cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,270,413 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OldBlue1999;842543668 said:

Interesting development, did SMC finally agree to a single game contract or will Cal be making a trip out to the 'burbs in the near future?

ob, it's gonna be 2 games at haas pavilion & 1 game at mckeon pavilion
concordtom
Shocky1;842546366 said:

ob, it's gonna be 2 games at haas pavilion & 1 game at mckeon pavilion

How can I get tickets to that game at McKeon not-quite-a Pavillion?
Packed city, baby!
There will be massive traffic jams down St. Mary's Road, Rheem Blvd., and Moraga Way.
(MB can ride his bike...)
OzoneTheCat
concordtom;842546381 said:

How can I get tickets to that game at McKeon not-quite-a Pavillion?
Packed city, baby!
There will be massive traffic jams down St. Mary's Road, Rheem Blvd., and Moraga Way.
(MB can ride his bike...)

Park your car along the Lafayette-Moraga trail and you can do the same.

http://www.ci.lafayette.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=964
Shocky1
Shocky1;842536726 said:

"wish i was in berkeley right now...i used to make excuses why i couldn't do something!...because my dreams were so big and they seemed so unrealistic...my mama grinded for everything i have and im grinding so she can everything shes ever wanted"
-tyson jolly

"i think about my granny every night...i wish she could actually see how far ive come!...crazy i transitioned from a sg to a solid pg in a couple months...somtimes you have to put your focus back on whats really real...no social media"
-tyson jolly
bearmanpg
The more quotes I see from this kid, the more I like him and root for things to work out for him....less social media would do wonders for many young folks IMO.....
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842546700 said:

The more quotes I see from this kid, the more I like him and root for things to work out for him....less social media would do wonders for many young folks IMO.....

bearmanpg, you are very perceptive

yoga pants#
concordtom
OzoneTheCat;842546507 said:

Park your car along the Lafayette-Moraga trail and you can do the same.

http://www.ci.lafayette.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=964

Good suggestion, but map not necessary, thanks.
Shocky1
walked 18 holes at barton creek's crenshaw/coore cliffside course this afternoon...while humid there are occasional breezes which means that weather should not be a factor for cal's high octane jared goff led offensive tomorrow nite vs them texas longhorns

6th avenue#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842466285 said:

there's around 2 minutes left in the washington state game pac 12 tournament game at the mgm grand & the president of the brenden glapion fan club is nudging me & asking me why her favorite player isn't in the game

so i start screaming from our seats (thx ash & jj) directly behind the cal bench "coach, let's get the walk ons into the game, they work their azzs off all season, let's go"

and then coach martin yells "brenden" & our fearless hero jumps to his feet & runs to the scorer's table

taylor can't believe it, this **** is getting live

and then the cougars defender fouls glapion, all of his teammates rise to their feet & start clapping, he's gonna get 2 free throws

so brenden toes the line, bounces the ball & releases his smooth left handed stroke into the las vegas airspace...the ball rotates perfectly for seemingly forever & then drops thru the bottom of the net...the bears crew are totally fired up & pumping their fists...brandon chauca, a great teammate, comes up from behind the 3 point line & messes with brenden's crewcut

taylor & i are going ballistic...i'm screaming at the top of my lungs, "great shot, brenden, way to go baby...washington high school shooter, let's do this baby, let it fly, let's do this"

brenden bounces the ball, inhales a deep breath & focuses in on his 2nd free throw...he deftly strokes the 2nd free throw & it also drops perfectly thru the basket...brenden glapion has got 2 points in the pac 12 tnt, he's in the history books & now the staff is also smiling broadly and telling the guys to get back on d

i'm still roaring like a golden bear saying lots of stupid **** & high fiving dr danger & his son along with everyone else in our vicinity...taylor & i hug and i almost see a mist of bay area fog in her beautiful green eyes, my daughter is alive & happy sharing a very special moment with her dad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4412[/ATTACH]
(click for larger image of taylor cheesin it at our golf club in flagstaff)

the stars & the universe are all perfectly aligned at this point in time

as the cal players leave the court, i'm stilling relentlessly clapping & yelling at the tv sideline reporter "interview glapion, interview glapion, talk to the big guy, come on let's roll"...the players are looking at me smiling & i dunno maybe shaking their heads a little bit too because i'm such a dumb azz, we've all experienced & shared something bigger than the game of basketball

did i mention that taylor's dream school is the university of san francisco (she's gotta raise her gpa if that's gonna happen otherwise she's gonna be at her mom's school, asu) & that brenden grew up in san francisco?

brenden glapion=cable car baller

the magic of cal basketball#

happy birthday, brenden
Shocky1

jayce johnson, a key targeted 2016 recruiting priority for the cal staff, is officially visiting colorado this weekend & tad boyle's downward trajectory sliding basketball program in boulder
Vineyardview
Cal had only a quick flirtation with 2016 Huntington Prep (WV) G Curtis Jones as he has committed to Indiana.
Shocky1
walked 18 holes this morning at the very private austin golf club which was designed by my favorite golf architects bill coore (who is a neighbor of mine in north scottsdale) & ben crenshaw (who lives in austin)

at lunch i introduced myself to ben & we conversed for 15 minutes re: cabot cliffs in nova scotia & shanqin bay on hainan island in china...i was able to ask multiple detailed questions re: architecture decisions c&c have made & ben provided me with thoughtful & insightful answers...at the end of our conversation i told ben that it was an honor to play his club & that his c&c designs have added texture to my life & golf travels...i compared speaking with him to meeting monet or renoir (which is kinda hard to do since they're dead)...ben smiled when i told him that but not so much when i headed out the clubhouse front door with a loud "go bears" (ben is a huge longtime texas fan)

throughout my life starting with my days at cal i have introduced myself & engaged people that i think are interesting whether it be golf architects like c&c or tom doak, writer daniel silva, the lead guitarist for interpol or that curvy brunette yoga girl...if you are genuine & respectful in your approach, they will appreciate your interest in their lifework

don't overanalyze it, just say hello...the time is now

follow your dreams#
brj1
But hey, who's on trial?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5006[/ATTACH]
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]Texas Player Victory Dance... well not so much...[/SIZE]

Shocky1

saturday nite in austin#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;McaBtB0qwys][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Texas QB great, Vince Young...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2569537-texas-de-dances-before-realizing-kicker-shanked-game-tying-extra-point

not over until it's over#:headbang
Shocky1
Shocky1;842543059 said:

after yesterday's basketball practice at haas pavillion, we all walked over to the lunch (no sushi, sorry shocky) in front of dwinelle hall near sather gate...it wasn't the healthiest assortment of foods (probably because coach christopher had the day off) but that's ok i ended up eating on the run near memorial stadium

anyways i got to talk to my 3 favorite former california golden bears plus got to visit with eric mcdonough (a successful attorney in santa monica), michael pitts & anwar mcqueen among others at the event which was coordinated by fellow cal basketball fanatic brian raney

theo robertson, assistant for them world champion golden state warriors, played a key role in the recruitment & development of several of the current bears...theo's future is virtually unlimited with his relentless work ethic

justin labagh, the winningest head coach in the history of college basketball (87% winning record), has got city college of san francisco ready to compete for another california jc state/mythical national championship this upcoming season...2 of his rams shon briggs & jalen canty played in the morning scrimmage & absolutely did not back down in physically pounding with the bears, jalen & young ivee know each other & it got personal

richard midgley, his good looking curvy brunette yoga wife vanessa (cal haas biz school grad like the shockster) & his infant son dominic...sir richard told me his modesto christian crusaders got the fighters to compete for a state of california open division championship now that pain in the azz nemesis young ivee is in berkeley

cal family#

yeah, it always fun for the cal basketball family to do the hang in september

Shocky1

it cost a lot of $ to feed them ravenous california golden bears, are you gonna do your part & get season tix(s) in order to generate revenue for the program?

don't be a chunky monkey, a passive tv cal fan...the magic of cal basketball, it's all gonna happen inside haas pavilion...yeah, and bring your money bitch

mikecohen
Shocky1;842549945 said:

Dear Shocky: Please identify the folks. I don't know most of them.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842525101 said:

the california golden bears staff with huf as the lead recruiter are the 1st major school to actively target miles norris, a 6'8" 180 lbs 2018 big wing from mater dei catholic in chula vista

miles got size 15 feet & is expected to grown a couple more inches...he is smooth with interior dunks, an accurate mid range game & 3 point shooting skills and most importantly, a very high basketball iq which is a coveted trait by the staff...defensively norris uses his elite length to close out on defenders

the gameplan right now is to get miles on campus for an unofficial visit in the very near future

yeah, a 2018 class of marvin bagley iii, jordan brown & miles norris with brandon williams distributing/facilitating would be the cornerstones of a ncca championship team

let's do this#:gobears:

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)#

the cal staff offered miles norris during his unofficial visit with his family to berkeley today
Shocky1
Shocky1;842542923 said:

charlie's dad had a major health complication (stroke) & the family did not fly to berkeley, the cal official visit will be rescheduled

best wishes to the moore family

coach martin & coach webster visited with charlie in morgan park last tuesday
Shocky1
Shocky1;842544946 said:

"raiders got me sick right now":headbang
-ivan rabb

"raidersssss"
-ivan rabb

Shocky1
Shocky1;842483508 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

don't be a dumb azz#

let's do this

multiple sources at cal have indicated that this year's team is working diligently on their academics in the pursuit of the targeted overall team gpa of 3.0, that would be the highest team gpa in over 50 years

bears are smart#
Shocky1
love these guys but not as much as a curvy brunette yoga female...let's be real here, jordan "en fuego" mathews can sack a lunch as quickly as he can knock down a couple of 3 pointers...and yeah, sammy "the gym rat" will not be outworked in either the kitchen or on the basketball court...roman davis is sporting a fuschia apron, it's not pink...what up with jaylen brown's oversized/swollen grey hand?, dude must have a dog bite or something

this is cal basketball#
bar20
mikecohen;842546106 said:

What's the connection with T. J. Leaf? In any case, I remember two Israelis: Shahar Gordon and Amit Tamir

tj leaf, a 6'10" 215 lbs top 12 player in the 2016 from foothills christian high school in el cajon & former arizona decommit will officially visit cal the weekend of october 23rd along with ucla october 30th

leaf has also scheduled in home visits with indiana september 10th, gonzaga september 13th & kansas september 14th

tj plays for his dad brad at foothills christian & was born in israel and played for the israeli national team winning a tournament mvp award this summer in europe

leaf has got a 3.54 gpa & is a member of his school's honor roll, tj is not a dumb azz...still got no idea why he ever even considered an academically mediocre school like arizona

I am sorry if this is over your head. He was born in Israel and played on the Israeli National Team. I was assuming that he is Jewish. He now attends a Christian high school. The same way I feel about Mormon's attending a Catholic high school like De La Salle.
Shocky1
bar20;842551287 said:

I am sorry if this is over your head. He was born in Israel and played on the Israeli National Team. I was assuming that he is Jewish. He now attends a Christian high school. The same way I feel about Mormon's attending a Catholic high school like De La Salle.

bar, trust me, nobody is interested in your messed up racist views of race relations...if you told me you were an out of shape, out of touch old white guy i would believe you

shocky is a mutt#
Shocky1
"dress it up and make it real for me"
-ivan rabb

the pursuit of excellence#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Britney Boyd on growing up in the WNBA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.theplayerstribune.com/brittany-boyd-wnba-liberty/[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
mikecohen;842550184 said:

Dear Shocky: Please identify the folks. I don't know most of them.

ryan meyers, raymond "circus" king, cassidy raher

ron tiongco (manager), greg calvelo (manager), ryan jamison, al grigsby, richard branham, brian hendrick, jason ura (manager), akili jones, bill mellis (manager)

richard midgley, conor famulener, cassidy raher

dick vortmann, jim ashcraft, chris carpenter, coach martin, don lauer

justin labagh, jt stephens, cassidy raher, ryan meyers

coach martin, brian hendrick
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/108645/cal-at-virginia-a-chance-for-two-teams-to-make-early-statements[/COLOR][/SIZE]

bearmanpg
Shocky1;842549408 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2569537-texas-de-dances-before-realizing-kicker-shanked-game-tying-extra-point

not over until it's over#:headbang

Shocky....could you ask your fashionista daughter whether the Chuck Taylor's are the in look or is it just me that thinks they add nothing to this outfit...
mikecohen
bearmanpg;842551626 said:

Shocky....could you ask your fashionista daughter whether the Chuck Taylor's are the in look or is it just me that thinks they add nothing to this outfit...

They humanize her, greatly ameliorizing the faux-sexy, plastic idealizations with which Shocky (for reasons unknown) tends to lard up his otherwise excellent blog.
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842551626 said:

taylor prefers the valentino white/gold open sneakers vs the chuck taylors (which she says she last wore in 3rd grade) but more importantly she just aced her chemistry lab report & ap english essay which is gonna help her gpa in hopefully getting accepted at her dream school, the university of san francisco

her dad likes to rock them ysl kayne wanna be diamonds are forever kicks at cal games

our rescue dogz just like to go commando...paws up

who are you wearing?#
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.