https://www.yahoo.com/sports/john-calipari-buyout-set-record-145347640.html

891 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Bobodeluxe
Oakbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wow, I know if hurts to be a Cal fan, but imagine what UK alums are feeling, a legendary program with a legendary coach and really disappoint

note, I am not sympathetic to them at all, Cal fans really know how to suffer LOL
BearSD

Quote:

Calipari would be owed a buyout of $34,968,749 as of April 1 if he is fired without cause
Texas A&M paid more than twice that amount to buy out their football coach, as noted in the Yahoo article.

Quote:

While Calipari's buyout would be unprecedented for a men's basketball coach, it isn't even half as much as what Texas A&M gave former football coach Jimbo Fisher on his way out the door.

Fisher received a staggering $77 million buyout-with no offset if he took a new job-from Texas A&M after his dismissal last November.
HoopDreams
The fix is simple for UK

Get big NIL fund (should be easy given on how important BB is to school) and bring in more vets to balance their 5 star youth

Of course the locker room will be tougher to manage

Oakbear said:

wow, I know if hurts to be a Cal fan, but imagine what UK alums are feeling, a legendary program with a legendary coach and really disappoint

note, I am not sympathetic to them at all, Cal fans really know how to suffer LOL
BearSD
HoopDreams said:

The fix is simple for UK

Get big NIL fund (should be easy given on how important BB is to school) and bring in more vets to balance their 5 star youth
Agreed. They don't even need to add that many transfers. One upperclassman point guard and another who is a 3-and-D forward would have settled their team enough to probably make the sweet 16.
oski003
HoopDreams said:

The fix is simple for UK

Oakbear said:

Tougher when other teams can pay too.
01Bear
oski003 said:

HoopDreams said:

The fix is simple for UK

Oakbear said:

This.

Screw Calipari. He won by paying for athletes at a time when that wasn't permitted.
Bobodeluxe
01Bear said:

oski003 said:

HoopDreams said:

The fix is simple for UK

Oakbear said:

This.

Screw Calipari. He won by paying for athletes at a time when that wasn't permitted.
lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.