2024-25 Roster Tracker

25,117 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by RedlessWardrobe
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HearstMining said:

Just saw that Zion Sensley decommitted from St Mary's. Maybe he's going for the father/son NCAA record for total number of commits/decommits . . .

Makes sense
Go Bears!
calumnus
oskidunker said:

HearstMining said:

Just saw that Zion Sensley decommitted from St Mary's. Maybe he's going for the father/son NCAA record for total number of commits/decommits . . .

Makes sense

Yes, with Mahaney leaving. We were one of his finalists, so maybe….
3Cats4CAL
I just read that Kentucky /Pope is heavily interested in Stojakovic and vice versa, etc..it is ironic that Fox is now associate coach at Kentucky !?!
dha
Agree HK. Last year we had two portal players ranked in the top 50, with Tyson a top 20 or even top 10. Turns out he was a top five. The highest rated player this seems to be 100+. And we have only one HS recruit. Coaches best pull a few rabbits out of the hat soon, or it will be a long first season in the ACC.
concernedparent
3Cats4CAL said:

I just read that Kentucky /Pope is heavily interested in Stojakovic and vice versa, etc..it is ironic that Fox is now associate coach at Kentucky !?!
Hope Fox is the lead recruiter.
parentswerebears
dha said:

Agree HK. Last year we had two portal players ranked in the top 50, with Tyson a top 20 or even top 10. Turns out he was a top five. The highest rated player this seems to be 100+. And we have only one HS recruit. Coaches best pull a few rabbits out of the hat soon, or it will be a long first season in the ACC.

I wonder if this year Madsen is preparing more for a run next year, seeing as how most of these guys have at least 2 to play, except Tucker. It may be that last year he wanted to make a quick splash to get interest back in the program and now is when he really starts building.
barsad
I don't think there is any such thing as a long-term building strategy in this version of college basketball. I think Madsen is struggling to put together some type of roster that can play .500 ball, just like most of his colleagues in the Nos. 50-150 KenPom range of teams. Then we'll go through the same thing in a year. 2 years of eligibility with no guarantees on the portal doesn't really help a coach vs a 1-and-done roster.
barsad
Thanks for tracking the roster, Walter, much needed these days. Can you update the list with a "projected starter" label. A matter of opinion, I know, but right now I see only three starters, Tucker, Nwankwo and Omot. Fingers crossed another two show up in the next month.
barsad
3Cats4CAL said:

I am speechless that Fox has a job anywhere, let alone a blueblood team. I thought my Fox rage was behind me, but this just picks at that scab. Of all the people who do not deserve to "land on their feet," he's at the top of my list.
Civil Bear
barsad said:

3Cats4CAL said:

I am speechless that Fox has a job anywhere, let alone a blueblood team. I thought my Fox rage was behind me, but this just picks at that scab. Of all the people who do not deserve to "land on their feet," he's at the top of my list.
Couldn't care less. I refuse to let him live rent-free in my head.
parentswerebears
Stojakovic… who's the other commit?
BearGreg
Staff
parentswerebears said:

Stojakovic… who's the other commit?
Bear Insider Premium - Haas Pavilion has all the recruiting scoop
parentswerebears
Thanks Greg! I'm going to have to wait.
WalterSobchak
Sorry I slept in and was just lazing around the house. Did something happen?
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
OdontoBear66
concernedparent said:

3Cats4CAL said:

Hope Fox is the lead recruiter.
Or even the NIL director as at G'town.
bearsandgiants
Can Tyson opt out of the draft if he falls to the second round? I feel like knowing he could be back would inspire donors to come up with an extra million pretty quick.
brevity
bearsandgiants said:

Can Tyson opt out of the draft if he falls to the second round? I feel like knowing he could be back would inspire donors to come up with an extra million pretty quick.
Jonathan Givony of ESPN reported that Jaylon Tyson is all in, and not returning to college:

"I am going to forgo my remaining eligibility and enter the draft," Tyson said. "I am in Las Vegas getting ready right now."
JB was a Chieftain
Sounds like Petraitis is done deal! Go Bears!!!!
calumnus
JB was a Chieftain said:

Sounds like Petraitis is done deal! Go Bears!!!!

Or Boyed?
barsad
Andrej is our 4th starter, great get for Madsen. Now my kingdom for a 7-footer. Petraitis is OK (let's remember that Air Force had 9 wins last year, 7 against patsies), but he's not the new Fardaws.
bearsandgiants
barsad said:

Andrej is our 4th starter, great get for Madsen. Now my kingdom for a 7-footer. Petraitis is OK (let's remember that Air Force had 9 wins last year, 7 against patsies), but he's not the new Fardaws.

If he can hold onto rebounds, play defense and limit turnovers, he'll be at least as impactful.
RedlessWardrobe
WalterSobchak said:

G DJ Campbell | Western Carolina | Stats 3/2
G Vladimir Pavlovic 4/4
G Andrej Stojakovic | Stanford | Stats 4/3
G Christian Tucker | UTSA | Stats 2/1
G Jeremiah Wilkinson | HS 5/4

F Devin Curtis 4/4
F Jeff Nwankwo | JUCO ?/?
F Josh Ola-Joseph | Minnesota | Stats 3/2
F BJ Omot | North Dakota | Stats 3/2

C Lee Dort | Vanderbilt | Stats ?/?

---------------------------------

G Kevin Armstrong | HS 5/4
F Gus Larson 4/3

This is great stuff. My apologies for being so lazy, but at this point based on the above, how many schollies are still available? My guess is 3 assuming Armstrong is a walk on, right?
Civil Bear
RedlessWardrobe said:

WalterSobchak said:

G Vladimir Pavlovic 4/4

F Devin Curtis 4/4

F Gus Larson 4/3

This is great stuff. My apologies for being so lazy, but at this point based on the above, how many schollies are still available? My guess is 3 assuming Armstrong is a walk on, right?
Yup.
59bear
bearsandgiants said:

Or, could a young guy who turned pro with years of eligibility but flopped come back to school? Since the NCAA seems ever more impotent do any of it's regulations on eligibility matter anymore?
Pittstop
barsad said:

Wasn't AF in the NCAA Tournament this past season? I'm pretty sure I read an article about them upsetting NM (or NM St.) on a Petraitis 3 with 7 seconds left on the clock. And another about him having a triple double against UNLV (in another win) for like only the 2nd triple double in AF history (or something like that).
stu
Pittstop said:

barsad said:

Wasn't AF in the NCAA Tournament this past season? I'm pretty sure I read an article about them upsetting NM (or NM St.) on a Petraitis 3 with 7 seconds left on the clock. And another about him having a triple double against UNLV (in another win) for like only the 2nd triple double in AF history (or something like that).
Air Force was 9 - 22 overall, 2 - 16 in conference. They lost their first game in the MWC Tournament and did not play thereafter.

https://goairforcefalcons.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
concernedparent
barsad said:

Really underselling Petraitis. He put up incredible stats (counting and efficiency); that's not easy to do. We've had a lot of volume scorers on our bad teams and they've all had dog**** efficiency. His team being overmatched is not his fault. Petraitis is a huge floor raiser and his instinctive play (he's an opportunistic scorer, a good passer, and good on helpside D... he averaged 1.5 steals and a block a game while being a below average athlete) will make him an important contributor.
Oakbear
looks like we still need one more big man?? rest of the team looks reasonably well stocked, at least competent bodies to work with , but just one big guy and then Curtis who while tall is not really very big, tho perhaps hitting the weight room might have bulked him out a bit, younguns can add bulk
01Bear
Civil Bear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

WalterSobchak said:

G Vladimir Pavlovic 4/4

F Devin Curtis 4/4

F Gus Larson 4/3

Yup.

With Rytis Petraitis, that means Cal's down to 2 scholarships, right?

With Mady Sissoko predicted to go to Cal (and assuming he does), that means Cal will have one scholarship left. That likely means Cal, at best, will only be able to land either Aidan Mahaney or Noah Boyed (unless one of them opts to pay out of pocket), right?
parentswerebears
Are we actually even close with Mahaney or Boyed?
WalterSobchak
Added scholarship count at top. Don't want to try to project starters as that's above my pay grade. Armstrong listed as WO per Faraudo. Larson listed as WO per 4thGen.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
oskidunker
WalterSobchak said:

Added scholarship count at top. Don't want to try to project starters as that's above my pay grade. Armstrong listed as WO per Faraudo. Larson listed as WO per 4thGen.

What is WO?
Go Bears!
01Bear
oskidunker said:

WalterSobchak said:

What is WO?

Walk-on.
concernedparent
parentswerebears said:

I would be absolutely shocked if we landed Mahaney. I don't think we can afford him.
parentswerebears
concernedparent said:

parentswerebears said:

I would be absolutely shocked if we landed Mahaney. I don't think we can afford him.
that's what I was thinking too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.