cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,270,482 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tedbear;842528937 said:

HD, that's Jaylen (15) in the photo. Jabari is (23) I think.

[SIZE=5]tedbear, you are absolutely right...it was Jaylen, not Jabari with the crazy block...[/SIZE]

south bender
HoopDreams;842528917 said:

[SIZE=5]Perhaps the player who showed the most improvement from last year was [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jabari Bird[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000CD"]Truly a Monster, and my vote for Australian Tour MVP[/COLOR]

Vs the Hawks, Jabari scored 17 points on 7-12 shooting, including 3-4 from three. And he added SIX rebounds, assist, 3 steals and a block. He should have had another block but the refs incorrectly called it a goal tend in the final minutes of the tight game. See below for photo evidence:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]vs COE: 19 points (8-13 shooting), 5 rebounds, 2 assists
vs Frankston Blue: 13 points (6-11 shooting), 6 rebounds, 1 block
vs Victoria Select: 13 points (6-8 shooting), 3 rebounds, 1 assist

Besides his blistering 62% shooting for the tour, it should be noted that he averaged 5 rebounds/game

Watch Jabari's monster put back slam...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;lZHWEx8RBTA][/video]

Great to see the healthy and more experienced and mature Jabari. Couldn't want a better guy.

A real boost to the team, if he stays healthy.
Shocky1
so a couple of months ago my current 1st wife kat posts on her social media or something a vine of my daughter taylor & i bouncing our shoulders into each other while sitting on the floor of haas during the cal's dance & cheerleading squads performances to my beloved m83's midnight city

so one of kat's neighborhood friends here in north scottsdale tells her that the cheerleader in front of taylor & i is her niece anne (both the aunt & anne got the same genetics thing going)

anyways anne is sports illustrated's national cheerleader of the week & i've been asked to not say anything stoopid or **** like that re: this well deserved honor...right like i'm gonna be a dumb azz, i don't got time for that, we are very busy people

whatever

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/photos/2015/08/20/cheerleader-week-anne-cal-dance-team/start

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&qpvt=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=53CC90410BDC92F116AB53CC90410BDC92F116AB
Shocky1
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] absolutely showed that he is a certified Cal basketball Monster

Vs the Pro Hawks, he notched a Double-Double on 50% shooting, and adding 2 assists, 2 steals and a Block

Vs the other Australian teams he blitzed them for two more double-doubles and showed his high hoops IQ with multiple assists, steals and blocks

For the down under tour he shot a super efficient 64%

Ivan gets my vote for the Cal basketball MIP (most important player), and I think that will be true for the season[/SIZE]

atoms
HoopDreams;842528980 said:

[SIZE=5]tedbear, you are absolutely right...it was Jaylen, not Jabari with the crazy block...[/SIZE]

Yes, Jaylen's block is the one in the photo. However, Jabari had another fantastic block that was ruled a goaltend by the refs, and I think that's what you were thinking of originally.
Shocky1

sammy, what up with the cal basketball shorts at the beach?

roman, wearing a high school prom cummerbund around the waist is a beach fashion nightmare, you might not know how to speak australian but that outfit is speaking volumes

jaylen rockin' the stylish trunks with the simple drawstring & the clean shades, no wonder them curvy brunette yoga girls wanna talk to you

huf, are you gonna audition for jersey boys with the accessorized gold chain?...where's paulie?

ivan, not sure that foot locker beachwear is working for you the same way you work around the basket

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1

cal is a dream school#
Shocky1
cal has offered brandon mccoy, a 7' 235 lbs true 5 & top 25 player in the 2017 class from morse high school who has an opportunity to become one of the best players to ever come out of san diego

mccoy is already a relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement
[video=youtube;YPp2FJHIkKQ][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in potential careers in either pharmacy or marine biology when his basketball playing days are done with him...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

yeah, the staff expects to sign multiple players in 2017 & there's no doubt that mccoy would be a standout center for cal's touch the sky class (2017)...brandon is truly a special young man with heart & skills that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including san diego)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842525777 said:

are you gonna do your part & call 1-800 go bears today to discuss season tix(s) at haas pavilion for you, your family & friends?

the time is now for you to create noise & energy at your palace on the brink of the potential greatest cal basketball/football season of our lifetimes

don't be a passive tv fan/idiot, maybe it's time to feel the magic of cal basketball again

rediscovering lost love#

the select a seat events at haas pavilion are this upcoming sunday august 30th & monday august 31st with specific times to be determined by one's priority points

fun opportunity to pick your seats while chatting with the players & the coaches...coach martin definitely wants your input on playing time allocations for the upcoming season & he'll probably even take notes while you talk

let's do this#
HoopDreams
brj1
sunday 11am we will be there. jacked up for this
Shocky1
Shocky1;842441503 said:

whether it's playing high stakes poker, putting together a multi million dollar business deal or kissing a smokin' hot brunette yoga girl for the 1st time or all of the above, it's important to know the tell

the tell is a small almost imperceptible visual cue that tells you what the other person is thinking...its benefits are priceless

are you still with me?

so ivan rabb is being interviewed along with jaylen brown by the espn announcers after the bishop o'dowd vs wheeler match up...the talking heads ask the 5 star brown re: his thought process with respects to selecting a college...the camera & all eyes focus upon jaylen but i'm still just watching ivan

the articulate & thoughtful jaylen says "players and coaches come and go, i want to pick a college where i'm comfortable"...ivan is starting to nod his head

jaylen then says "i want to pick a college that has a family atmosphere, somewhere that feels like home"...ivan is totally moving his head in agreement & then looks down to his left at his heart, these 2 guys got a connection

the tell is clear (do not argue or question my body language reading skills, i aced psych 1 at cal)

diamonds are forever (expect the unexpected)#

i've been lobbying tsubasa onozaki, cal's director of video (she & her staff are creatively killing it lately with their fun & energized cal branding videos) re: my recommendation for the theme song for the cal basketball program's intro video on the haas scoreboard on gamedays, kayne's diamonds are forever

tsubasa told me that the players will reconvene after the australia team bonding trip & then decide as a group the theme song

if the california golden bears student athlete basketball players don't pick kayne's diamonds are forever that is gonna be a tell in my mind, a clear indication that i should shut the **** up, that they're not interested in this foo foo lame **** & that the cal's monster class thread should be terminated at that time

yeah, its all gonna be real clear real soon

the tell#

so how is the vote on the most important decision surrounding the cal basketball gonna play out?...what is the current analytic prognostication for kayne's diamonds are forever as this season's pregame introductions theme song?

full supporters:
*****brenden glapion, nick hamilton & cole welle are my core supporters, them rescue walk ons appreciate my efforts to fully free them from the tyranny of coach martin
*****roger moute a bidias invited both taylor & i at the year end team banquet to stay with his family at their home in cameroon

partial supporters:
*****kameron rooks & sam singer, key members of the original monster class, can't dance at all so hip hop songs are totally out for them
*****brendan chauca & kingsley okoroh appreciate the shockster rooting for the underdogs in life
*****jaylen brown is looking for a business partner re: his philosophical musings
*****ivan rabb is a mama's boy like me plus we both like mac & cheese too at the ol' yeller cafe

undecided:
*****roman davis isn't sure what to think, i dunno maybe the monster class can be produced with australian subtitles
*****stephen domingo don't understand how dumb azzs like me & oski could actually graduate from cal

moderately opposed:
*****jabari bird & jordan mathews don't like the constant references to their failure to consistently play relentless defensive & rebound
*****tyrone wallace overhead me mutter "whatever" when my current 1st wife kat told him "we love you tyrone" when the team circled the student section with the postgame high fives after a victory at haas

totally opposed:
*****coach martin would like to keep me further afar at all times
Shocky1
"do somebody 4 favors but when you can't do the 5th how soon they forget"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

petalumabear
Clearly, voting with Coach Martin makes the most sense.
Shocky1
petalumabear;842530136 said:

Clearly, voting with Coach Martin makes the most sense.

why, do you really wanna a bob marley jam as cal basketball's theme song this season?

not me

diamonds are forever#
petalumabear
Marley, the Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Tower of Power.... anything to put Kanye Worst where he belongs...
Shocky1
Shocky1;842515872 said:

the bears staff has offered daejon davis, a 6'3" 175 lbs top 50 in the 2017 class from the lakeside school in seattle & the seattle aau rotary team

davis is a 2 that can flat our score the ball along with exceptional vision & an unselfish passer...he can knock down 3 pointers along with attacking the basket & his high motor projects him to be an exceptional defender

daejon has indicated that his collegiate criteria will include academics, coaching staff, environment, playing style & future teammates...in state washington, gonzaga & washington state have also offered

yeah, even kayne is mentioning (kinda) daejon davis in his lyrics

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

daejon will be visiting cal the weekend of september 26th (a non home football weekend as the jared goff & his teammates will be in seattle)

daejon davis has made a commitment to washington (presumably subject to lorenzo still being the coach in seattle then)
Shocky1
petalumabear;842530453 said:

Marley, the Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Tower of Power.... anything to put Kanye Worst where he belongs...

coach martin's preference

the shockster's preference
[video=youtube;qmw6EaTfX8g][/video]

don't be a dumb azz#
HoopDreams

[SIZE=6]The returnees: Welcome back, [COLOR="#0000CD"]Cal's Tyrone Wallace[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]There are plenty of new faces in college basketball. But don't lose sight of those who are back for more. This week, we look at returning players who will have a big impact on their teams this season. Today: California's senior point guard Tyrone Wallace.

Wallace, a first team, all-Pac-12 guard, was undoubtedly Cal's most important player last season. He led the team in scoring (17.1), rebounds (7.1) and assists (3.9) last season and was the only player in the Pac-12 to rank in the top five in all three categories.

The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Wallace isn't a natural point guard whose playing making instincts automatically make others around him better. Despite it being the first time in college he played point guard full time, Wallace won Martin over with his decision-making on the court.

Wallace debated turning pro at the end of last seasonmainly Wallace's choice was personal. At the news conference announcing he was staying, Wallace spoke about the promise he made to his grandfather, Charles Johnson, who died a year ago, that he would become the first in his family to obtain a college degree.[/SIZE]
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]do you want to see ball handling and lightning quickness?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]
petalumabear
Shocky1;842530478 said:

coach martin's preference

the shockster's preference

don't be a dumb azz#

Coach Martin has taste.
SFBearz
Shocky1;842530474 said:

daejon davis has made a commitment to washington (presumably subject to lorenzo still being the coach in seattle then)

Romar is now challenging Miller for the best recruiting in the conference. Washington will have great guard talent for years unless Romar is fired.
Shocky1
SFBearz;842530598 said:

Romar is now challenging Miller for the best recruiting in the conference. Washington will have great guard talent for years unless Romar is fired.

agreed although it's a shame that coach romar isn't much of a gameday coach which has resulted in washington not being selected for the ncca tournament each of the last 4 years with a 5th straight miss projected for this upcoming season

this is washington basketball#
Shocky1
brj1;842529951 said:

sunday 11am we will be there. jacked up for this

brj1=fired up true california golden bear

would not surprise me if brj1 gets to haas before the dawn in the pitch dark universe

Shocky1
Shocky1;842517923 said:

the bears staff has offered explosive point guard charlie moore, a 5'9" 165 lbs dynamo from chicago public league powerhouse morgan park high school
[IMG]?o=eyJ3aWR0aCI6MCwiaGVpZ2h0IjowLCJ4IjowLjU sInkiOjAuNX0%3D&s=%2FdVBMUpLZb4OrgUkvkSLxvo%2BVx0%3D[/IMG]

moore delivered a signature 31 points last friday nite in las vegas in leading his mac irvin fire to an upset aau victory over cp3 & soundly outplayed uconn commit alterique gilbert...like former bears 2009/2010 pac 12 mvp jerome randle (charlie & rome know each other), moore's got elite deep range & the ability to create shots but also sometimes questionable decision making

illinois (almost year round nasty humid or freezing cold azz weather) is putting the full court press on charlie but it could get real interesting if he decides to take an official visit to the #1 ranked public university in the world located in the beautiful & cosmopolitan san francisco bay area...cali isn't sweater weather
[video=youtube;pROWAvEzX4Y][/video]

yeah, charlie's gonna be in the next updated rankings for the top 100 players in the 2016 class

charlie moore will be officially visiting cal & his fellow chicago guy coach webster for the san diego state football weekend september 11th...visits also set for pittsburgh, illinois & memphis
http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/3397-charlie-moore-sets-four-official-visits

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

as expected mr charlie moore of chicago, illinois made a huge upward trajectory move in the national rankings & is now ranked #66 in the 2016 class by evan daniels & josh gershon

could charlie become the 3rd dude from the windy city who went to cal & won the pac 12 mvp award following in the footsteps of sean lampley & jerome randle?

one thing is for sure, neither rome or charlie is ever gonna be able to reach the top shelf at walgreens, that **** is not gonna happen
Shocky1
alec hickman, a fast rising 6'4" 170 lbs 2017 combo guard from jserra catholic high school in san juan capistrano will be unofficially visiting with the cal staff this weekend in berkeley

alec played this summer for the aau team eleate...hickman is a solid perimeter shooter with a mid range game along with ball skills & passing vision...strength is an area of targeted ongoing improvement, cal got the best s&c coach in the nation

and yeah, alec got better hair than coaches martin, webster & jones but maybe only a tie with coaches huf & christopher:headbang

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/videos.aspx?schoolid=a3a4b4d3-bce3-47b1-a57b-30226feba5e1&ssid=68412f9a-7900-4e5d-9239-7ebae2cf32dc&videoid=08a39580-e225-4ec6-9365-ecd34d1ef4f0

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including so cal)
Shocky1
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13517425
Shocky1
do you remember last season when the california golden bears usually only had 1-2 offensive options on any given night?

do you know that the bears got 5 guys with double averages on the australia trip?
*****jaylen brown, 17.8 ppg
*****jabari bird, 15.5 ppg
*****tyrone wallace, 14.8 ppg
*****jordan mathews, 13.8 ppg
*****ivan rabb, 12.8 ppg
yeah, it's important to be multiple

do you got your season tix(s) for potentially the most offensively diversified & talented cal basketball team of our lifetimes?

let's do this#
Shocky1

https://vimeo.com/45797764

back to school (don't be a dumb azz)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/630sICn1mrWOSZGrdfxQT2m_zaNrKFFzEe5RY0

man's best friend (not talking about ms alcantar)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842530018 said:

so how is the vote on the most important decision surrounding the cal basketball gonna play out?...what is the current analytic prognostication for kayne's diamonds are forever as this season's pregame introductions theme song?

full supporters:
*****brenden glapion, nick hamilton & cole welle are my core supporters, them rescue walk ons appreciate my efforts to fully free them from the tyranny of coach martin
*****roger moute a bidias invited both taylor & i at the year end team banquet to stay with his family at their home in cameroon

partial supporters:
*****kameron rooks & sam singer, key members of the original monster class, can't dance at all so hip hop songs are totally out for them
*****brendan chauca & kingsley okoroh appreciate the shockster rooting for the underdogs in life
*****jaylen brown is looking for a business partner re: his philosophical musings
*****ivan rabb is a mama's boy like me plus we both like mac & cheese too at the ol' yeller cafe

undecided:
*****roman davis isn't sure what to think, i dunno maybe the monster class can be produced with australian subtitles
*****stephen domingo don't understand how dumb azzs like me & oski could actually graduate from cal

moderately opposed:
*****jabari bird & jordan mathews don't like the constant references to their failure to consistently play relentless defensive & rebound
*****tyrone wallace overhead me mutter "whatever" when my current 1st wife kat told him "we love you tyrone" when the team circled the student section with the postgame high fives after a victory at haas

totally opposed:
*****coach martin would like to keep me further afar at all times

let's be real here, the above post is a shameless effort to influence & lobby for t-wall's vote in favor of kayne's diamonds are forever

the vote#
ibelieveNyou
NICK HAMILTON, walk-on player & Gates Millinieum Award Winner and scholar a true student athlete continues with success in the classroom. Summer session ending prior to the trip to Australia, Nick once again earned A's in both summer classes - now declaring his major in MEDIA STUDIES and will have enough credits to be considered a junior by winter semester. GO NICK GO BEARS -enjoy the ride✔

Shocky1
Shocky1;842522355 said:

taylor clowning with nick hamilton with a special photobomb by the king
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4821[/ATTACH]

brenden glapion showed us his locker, dude has got more shoes than taylor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4822[/ATTACH]

the smartest guy (gates scholarship) on the cal basketball team with taylor telling the world nick's current gpa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4823[/ATTACH]

taylor's dumb azz dad, she made me promise before the event that i would not embarazz her (again)...sorry sweetie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4824[/ATTACH]

make no mistake about it, my fashionista daughter taylor is a huge fan of nick hamilton...too bad she don't got a stellar gpa like nick

the magic of cal basketball#
ibelieveNyou
Shocky1;842531631 said:

make no mistake about it, my fashionista daughter taylor is a huge fan of nick hamilton...too bad she don't got a stellar gpa like nick

the magic of cal basketball#

Thanks for sharing photo...Glad to know Taylor and company has Nick's back*

Hey, if you're ever in the Los Angeles area (even if you're just driving through)... let me know. ..would enjoy meeting you.
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.