2024-25 Roster Tracker

22,891 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by oskidunker
WalterSobchak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
12/13

G DJ Campbell | Western Carolina | Stats 3/2
G Vladimir Pavlovic 4/4
G Andrej Stojakovic | Stanford | Stats 4/3
G Christian Tucker | UTSA | Stats 2/1
G Jeremiah Wilkinson | HS 5/4

F Devin Curtis 4/4
F Lee Dort | Vanderbilt | Stats 3/3 (?)
F Jeff Nwankwo | JUCO | Stats 3/2
F Josh Ola-Joseph | Minnesota | Stats 3/2
F BJ Omot | North Dakota | Stats 3/2
F Rytis Petraitis | Air Force | Stats 3/2

C Mady Sissoko | Michigan State | Stats 2/1

---------------------------------

G Kevin Armstrong | HS 5/4
F Gus Larson 4/3

Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
Gkhoury2325
Monte Bowser is transferring if memory serves me correct.
stu
Bowser has entered the portal.

Wilkinson is coming in as a freshman guard.

IMHO Curtis is more a center than a forward.
WalterSobchak
Thanks. Changes made. For Curtis I used calbears.com info. They list him as a F. Do I have WO guys right?

I added stats links and did my best to estimate eligibility. Let me know if changes are needed there too. TIA
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
Gkhoury2325
WalterSobchak said:

Thanks. Changes made. For Curtis I used calbears.com info. They list him as a F. Do I have WO guys right?

Yes
WalterSobchak
Gkhoury2325 said:

WalterSobchak said:

Yes
Thanks

Johnfox
Looks like Tucker at PG, open, open, Omot/Ola-Joseph, open
Pittstop
And the roster is [suddenly] at 11. MM making pretty quick work of restocking the roster after the mass exodus.
Richmondbear2
What does the number/number mean?
Pittstop
Richmondbear2 said:

What does the number/number mean?
years left to exhaust X number of seasons of eligibility.
RedlessWardrobe
Johnfox said:

Looks like Tucker at PG, open, open, Omot/Ola-Joseph, open
Just a gut hunch, but I would make Nwankwo a favorite to be one of the "opens."
parentswerebears
I'm not sure where you are getting 11. I'm counting 9 scholarship players, unless Larson gets one this year.
Pittstop
parentswerebears said:

I'm not sure where you are getting 11. I'm counting 9 scholarship players, unless Larson gets one this year.

Counting total roster spots filled. Scholarship, or no, per WalterSobchak's post.
parentswerebears
Gotcha. This team is starting to come together.
Richmondbear2
Thanks
concernedparent
parentswerebears said:

I think we've replaced or significantly upgraded the roster from last year's besides Tyson and Fardaws' spots.
DaveT

Quote:

I think we've replaced or significantly upgraded the roster from last year's besides Tyson and Fardaws' spots.
At first blush, more depth, better defense, more athleticism. Hard to replace Tyson and Fardaws, but I assume the final two portal adds are a big and a top scoring threat. Hope we have the NIL funds to get our main targets.
HKBear97!
concernedparent said:

parentswerebears said:

Bold statement. On paper, I don't see it, but after last season, probably best to reserve judgement. Last year we had the 8th ranked transfer class coupled with some intriguing returners like Celestine only to be outclassed by mid-major teams OOC and ended up really mediocre in a very mediocre Pac-12. Basically like Colorado football last year - lots of hype with nothing to show for it in the end. Perhaps this year will be the reverse? We'll see.
Oakbear
most probably wont happen, but Tyson coming back would be awesome,

good for us, not so sure good for him, but who knows

Johnfox
From where our roster stands at, Christian Tucker and BJ Omot will be starters. We need a big man and one or two more playmakers (Stojakovic/Petraitis/Mahaney). Ola-Joseph may be able to compete for a starting role.
59bear
Is Celestine firmly committed elsewhere or might he return?
concernedparent
HKBear97! said:

concernedparent said:

parentswerebears said:

Bold statement. On paper, I don't see it, but after last season, probably best to reserve judgement. Last year we had the 8th ranked transfer class coupled with some intriguing returners like Celestine only to be outclassed by mid-major teams OOC and ended up really mediocre in a very mediocre Pac-12. Basically like Colorado football last year - lots of hype with nothing to show for it in the end. Perhaps this year will be the reverse? We'll see.
I didn't say we are a better team now than last year. Just that our new rotation/role guys are better than our rotation guys last year. Whether or not we will be better as an entire team hinges on who we can pickup to be our focal players. Remember that the 8th ranked transfer class was floated mostly by Tyson and Daws who I explicitly left out in my comment.

Kennedy and Celestine: Good if not limited players. I think our better transfers will equal their production.
Cone: Asked to do too much; bad defense, inefficient shooting. In the right situation he could've been a very valuable player for us but that didn't happen. Liked him as an ambassador for the program but the production didn't match what we thought we had coming in. I'm not sweating the loss.
Rodney Brown: Nice potential but very little production last year.
Grant Newell: Similar. Limited actual production last year.
Okafor: Potential sure but non-entity in terms of production.
Askew: Addition by subtraction.
Bowser: non-entity.
HKBear97!
concernedparent said:

HKBear97! said:

concernedparent said:

parentswerebears said:

I didn't say we are a better team now than last year. Just that our new rotation/role guys are better than our rotation guys last year. Whether or not we will be better as an entire team hinges on who we can pickup to be our focal players. Remember that the 8th ranked transfer class was floated mostly by Tyson and Daws who I explicitly left out in my comment.

Kennedy and Celestine: Good if not limited players. I think our better transfers will equal their production.
Cone: Asked to do too much; bad defense, inefficient shooting. In the right situation he could've been a very valuable player for us but that didn't happen. Liked him as an ambassador for the program but the production didn't match what we thought we had coming in. I'm not sweating the loss.
Rodney Brown: Nice potential but very little production last year.
Grant Newell: Similar. Limited actual production last year.
Askew: Addition by subtraction.
Bowser: non-entity.
I see, although, still not convinced. I really liked Kennedy and agree with your take on Cone. However, I would have loved to see what Celestine could do with another year under this staff and farther removed from his injuries. Also thought Brown and Newell showed promise and similar to Celestine, would have been intrigued to see their progress with another year. Agree on Bowser and Askew.

Regardless of how the team fills out, I'll withhold judgement until well into the OOC schedule.

HoopDreams
don't under estimate the impact Kennedy made.
If he was healthy early we don't lose those games and the season would look different.

with Kennedy we finished tied for the top half of the conference, with a couple losses on the last shot or in OT

I think our six deep was plenty good. It was after those six where we struggled.

RedlessWardrobe
Looks like we went a whole day without picking up a player. Madsen's really slowing down!
oskidunker
RedlessWardrobe said:

Looks like we went a whole day without picking up a player. Madsen's really slowing down!

The return of Chauca…
Go Bears!
Intuit
Another Monday has lapsed and still hoping for an announcement that California has a commitment from Stojakovic, Petraitis, and Mahaney plus an unidentified (very) big.
Johnfox
Justice Ajogbor?
barsad
Why is Larson crossed out? I thought he was getting a scholarship this year. If Vlad is getting one Gus should get one, too. I like a couple individuals on this roster, but it still seems like one big question mark.
The center recruiting situation is desperate… without a big man this roster is toast in the ACC. I guess we must have faith/hope that Madsen has a rabbit (Ajogbor? But after one year, then what?) to pull out of his hat.
What other centers are still on the menu?
Intuit
Could everyone be surprised by the commitment and signing of a developed International center? One can always hope.
Civil Bear
barsad said:

Why is Larson crossed out? I thought he was getting a scholarship this year. If Vlad is getting one Gus should get one, too. I like a couple individuals on this roster, but it still seems like one big question mark.
The center recruiting situation is desperate… without a big man this roster is toast in the ACC. I guess we must have faith/hope that Madsen has a rabbit (Ajogbor? But after one year, then what?) to pull out of his hat.
In the portal.
HKBear97!
HoopDreams said:

don't under estimate the impact Kennedy made.
If he was healthy early we don't lose those games and the season would look different.

with Kennedy we finished tied for the top half of the conference, with a couple losses on the last shot or in OT

I think our six deep was plenty good. It was after those six where we struggled.

To be fair, we also had some close wins in regulation and OT(Stanford, USC, Washington, Washington State), Not to mention the terrible stretch at the end. Kennedy is a great piece to the puzzle, but let's not oversell it!
WalterSobchak
Civil Bear said:

barsad said:

In the portal.
Right. In the portal but confirmed by 4thGen to have the option to return. If he commits elsewhere I will delete him like the others. If he returns I will remove the strikethrough.

3Cats4CAL
Intuit said:

Another Monday has lapsed and still hoping for an announcement that California has a commitment from Stojakovic, Petraitis, and Mahaney plus an unidentified (very) big.

What are our current chances for any of these 3 guys? Could it be weeks before knowing???
HearstMining
Just saw that Zion Sensley decommitted from St Mary's. Maybe he's going for the father/son NCAA record for total number of commits/decommits . . .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.