case in point, a starter at an academically well regarded acc school with a 2.92 gpa (which is pretty good considering the hours that are invested in playing high level d1 basketball) that reached out this year to the staff re: potentially coming to cal could not gain admission into the targeted grad school...this would not be a problem at arizona or oregon, it's no big deal getting accepted into their grad schools & it's also no big deal if the player drops out of school (which has been the case in eugene) the day after their final game, such schools lack academic accountability & creditability

it should also be mentioned that schools like arizona & oregon offer 1 year grad programs, cal's programs are 2 years which requires a different level of academic commitment

dwight tarwater's excelling in the classroom this year & commitment to return for the next academic year to finish his graduate degree is gonna allow the bears staff to potentially make an actionable offer to another graduate transfer...trust me, 99% of the basketball pool of graduate transfers last year did not have a 3.00 gpa in earning an ivy league degree like dwight, he's a one in a million person for a lot of different reasons

shonn miller, a 2 time 1st team all leaguer at cornell with 3.4 gpa at the rigorous st ignatius high school in cleveland is one of those very few student athletes that fits cal's narrow window of opportunity

something is seriously lost in translation for those that want cal to accept dumb azz basketball players that solely wanna play basketball on the basketball court with a basketball...at the #1 public university in the world there must be academic integrity, more than this there is nothing

update:

cornell's shonn miller is unlikely to be accepted at the cal grad school of his choice, he is no longer considered a viable transfer candidate

the staff is still interested in potentially offering usf's mark tollefsen, a 6'9" 200 lbs forward from san ramon valley high school...the bay area native redshirted his freshman year for the dons & averaged 14 ppg & 5.4 rpg last season

tollefsen is considered an arizona lean & may make an official visit to tucson this weekend...sean miller is only gonna take 1 graduate transfer (he does not want to expend potential development time for younger players on more than 1 graduate senior) & his #1 target is drexel's damion lee...lee is looking seriously at the wildcats & louisville with hometown maryland, gonzaga & marquette also in the running for the impact player

coach lindsay gottlieb & her hardworking staff have been targeting former mcdonalds all american harvard's temi fagbenle, a skilled 6'4" 3 time all ivy leaguer...temi is a native of london & attended the blair academy in new jersey and is an outstanding high character student athlete...guess what, fagbenle's gpa/metrics are not gonna get her accepted into the cal grad school of her choice

i get it, lengthy lists of potential grad transfers are fun but in reality almost all of the players on such lists are not gonna get accepted into the grad schools of the #1 public university in the world

gpas matter#
HoopDreams
together again

Shocky1
senior graduate transfer mark tollefsen (usf) is a confirmed official visitor at arizona (no actionable offer yet) this weekend & is also being recruited by cal, san diego state, tennesse, usc, washington & nevada

it is not expected that lorenzo romar will ask robert upshaw to host tollefsen if he visits seattle

don on the move#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842483220 said:

senior graduate transfer mark tollefsen (usf) is confirmed at arizona (no actionable offer yet) this weekend & is also being recruited by cal, san diego state, tennesse, usc, washington & nevada

it is not expected that lorenzo romar will ask robert upshaw to host tollefsen if he visits seattle

don on the move#

ncca recruiting regulations do not allow their partiicpating institutions to host a psa (prospective student athlete) at a trap house, no they would not allow that to happen in seattle
MiZery
Shocky1;842482955 said:

a signing day press conference was originally scheduled for 3:00 pm today...but not all 3 letters were received at that time & the conference was rescheduled for tomorrow

the 3rd letter was received a little before 4:00 pm after most of the media had already cleared out but make no mistake about it, the california golden bear love train is leaving the station, everybody all aboard...this is gonna be an epic love train for the ages, tell all your friends, don't you know it's time to get on board?

davon, tyson & ivan: welcome brothers to coach martin's love train, 1st stop is gonna be berkeley, california for the summer bridge program starting on wednesday june 24th, the 2nd stop is gonna be melbourne, australia (with stops also in sydney & brisbane) in mid august, and with winter stops including las vegas, nevada & laramie, wyoming & charlottesville, virgina

jaylen, come on let's join hands on the love train with your friends at the #1 public & most diverse intellectually university in the world

let's do this, this is gonna be the ride of your life

the love train#

This is untrue
Shocky1

the love train#
Shocky1
MiZery;842483359 said:

This is untrue

for a dumb azz who never attends any cal basketball games in person, you are surprisingly perceptive to note that coach martin has not announced davon dillard's letter of intent

what year did you get your ged, captain?
bearsandgiants
Shocky1;842483441 said:

the love train#

Perfect! Man, what an interview. We've gotta get Brown. He and Rabb are perfect for this program. To hell with the skills. These guys are just flat out intelligent, passionate individuals. CMs gotta make this happen.
Shocky1
jaylen kinda knows what college he'd like to attend, he knows that basketball can be taken away from you forever in a split second & that you gotta celebrate and have fun playing with friends every moment you're on the court

yeah he knows

MiZery
Lol @ not making it accross country with a family in tow to a game makes me less of a fan..

p.s. I go to one home game per year

I was just pointing out that you were putting out false info.. which you seem to ahve a habit of doing.
Shocky1
MiZery;842483453 said:

Lol @ not making it accross country with a family in tow to a game makes me less of a fan..

p.s. I go to one home game per year

I was just pointing out that you were putting out false info.. which you seem to ahve a habit of doing.

that's awesome, what game at haas did you go to this year?
HoopDreams
dude got mad skills...and a Cal offer

[video=youtube;UVDd8qHQM1Q][/video]

orindabear74
Milstead 2017. Hardy 2018. Sounds like a plan.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]Congratulations to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Brittany Boyd[/COLOR] and [COLOR="#0000CD"]Reshanda Gray[/COLOR] for being selected in the WNBA Draft[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can do it all
Great basketball and Great education[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb [/COLOR]playing in the Jordan Brand Classic All-Star game...

...with a couple of his friends[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congratulations to[COLOR="#0000FF"] Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] for winning CALIFORNIA MR BASKETBALL
[/SIZE]

HoopDreams

[COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7]Jaylen looking fly in those jumpmans
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Shocky1
orindabear74;842483466 said:

Milstead 2017. Hardy 2018. Sounds like a plan.

the staff has their eyes on multiple point guard prospects:

2016:
*****derryck thronton (findlay prep), duke lean if he does not reclassify to 2015 is expected to visit berkeley with his dad this summer
*****devearl ramsey (sierra caynon), unofficially visited with the coaches after leading his team to a state championship conquest at haas
*****jordan ford (folsom), oakland soldier is filling the stat sheet already in aau ball's opening weekend

2017:
*****damari milstead (moreau catholic), oscar frayer's facilitator/distributor & scorer
*****jade smith (st joesph notre dame), physical specimen last pilots pg at cal was pretty good

2018:
*****elijah hardy (bishop o'dowd), and so the ivan rabb/lou richie cal legacy begins...fireworks

let's do this

touch the sky#
Shocky1
who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands
davon dillard-3.0+ gpa@our savior new amereican school
tyson jolly-3.1 gpa@putnam city west
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

let's do this

don't be a dumb azz#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
Shocky1
Shocky1;842427249 said:

what could be worse than finding out your head coach is as unethical as criminal dana altman?

answer: finding out your head coach is an unremorseful enabler of a rapist because he thought it might help him win a few more games

check out the orange county register article: "alford's past paints blurry character portrait"
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alford-535065-indiana-basketball.html

if steve alford has not protected his star basketball player after he raped the 1st student, then the 2nd victim most likely would have been spared this violent crime

if alford had been a basketball coach at an iowa middle school rather than the head coach at the university of iowa, then alford would be in a prison today for his documented role in enabling/facilitating a convicted rapist to escape justice all in the name of his winning a few more basketball games

steve alford's insincere decade late apology as mandated by the ucla athletic director during april of 2013:

"at that time i instinctively and mistakenly came to (pierece's) defense before knowing all the facts...i wanted to believe he was innocent and in response to a media question i publicly proclaimed his innocence before the legal system had run its course"

"that was inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful especially for the young female victim and i apologize for that"

"i have learned and grown from that experience and now understand that such proclamations can contribute to an atmosphere in which similar crimes go unreported and victims are not taken seriously"

why did alford wait over a decade to apologize?

does alford truly feel any responsibility for the 2nd rape victim because of his actions?

steve alford=dana altman=joe paterno

this is ucla basketball#

jaylen, have you & your mom discussed this issue with steve alford?

deal breaker#

i dunno kinda seems like stephen zimmerman didn't want to play for a rapist enabler like steve alford
Shocky1
Shocky1;842477903 said:

tyrone, i introduced myself & visited with your mom michelle & your younger sisters/brothers before the fresno state game at the save mart arena in the central valley...your family had made the short drive over from bakersfield & was very excited to see you play...you should have seen their exuberant smiles after you led your team to an exciting victory over the bulldogs

neice told me about the amazing influence you have upon the little ones, how you consistently call home & ask each of them if they are doing their homework and emphasizing to them the importance of getting it done in the classroom to ensure bright futures for them

t-wall, my love for you & the cal basketball program transcends far beyond wins & losses on the basketball floor, it is **** like that makes supporting you & your teammates special and truly magical for me, you are an amazing person...yeah, it was fun stormin' the court after your ice in the veins 3 point moneyball vs the university of spoiled children with .4th of a second left in the game (see the foto below of your poised deadly shooting form with the clearly good luck fuschia shoelaces & me getting ready to do the stormin' thing in my purple villebrequin linen dress shirt)

and now you are at the crossroads...are you gonna drop out of college & throw your name in the nba draft or will you return for your senior season & earn a cal degree?

with defenders smothering you all season you shot 42.5% on field goals & 31.8% on 3 pointers from behind the college line along with an undefended 60.6% on free throws...you also got abused & outplayed defensively by marginal nba prospects chasson randle & tj mcconnell...it is highly unlikely you would be drafted in the 1st round in this year's nba draft which ensures a guaranteed contract which means you would be a 2nd round draft choice or a free agent

the nba development league is a brutal biz, paying many of its players around $30k while they compete for maybe one open spot on the parent team roster...it's a lot of long bus rides & fiercely competing with guys that really don't want to share the ball because they know they need attention grabbing stats to make an impression upon the front office...there's absolutely nothing glamorous about the nba development league, ask richard solomon about it, it's a day to day highly stressful life with no safety net for those without a college degree

or you can return to cal & play with the potential diamonds are forever class (2015) with improved shooting spacing because of the elite talent...you can become more of a vocal leader at point guard & better impose your will upon your teammates that are looking to you for direction...and most importantly, you can serve as a tremendous role model to your younger sisters & brothers & finish your academic goals with a diploma from cal

you know at some point basketball is gonna be done with you, are you gonna be just another college dropout on the streets then trying to financially support your hard working mom & family?...or are you gonna be a graduate from the #1 public university in the world with a million career opportunities & an unlimited future?

marco harris once told me that men take care of their business & jennifer hunter told me you are exceptionally bright & a very conscientious student

t-wall, i get it, the lure of potentially quick $ to help your family is strong but how are you gonna accomplish that goal?...what is the best strategy both in the short & long run?...you know the answer in your heart, you gotta love it not hate it

t-wall, feedback from scouts is that there are questions re: your shooting...not just your 60% free throw shooting last season but also the types of misses...pure shooters miss free throws short or long while many of your misses were either left or right...yeah stuff like that gets tracked in the brutally competitive & cruel billion dollar+ nba, it's a ******* jungle where any weakness can be fatal

that's a major red flag in the nba

check out this link re: nba free throw shooting...how many point guards are shooting over 80%?
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws/sort/freeThrowPct/count/41
SRBear
Looking like you're thread is about to hit a million views. How are you planning to celebrate? :woohoo
concordtom
SRBear;842483539 said:

Looking like you're thread is about to hit a million views. How are you planning to celebrate? :woohoo

Once again, curious to know about the BI revenue streams. A million page loads = what?
berkeleyhigh91
My educated guess maybe 4k, $2 cpm on 2 mil impressions
concordtom
berkeleyhigh91;842483557 said:

My educated guess maybe 4k, $2 cpm on 2 mil impressions

but where's the ad? I have no ad on this page currently and I usually only recl a video highlight ad. Who's paying for all this?
berkeleyhigh91
You're right, I assumed 2 ads. But they probably go away when u signin
89Bear
SRBear;842483539 said:

By receiving the Drunkoski Driving Traffic award...
Cal89
89Bear;842483637 said:

By receiving the Drunkoski Driving Traffic award...

I commented a month back, speculating that we are apt to hit 1M views by mid April. Looks to be tomorrow...

I postulated if the board would actually show "1,000,000" views or that many figures, or would it roll back and start over again. In true Cal fashion, scientific notation would be most approriate.
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR], PF Earlier in the week Rabb said that his commitment to California felt like weight was lifted off his shoulder. On Friday, that appeared clear. Rabb had a strong showing and went for a double-double (14 pts, 12 rebounds). Offensively, he connected on a pair of left jump hooks, ran the floor looking for finishes and even dropped in a catch and shoot three-pointer. Rabb rebounded his area well and swatted away a couple of shots. He's such an impressive long-term prospect because of his potential to be an impact player on both ends of the floor.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]...with his wingman providing safety coverage[/SIZE]
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.