Jaylon Tyson has not entered the transfer Portal

3,269 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Oakbear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At least there is that.
Go Bears!
01Bear
oskidunker said:

At least there is that.

He'll likely be on to the NBA next year, though. It's well-deserved. I just hope he lands on a team with good coaches who can develop him into a great NBA player. I think any team will be happy to have him both for his on-court abilities and for his fan engagement.

Good luck, Jaylon! We Cal alumni and fans are rooting for your success at the next level!
Bobodeluxe
If he stays, HE WILL BE THE MAN! Maybe the only man.
dha
He just transferred to Cal. If he has not graduated can he transfer again under the NCAA rules? The bigger risk is he declares for the NBA draft, as now multiple mock drafts show him going int he late first round. Wish him the best. He has game!
Civil Bear
dha said:

He just transferred to Cal. If he has not graduated can he transfer again under the NCAA rules? The bigger risk is he declares for the NBA draft, as now multiple mock drafts show him going int he late first round. Wish him the best. He has game!
Yes, but as you say, it's the NBA draft that is the concern.
oskidunker
Civil Bear said:

dha said:

Anyone know the time line on this?
Go Bears!
BearSD
oskidunker said:

Civil Bear said:

dha said:

Per NBA Draft FAQ

The deadline for a player to put his name into the 2024 NBA draft process is April 27 at 11:59 pm ET.

If a player has put his name into the draft and later wants to withdraw from the draft, the deadline to do that is June 16 at 5:00 pm ET.

The draft takes place on June 26 and 27.
calumnus
BearSD said:

oskidunker said:

Civil Bear said:

dha said:

Per NBA Draft FAQ

The deadline for a player to put his name into the 2024 NBA draft process is April 27 at 11:59 pm ET.

If a player has put his name into the draft and later wants to withdraw from the draft, the deadline to do that is June 16 at 5:00 pm ET.

If he comes back, I feel like Madsen could put together a better team than this past year.
RedlessWardrobe
BearSD said:

oskidunker said:

Civil Bear said:

dha said:

Per NBA Draft FAQ

Great information. So to this point, has he placed his name in the draft process yet?
calfanz
From a very good source….the chances of him coming back to Cal are in the low single digits.

He was great for the program, and I'm thankful he came out to Berkeley, and hope we helped put the TTech experience behind him.

I'll root for him where ever he lands, except if it's an ACC Rival.
bearister
Why risk getting hurt or his stock going down (see Ivan Rabb). Tyson is a lot better than several Cal players that made NBA rosters. He has the game you need at 6'7 to make it in the NBA. If I owned a team, I want him on my team.

"Prospect Profile
Overall, he's a phenomenal offensive engine who can score the ball at a high level and also operate as a secondary facilitator. He's generated a high number of assists for a player of his size, but can also be fairly turnover-prone at times."

NBA Draft Scouting Report: California's Jaylon Tyson - NBA Draft Digest - Latest Draft News and Prospect Rankings

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/prospect-profiles/nba-draft-scouting-report-californias-jaylon-tyson

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Oakbear
wish him well, he has options which many don't

stay at Cal, develop some more, get a quality degree and NIL

perhaps drafted into the NBA, probably the no brainer choice as he gets much bigger money? good opportunity to make it or breakit

Developmental league< money similar to Cal?? maybe or maybe not better opportunity to impress the NBA

go overseas, make good money, get to travel, but very likely not the road to the NBA, but one never knows do one
BearSD
Even if he is a 2nd round pick with a two-way designation on an NBA roster for a team that gives him a lot of G-League games next season, it seems like a better option , because his draft stock might be at its peak now.
Oakbear
BearSD said:

Even if he is a 2nd round pick with a two-way designation on an NBA roster for a team that gives him a lot of G-League games next season, it seems like a better option , because his draft stock might be at its peak now.
could be, he is lucky that he has options, most don't
LudwigsFountain
Oakbear said:

BearSD said:

If he is assured of being drafted I think he should go. Way I look at it, that option adds one more year of peak NBA earnings, assuming he has a long career.
calumnus
The next kid that enters the NBA draft, does not get drafted and wants to return to college, will win in court if the NCAA even tries to stop them.
Oakbear
LudwigsFountain said:

Oakbear said:

BearSD said:

If he is assured of being drafted I think he should go. Way I look at it, that option adds one more year of peak NBA earnings, assuming he has a long career.
As i noted the no brainer choice
BearSD
calumnus said:

The next kid that enters the NBA draft, does not get drafted and wants to return to college, will win in court if the NCAA even tries to stop them.
Would have to be a player who retained his eligibility to come back by completing enough courses in school even after declaring for the draft. The typical path is to leave school as soon as the decision to enter the draft has been made, with the player then beginning full-time training and preparation for the NBA draft combine and individual NBA team workouts.

Also, given that there is already an opportunity to withdraw from the draft ten days before it starts, the NCAA could argue for its rule by saying that missing that deadline is no different from missing a deadline to enter the transfer portal. The NBA would support that position, because their teams want to know that every player who is still in the draft pool on draft day is not returning to college and can't use the threat to return to college as leverage against the team that drafts the player.
bearister
You guys aren't listening. G League? Overseas? HE IS A 1st ROUNDER!

2024 NBA Draft: Why Jaylon Tyson is Worth First-Round Pick - NBA Draft Digest - Latest Draft News and Prospect Rankings

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/the-argument-for-a-jaylon-tyson-first-round-pick
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Oakbear
bearister said:

You guys aren't listening. G League? Overseas? HE IS A 1st ROUNDER!

2024 NBA Draft: Why Jaylon Tyson is Worth First-Round Pick - NBA Draft Digest - Latest Draft News and Prospect Rankings

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/the-argument-for-a-jaylon-tyson-first-round-pick
Before i posted i checked three sites that havr draft predictions, none of them have him going in the first round, so maybe he will (i think it would be great) or maybe he wont note he just said he was worthy, I think all Cal fans think he is worthy, but he makes no prediction as to where in the draft he might go, the ones I looked at all predicted the first round of picks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.