Cal predicted to Beat Stanfraud on Wednesday

1,372 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by polarbear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stanford vs. California prediction from The Arizona Republic

The Arizona Republic's Jeremy Cluff predicts a close game between the Pac-12 rivals, with California winning, 76-73.

He wrote: "These teams played in the regular season finale on March 7 in a game that Stanford won 80-58. California beat Stanford on Jan. 26, 73-71. We think this game will look more like the first matchup."
Go Bears!
calumnus
oskidunker said:

Stanford vs. California prediction from The Arizona Republic

The Arizona Republic's Jeremy Cluff predicts a close game between the Pac-12 rivals, with California winning, 76-73.

He wrote: "These teams played in the regular season finale on March 7 in a game that Stanford won 80-58. California beat Stanford on Jan. 26, 73-71. We think this game will look more like the first matchup."

I think this comes down to Madsen versus Haase. I expect Cal to play with a lot more energy.
polarbear
Maybe this will be the start of a ten game winning streak for Cal. As Lon Simmons used to say when the Giants were way behind in the bottom of the ninth "what a story that would be!".
RedlessWardrobe
Just fyi, Wilner has Furd beating us. He's no better than .500.
sluggo
It appears Cal is running on fumes after having such a short rotation. Also, I think teams have figured out Cal's limited offense. I don't see good things happening, but I hope I am wrong.
OdontoBear66
sluggo said:

It appears Cal is running on fumes after having such a short rotation. Also, I think teams have figured out Cal's limited offense. I don't see good things happening, but I hope I am wrong.

Plenty of rest to regenerate???
RhetoricMajor
This is the vibe I'm riding. Miracle Madsen March, narrated by Lon Simmons. Thank you.
bearsandgiants
sluggo said:

They play a couple games a week, at most, and have an average rotation, as other have shown. No more excuses on that end. Our lack of size down low is pretty much everything. Daws has been shut down by opponents. Stuffed on contested looks. It's painful to watch. And when he kicks out to an open man, we miss wide open shots. This team needs some luck. They're in the right place for it.
calbear80
ESPN gives us a 41% chance of winning (and Stanfraud 59% chance of winning). Let us hope they are wrong.

Go Bears!
HoopDreams
My concern is their 7 foot center

He has improved in the late season and now appears to have put it all together

Daws can't let him get deep position or it's trouble

But our lack of bigs is a huge problem vs Stanford as they start 4 Forwards with their 7 foot center as their 6th man

Cal starts 4 guards, with their 6th man a F

Johnfox
I'm hoping that Daws will have some extra motivation today after getting snubbed from the Pac 12 team.

If we can shut down Raynaud, Spencer, and force Carlyle to throw up random shots, we will win

If we can get Cone going, might as well just quit if your stanford.
Oakbear
sluggo said:

If Cone is hitting his shots, then Cal wins, if he does another low percentage game, then we lose
HoopDreams
Oakbear said:

sluggo said:

If Cone is hitting his shots, then Cal wins, if he does another low percentage game, then we lose
you are probably right ... I think Stanford's length causes Cone issues ... he needs to drive and dish more ... stats from the other games:

Cal88
calbear80 said:

ESPN gives us a 41% chance of winning (and Stanfraud 59% chance of winning). Let us hope they are wrong.

Go Bears!

We're 2pts underdogs according to CBS, so a bit more than 41%.

Go Bears!
Basketball Bear
HoopDreams said:

Oakbear said:

sluggo said:

you are probably right ... I think Stanford's length causes Cone issues ... he needs to drive and dish more ... stats from the other games:

Wow, Cone has only made 3 baskets in the two games against Stanford! Assists are very low also.
oskidunker
If we dont win…

https://www.google.com/search?q=you+shatter+my+world+three+stooges&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3061907d,vid:ZeZcn0CRq3o,st:0
Go Bears!
polarbear
OdontoBear66 said:

sluggo said:

Plenty of rest to regenerate???
So much for the 10 game winning streak, ugh! Much improved season but four losses at the end give it a sour note.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.