The Official BI Caitlin Clark vs UConn Pre Game and Game thread

6,051 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Chapman_is_Gone
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An ESPN record 14.2 million viewers watch this women's hoops game.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
philbert

bearister
I hate Women's Basketball. I have never, ever been a bandwagon jumper, in fact the opposite (became a huge fan of unknown Peter Frampton after seeing him as a warmup act at Winterland in 1973….dropped him by 1976 when he became cult famous).
Now, with regard to Ms. Clark, I'm a pathetic fanboy….and, if I could speak to her I would say:

*…and I hate myself for saying this, but sometimes when she has barely cleared the half court decal and launches, I quietly say to myself, WHAT THE F@UCK ARE YOU THINKING!
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
philbert said:

Even crazier, there is a legitimate chance that this year's women's national championship game draws more viewers than the men's.

Count me in as one of those who will watch the women's national championship and not the men's. It looks like Iowa's games against LSU, UConn, and South Carolina will end up being the three most watched college women's basketball games all-time for a long time.
Chapman_is_Gone
LOL.

Women's basketball = gross.
concordtom
Lots of words you could choose.
Gross not one of them.
Doesn't work in any way I can fathom you intending it.
ducky23
Chapman_is_Gone said:

LOL.

Maybe you other "elders" on this board can help me out here.

Am I really going to be this out of touch when I get old as well? Is there any hope for me. Or is this my fate 40 years from now?
Chapman_is_Gone
ducky23 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

LOL.

Maybe you other "elders" on this board can help me out here.

Am I really going to be this out of touch when I get old as well? Is there any hope for me. Or is this my fate 40 years from now?
Odd post. I believe we are about the same age. And, as someone who has eschewed both the NBA and the NFL and is a strong supporter of soccer, I am certainly not behind any curves.

I just find women's basketball to be a train wreck...and it generally is.

But don't worry, keep the women's basketball posts on the women's basketball board and you won't have to worry about hearing my opinion on the sport.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.