cal's monster class deux

1,376,468 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
NVBear78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom;842728375 said:

UW has the # what ranked player coming in next year?
Coach Romar's godson?
Yeah, right!
You're like Trump. Just keep saying things and hope all the stupid people out there will believe you.

Hate to say to have to say it Tom but this is a really stupid post, now let's get back to Kumbayah and Go Bears!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]how cool will it be to root for this dude next year?
and what player wouldn't want to play with him?[/SIZE]

parentswerebears
HoopDreams;842728531 said:

[SIZE=5]how cool will it be to root for this dude next year?
and what player wouldn't want to play with him?[/SIZE]

Amen!
89Bear
Shocky1;842728504 said:

coach martin & coach jones had an exceptional in house visit with troy brown jr & his family last nite in las vegas, it could not have gone better

yeah troy is a top 10 player in the 2017 class & would be a valuable addition to cal's all the way up class (2017) along with jemarl baker & juhwan harris dyson but there's a lot more to brown than just playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

what do you need to know about this unique recruitment?

*****troy brown jr like ivan rabb, jaylen brown & jordan brown is a reader of the cal's monster class...the university of california, berkeley is recognized worldwide as an agent for social change & for celebrating free speech, the ongoing civil rights/black lives matter movement & full expression of the individual (including koko & zippy the pinhead)...uptight highly conservative non cal grads will probably never truly appreciate this remarkable gift, the cal's monster class appeals to those that are open minded & with a strong sense of humor, troy is one of those guys

*****the key basketball factor in his upcoming november decision will be his preference for playing the 1...6'6" 200 lbs troy spent time with 6'5" 205 lbs tyrone wallace during his unofficial visit to berkeley & t-wall told him about the staff's creative scheming for a tall point guard which resulted in tyrone being drafted in the 2nd round of the 2016 nba draft by the utah jazz...brown is an unselfish team player & can also slide to the 2 & 3 when charlie moore runs the point

*****troy brown jr & jaylen brown have a close big bro type relationship that predates jaylen committing to cal without an official visit (jb took a "secret" unofficial visit)...they continue to talk & both have a common bond in that neither wants basketball to solely define them...jaylen has shared his thoughts on the cal experience & what it's meant to him in terms of his personal growth as a renaissance man/citizen of the world

troy is a highly talented artist, his aau teammates gave him **** this summer re: his flower drawings

jaylen is an avid chess player & he told me that he co produced & engineered "keep me company" for the atlanta based tribe akashic linked below, love this song & its message

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

both are interested in world/societal issues, they both got a perspective of life that suggests light years of maturity...troy is aware that jaylen left the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world with a 3.2 gpa at cal before signing a ten million+ dollars contract with the boston celtics

*****the #1 factor in troy's decision will be his relationships with the program's staff & particularly the head coach...criminal dana altman & the donut boy of tuscon do not present themselves in a forthright way like coach martin, there's no comparison...wyking & coach martin have built close trusting relationships with the entire brown family during the last 2+ years
[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

*****troy brown jr is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa with honors & advanced placement classes at centennial high school in las vegas...other than cal & georgetown his other 6 finalists (alabama, oregon, arizona, ohio state, unlv & kansas) are academically mediocre schools...look closely at this foto, this is a young man that is mentally limitless with academic ambition that is cognizant that there's life after basketball

*****troy is interested in majoring in communications, cal offers the nationally recongized media studies major in the school of letters & science...his sister jada is a broadcast communications major at kansas & also writes a sports blog (that is not as obnoxious as the cal's monster class)

*****the brown family is very tight, troy brown sr attends almost all of his games & often with his wife & 2 daughters when possible...oakland airport on southwest airlines offers the fastest & best price value for quick affordable gameday trips from las vegas...lawrence & columbus not so much, tuscaloosa forget about it

*****the bay area's fabulous year round weather is as good as it gets

troy, good luck in your decision...jemarl & juhwan got the california golden bears uber helicopter fueled up & ready to roll to pick you up if you wanna go all the way up to them berkeley hills, nothing can stop you

50 year decision#:gobears:

Sounds like a great person, just like Jaylen!!!
Vineyardview
Well, Shocky

I, like you, was pleased to read Ryan Gorcey's very optimistic sentiment concerning the quality the Cal coaches recent visit with Troy and the Brown family. He is a key recruit this cycle and I am very hopeful that he concludes that Cal is the best choice for him. Notwithstanding the acknowledged great relationship and highly comfortable "in home" visit there remains tough competition for this outstanding prospect.

His commitment to Cal would go a long way to pushing this pending group from good to great. The next 60 days portends to be very interesting for Cal basketball fans.
concordtom
NVBear78;842728512 said:

Hate to say to have to say it Tom but this is a really stupid post, now let's get back to Kumbayah and Go Bears!

Not really.
Michael Porter is ranked #2 and is Romar's godson.
If UW fires Romar, Porter would surely decommit.
UW is not going to fire Romar and lose the #2 player, along with whatever else they got going.
Sure, he may not be a great coach at getting W's, at least not nearly enough to match expectations, but he remains a very good recruiter.
Anyways, Trump has shown me, taught me, amazed me, at how if you just keep saying something over and over and over and over and over, that eventually people start to believe you - whether there is actual truth to it or not.
You can fool most of the people most of the time.
This thread practices that mantra. It's actually brilliant, because it works - MOST OF THE TIME.
concordtom
Shocky1;842728504 said:

coach martin & coach jones had an exceptional in house visit with troy brown jr & his family last nite in las vegas, it could not have gone better

yeah troy is a top 10 player in the 2017 class & would be a valuable addition to cal's all the way up class (2017) along with jemarl baker & juhwan harris dyson but there's a lot more to brown than just playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

what do you need to know about this unique recruitment?

*****troy brown jr like ivan rabb, jaylen brown & jordan brown is a reader of the cal's monster class...the university of california, berkeley is recognized worldwide as an agent for social change & for celebrating free speech, the ongoing civil rights/black lives matter movement & full expression of the individual (including koko & zippy the pinhead)...uptight highly conservative non cal grads will probably never truly appreciate this remarkable gift, the cal's monster class appeals to those that are open minded & with a strong sense of humor, troy is one of those guys

*****the key basketball factor in his upcoming november decision will be his preference for playing the 1...6'6" 200 lbs troy spent time with 6'5" 205 lbs tyrone wallace during his unofficial visit to berkeley & t-wall told him about the staff's creative scheming for a tall point guard which resulted in tyrone being drafted in the 2nd round of the 2016 nba draft by the utah jazz...brown is an unselfish team player & can also slide to the 2 & 3 when charlie moore runs the point

*****troy brown jr & jaylen brown have a close big bro type relationship that predates jaylen committing to cal without an official visit (jb took a "secret" unofficial visit)...they continue to talk & both have a common bond in that neither wants basketball to solely define them...jaylen has shared his thoughts on the cal experience & what it's meant to him in terms of his personal growth as a renaissance man/citizen of the world

troy is a highly talented artist, his aau teammates gave him **** this summer re: his flower drawings

jaylen is an avid chess player & he told me that he co produced & engineered "keep me company" for the atlanta based tribe akashic linked below, love this song & its message

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

both are interested in world/societal issues, they both got a perspective of life that suggests light years of maturity...troy is aware that jaylen left the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world with a 3.2 gpa at cal before signing a ten million+ dollars contract with the boston celtics

*****the #1 factor in troy's decision will be his relationships with the program's staff & particularly the head coach...criminal dana altman & the donut boy of tuscon do not present themselves in a forthright way like coach martin, there's no comparison...wyking & coach martin have built close trusting relationships with the entire brown family during the last 2+ years
[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

*****troy brown jr is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa with honors & advanced placement classes at centennial high school in las vegas...other than cal & georgetown his other 6 finalists (alabama, oregon, arizona, ohio state, unlv & kansas) are academically mediocre schools...look closely at this foto, this is a young man that is mentally limitless with academic ambition that is cognizant that there's life after basketball

*****troy is interested in majoring in communications, cal offers the nationally recongized media studies major in the school of letters & science...his sister jada is a broadcast communications major at kansas & also writes a sports blog (that is not as obnoxious as the cal's monster class)

*****the brown family is very tight, troy brown sr attends almost all of his games & often with his wife & 2 daughters when possible...oakland airport on southwest airlines offers the fastest & best price value for quick affordable gameday trips from las vegas...lawrence & columbus not so much, tuscaloosa forget about it

*****the bay area's fabulous year round weather is as good as it gets

troy, good luck in your decision...jemarl & juhwan got the california golden bears uber helicopter fueled up & ready to roll to pick you up if you wanna go all the way up to them berkeley hills, nothing can stop you

50 year decision#:gobears:

Nice report, Shocky.
For real, no fooling! :p
parentswerebears
How are things going with Brandon McCoy? I see on other sites that Cal is doing well, but is that accurate?
Vineyardview
Concordtom

Before you go all Shocky "fanguy" you should take the time to read the Ryan Gorcey Scout article and consider the source of the optimistic comments.

http://www.scout.com/college/california/story/1707078-troy-brown-breaks-down-cal-visit

Catfish, macaroni and home cooking greet Cuonzo Martin and Wyking Jones during in-home visit with five-star Troy Brown

Troy Brown has a special relationship with Jaylen Brown, and after more than two years building a relationship with Cal coaches Cuonzo Martin and Wyking Jones, he invited them into his home on Wednesday night for an in-home visit.

Five-star point guard Troy Brown's mother hails from Texas, so when she cooked dinner for California basketball coaches Cuonzo Martin and Wyking Jones ("He's been the main focus of my recruiting," Brown said of Jones) on Tuesday, she made sure to give them a down-home meal: Catfish, macaroni, corn, chicken wings, cake and ice cream.

"She knows how to cook," laughed the five-star out of Las Vegas (Nev.) Centennial.

When the meal was over, it was time to talk turkey, but with the relationship between Martin and Brown extending back more than two years, soon, a hush fell over the room.

"Honestly, it was funny, because coach Martin gave a big spiel and was talking to us about the stuff that was going on with their program, and their roster, and how they need me to come in and be a big factor, and at the end of it, there was nothing else left to say," Brown said. "I mean, he's been very real about everything he's told me. At the end of the conversation, we were all sitting there, quiet, because we already knew how we felt about the school. I have such a good relationship with them."

The evening in-home visit saw Martin and Jones join Brown, his mother and father, and his AAU coach in his Nevada home. After more than two years, they know each other well, and Brown certainly knows the Bears.

"I feel like they have a good program, thy develop players very well, and I see them having a big year, this year, coming up," Brown said. "He's very straight-forward, he tells me everything that will happen, if I do go to Cal. He was explaining all the stuff he could help me with, and all the stuff he could help me develop, and turn me into a better player."

In recent weeks, Kansas and Oregon have been by Brown's house this fall, with a couple more schools coming up in the next couple of weeks. What sets Martin apart is the sense of familiarity, and the ease with which he and Brown communicate.

"I was talking to him for so long, it's just sitting down and talking -- there's never an awkward conversation," Brown said. "I've had a good relationship with him for so long, that's how he differentiates [himself]."

Brown hopes to make his college decision by the Nov. 16 start of the early signing period, and has four main criteria, which he outlined, and then on which he spoke more in-depth:

"One, will be me having a great relationship with the coach," Brown said. "That's everything, especially playing point guard. I need to have a good relationship with the coach, and make sure that we're on the same page, on and off the court."

Martin, Brown said, is "very in-tune" with the players on campus, and that's what he wants, as a point guard. He learned how valuable that relationship is from the No. 60 overall pick in this year's NBA Draft, Tyrone Wallace, who was on hand when Brown unofficially visited the Bears earlier this year. Like the 6-foot-7 Brown, Wallace, too, is a long guard, at 6-foot-6.

"When I went on my unofficial, I talked to him, and we hung out, watched a workout, stuff like that," Brown said. "He talked about how coach Martin and coach Jones would try to set him up for him to be a good point guard, to put him in situations for him to look good as a point guard, especially with his teammates and picking up pieces, doing roles that need to be done, and not just going out and getting every superstar or things like that."

"Staff, I would say, is third," Brown said. "Just the people around the coach, making sure I have a good relationship with everybody -- the trainer, the nutritionist, stuff like that, just making sure I feel comfortable in that area."

During his unofficial visit, Brown met strength training guru Nicodemus Christopher, who also serves as a team nutritionist.

"He was a great guy," Brown said. "They were in the middle of doing a workout, and he was talking to me, letting me know different ways to help my body."

"Then, academics," Brown said. "I understand that basketball is eventually going to stop for me, and I want to be able to pursue broadcast communications, and just try to get a good relationship with people, while I'm in college."

Martin, recently, on the Jim Rome Show, revealed that No. 3 overall NBA Draft pick Jaylen Brown left Berkeley with a 3.2 GPA. Academics are important to Troy Brown, just as they were to Jaylen. In fact, before Jaylen ever visited Berkeley, he and Troy became close, and have remained so.

"I know Jaylen on a very personal level," Troy Brown said. "He's like a big brother to me, someone who I know I can always go to and talk to. That's the expectation from him. He set that bar. He doesn't like to be average. I know if he's in the classroom, he's going to be good."

The pair of Browns met during USA Basketball and Elite 24 workouts before he signed with the Bears.

"We both think differently," Troy Brown sad. "Jaylen has a certain itch to him. He doesn't act like the regular, typical basketball player, I would say. I'm kind of the same way. Having the same personality traits, acting the same, it just ld us to get along. Especially with him being older than me, he looked after me a little bit."

While Jaylen Brown is a chess whiz, Troy Brown prefers more solitary pursuits, but, like the older Brown, still unique.

"Not exactly in his particular areas, but I have niches for myself," Troy Brown said. "If I'm able to make it to the NBA, I want to invest in video games. I love to draw. Drawing is one of my huge things that I love to do. I love to draw. It used to be very serious for me, but as time started moving faster, I didn't have a lot of time to just draw. Naturally, now, whenever I'm on an airplane, or I can't get to sleep, I always have a note pad with me, or something, and I'll draw anything that comes to mind. Sometimes, I'll just see logos and stuff, or I'll mimic it, or landscapes, or I'll see an action shot of LeBron [James] and I'll screen shot it and try to sketch it."

Alabama will stop by on Sunday, and Georgetown will come by on Monday, for Brown, who has taken an official visit to Tuscaloosa, and to Ohio State. Next up on the official visit list is Oregon next weekend (the Ducks visited on Wednesday) and then the Jayhawks the weekend after that, followed by the Hoyas the very next weekend.

Having already visited unofficially, Brown said he doesn't need to take an official to Berkeley. Since he has a top eight, he wanted to use his official visits on the more far-flung options, while paying unofficials to the schools -- Cal, Arizona and UNLV -- closest to him, and the cheapest to visit.

"I wanted to make sure I visited all eight schools, before I made this decision," Brown said. "I've taken unofficials to Arizona, Cal and UNLV, so I had five official visits left, and that's how I made the visits.

"Hopefully, I get this done by November, and I can enjoy my senior season. It's been a little bit hectic."

Shocky1
a major factor in last season's team inability to achieve their full potential was the failure to capitalize on free throw opportunities particularly during crunch time, the bear shot only 65.6% which was dead last in the pac 12 (colorado shot 73.4% in leading the pac 12 from the charity stripe)

let's be real here, miss paddlebrooks a 63 year old recess monitor at montera middle school could shoot the ******* ball better than that:headbang

love my guys t-wall (64.9%) & jaylen (65.4%) but you need the guys handling the ball at the end of the game to be moneyball free throw shooters to win championships, that didn't happen last season

that's why the staff is excited about the 2017 possibility of the 3 headed point guard monster of troy brown jr, charlie moore & jemarl baker all being on the floor together during the last 5 minutes of each half during bonus time with all 3 1s handling the ball & knocking down 80%+ of their free throws, that's gonna win a lotta games

as miss paddlebrooks like to tell asha, paris & young ivee when she takes their balls away after recess, "this **** is getting live"

troy "t-wall jr" brown jr

charlie "the baby face distriubtor" moore

jemarl "let it fly" baker

sometimes it's not as important how you shoot your free throws but who's shooting them

yeah, making free throws is giant:rant

cal's 3 head point guard monster (ice in their veins)#
Shocky1
don't tell nobody but in an cal's monster class exclusive announcement troy brown jr is actually rza from the wu tang clan

let's be real here, i (along with every nba scout that i talked to during the early pregame warmups last season) wished jabari played with as much ******* energy as troy/rza on a consistent basis...unfortunately the bird man played with the energy of banks all too often on the road, he gotta relentlessly fly with shocky level crazy azz fury regardless of the venue this season if he's gonna get minted in the nba

man i wish all of them california golden bears played with the energy of my boy nick hamilton, he's giant

knock somebody on their azz#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jaylen Brown is a special player and true leader
you could see it the day he stepped on campus, and on the court
And he has a strong connection to the University
I will closely follow Jaylen Brown in the NBA as one of his biggest fans[/SIZE]

Shocky1
after further reflection i'm no longer recommending that troy brown jr commit to the university of california, berkeley

with his numerous touring & recording commitments as rza of the wu tang clan, there's not enough hours in the day for troy/rza to also do the necessary classwork at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world, further develop his skills/passion for painting & play basketball

troy/rza should therefore attend a **** for academics school like oregon with a 76.1% acceptance rate that will only ask him to play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

i dunno maybe troy (3.7 gpa) & ira lee (3.8 gpa) could room together at oregon's honors college which is exclusively reserved for those incoming freshmen with at least a 2.85 gpa, this is a strict requirement that that doesn't have any flexibility, nobody with a ged has ever been accepted by oregon admissions into the honors college yet

and when troy & ira (who will miss almost half his career high school games because of injuries, he's one more major injury away from his basketball days being done forever) leave oregon then they can work/will be qualified together as nite shift supervisors at the medford truck stop...eventually they will meet a couple of lot lizards with cfm pumps that are gonna tell them they're dtf & then they will get horribly painful stds & die

their deathbed conversation will probably sound something like this:

troy: ira, i've been doing some thinking, do you think shocky was right and that we should've gone to berkeley back in the day?...maybe we should've been mentally limitless with academic ambition and should've read books and **** like that instead of just being naively stubborn dumb azz basketball players for altman...a mind is a terrible thing to waste and we really didn't use basketball, basketball used us...what do you think, ira, in retrospect should've we been more cognizant of the ephemeral nature of our basketball careers?

ira: wut?
petalumabear
Shocky1;842728911 said:

troy should attend a **** for academics school like oregon with a 95% acceptance rate

i dunno maybe troy & ira lee could room together at oregon's honors college which is exclusively reserved for those incoming freshmen with at least a 2.85 gpa
when troy & ira leave oregon then they can work/will be qualified together as nite shift supervisors at the medford truck ?

It's absolutely amazing the amount of bogus bullsh^t you post and the moderators tolerate. Childish likes to hang with stupid I guess. NONE of the numbers you post are close to accurate.. Not even for Arizona State where you claim your spouse matriculated as a hostess I suppose. Get a f>ck1ng life you worthless liar.
Shocky1
petalumabear;842728940 said:

It's absolutely amazing the amount of bogus bullsh^t you post and the moderators tolerate. Childish likes to hang with stupid I guess. NONE of the numbers you post are close to accurate.. Not even for Arizona State where you claim your spouse matriculated as a hostess I suppose. Get a f>ck1ng life you worthless liar.

hope your son's oregon degree came with a money back guarantee or something
petalumabear
Shocky1;842728944 said:

hope your son's oregon degree came with a money back guarantee or something

Up yours bunghole. Don't let the priests counsel your daughter,
Shocky1

what up jemarl & juhwan?

hope you're enjoying your uber helicopter rides tonite on your official visits to the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world, go all the way up

whatever you do tomorrow morning, don't ask coach martin, coach webster, coach jones, coach green or marco harris if you can borrow their combs, ok?...that will not end well for you, don't be a dumb azz

Shocky1;842728095 said:

jemarl baker & juhwan harris dyson are both gonna take their official visits to berkeley this weekend

jemarl & juhwan, if i see you around haas pavilion and/or memorial stadium for the texas football game, i'm probably gonna ask you "where you live?"

since recruits can never speak to donors, just point to the hills

this **** is getting live

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (accessible by uber helicopters)

cal's all the way up class (2017)#:bravo
Shocky1

juhwan harris dyson aka the spider fly doing some kinda weird yoga warm up, that's the superhero thing

cal's all the way up class (2017)#:acclaim:
89Bear
petalumabear;842728945 said:

Up yours bunghole. Don't let the priests counsel your daughter,

Maybe you are taking this a tad too seriously??????
Shocky1

happy b-day marcus lee

marcus, do you & koko got the same barber?...that zippy fade is something else, yeah we're off to the races

own apple (not krispy kreme)#:tree
dal9

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/joke

noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Home opener[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;nyDQzz6oGo4][/video]
concordtom
Vineyardview;842728699 said:

Concordtom

Before you go all Shocky "fanguy" you should take the time to read the Ryan Gorcey Scout article and consider the source of the optimistic comments.

Hey, that's pretty laughable, Vineyard.
Me? Be a Shocky fanguy? Ha ha ha...
That would be like if half the electorate were suddenly to forget all the major offenses, gaffes, lies, and character idiocy that Trump has committed over the last year, switch on a dime, and vote for them. Like, short memory, right? Oh, wait, I think that half is called The Deplorables... But I digress...

No, it is only proper to praise the behavior that one does desire, and not just focus on the bad behavior. While the stick can cause an immediate and quick response, for long term results people respond better to the carrot than the stick. It's how I treat children, my own and those I coach on the soccer team. I've been told that a ratio of 6 praises for every criticism is the proper mix. Unfortunately, I've only been able to manage 1-6 here.
Shocky may be quite childish at times, but no matter - this works equally with adults just the same as children.

Oh, gosh, there I go again, offering more insults.
Damn you, Vineyard, you've lowered my ratio to 1-8.

But thanks for posting the longer article! :p
I did notice that his post was largely stolen goods from elsewhere. Oh, hell. Make that 1-9. Plagiarism. Like Melania.
concordtom
Vineyardview;842728699 said:

Alabama will stop by on Sunday, and Georgetown will come by on Monday, for Brown, who has taken an official visit to Tuscaloosa, and to Ohio State. Next up on the official visit list is Oregon next weekend (the Ducks visited on Wednesday) and then the Jayhawks the weekend after that, followed by the Hoyas the very next weekend.

Having already visited unofficially, Brown said he doesn't need to take an official to Berkeley. Since he has a top eight, he wanted to use his official visits on the more far-flung options, while paying unofficials to the schools -- Cal, Arizona and UNLV -- closest to him, and the cheapest to visit.

"I wanted to make sure I visited all eight schools, before I made this decision," Brown said. "I've taken unofficials to Arizona, Cal and UNLV, so I had five official visits left, and that's how I made the visits.

"Hopefully, I get this done by November, and I can enjoy my senior season. It's been a little bit hectic."

So, he paid his way to hometown UNLV, and relatively nearby AZ and Cal.
Meanwhile, his far-flung freebie visits are:
Ohio State - 14 days ago
Alabama - 7 days ago
Georgetown
Kansas
Oregon

Smart guy! Let them pay for tourist stops!
I get Georgetown - who wouldn't want to go see D.C.!
Kansas, he has a sister playing there - so you gotta do that one for a variety of reasons.
Alabama and Ohio State - two football meccas. OSU was two weeks ago, when they hosted Bowling Green (77-10). Alabama was last weekend, when they hosted Western Kentucky (33-10). I bet Dad picked those visits! :p
Oregon? I just don't get. Maybe he wanted some Nike swag.
He should have asked St. Johns (NYC), BC (Boston), Villanova (Philly) or perhaps even Hawaii or Key West to recruit him. Though I hear Hawaii is wise to that concept.
concordtom
Shocky1;842728781 said:

a major factor in last season's team inability to achieve their full potential was the failure to capitalize on free throw opportunities particularly during crunch time, the bear shot only 65.6% which was dead last in the pac 12 (colorado shot 73.4% in leading the pac 12 from the charity stripe)

let's be real here, miss paddlebrooks a 63 year old recess monitor at montera middle school could shoot the ******* ball better than that:headbang

love my guys t-wall (64.9%) & jaylen (65.4%) but you need the guys handling the ball at the end of the game to be moneyball free throw shooters to win championships, that didn't happen last season

that's why the staff is excited about the 2017 possibility of the 3 headed point guard monster of troy brown jr, charlie moore & jemarl baker all being on the floor together during the last 5 minutes of each half during bonus time with all 3 1s handling the ball & knocking down 80%+ of their free throws, that's gonna win a lotta games

as miss paddlebrooks like to tell asha, paris & young ivee when she takes their balls away after recess, "this **** is getting live"

troy "t-wall jr" brown jr

charlie "the baby face distriubtor" moore

jemarl "let it fly" baker

sometimes it's not as important how you shoot your free throws but who's shooting them

yeah, making free throws is giant:rant

cal's 3 head point guard monster (ice in their veins)#

Okay, I'm not being silly here at all when I say
[SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sounds like an awesome strategy and is fairly head pounding to think of our failures from the past. Uhg.
Drive for show, putt for show.
You win games at the FT line.
concordtom

Shocky said 95% acceptance rate for Oregon.
Actually, Google says Oregon is 75%.
And Arizona State is 80%.

Google has no news on where else Kat applied...
Perhaps if The Donald is able to obtain Obama's Harvard transcript he will also be able to dig this up. Should I tweet him?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Beastmode in the house

And you can get your very own Lego cal cart with Lynch

[/SIZE]

Shocky1
while flying on an uber helicopter (where's the nobu malibu wygu beef rare grilled & thinly sliced waygu beef with ponzu sauce?) right now to the bay area, now is a good time to go thru this week's mail...there's a glossy brochure with a self addressed return envelope with the wording "you make it all possible" on the cover with the cal basketball logo & a dramatic foto of a young ivee throwing down a slum dunk in an imaginary world where the cal guards actually throw him ******* lob/entry passes

there's an intro letter from coach martin basically telling everybody not to be a dumb azz & to support the program & not stay further afar

last season's top 9 achievements according to coach are as follows:

1. 18-0 undefeated perfect home record at haas pavilion for the 1st time since the 1959-1960 ncca championship team
2. #4 seed in the ncca tournament
3. pac 12 freshman of the year & an all american freshman
4. 3 players on the all pac 12 team
5. perfect 1000 apr score for the 2014/2015 academic year
6. 2 players on the all pac 12 academic team
7. 2 student athletes accepted in the haas/shocky b-school
8. 2 players named all district
9. 2 players drafted in the 2016 nba draft

coach apparently forgot about the most important aspect of the magic of cal basketball, stormin" the floor (what security?...that **** is fun)

there's also a quote from my boy brandon chauca: "you have provided me with an education, something that can never be taken away and experiences that i will cherish for a lifetime...you have made my dreams of going to college come true and exposed me to some of the most intelligent minds (sure hope he's not talking about coach webster) that i have ever met...thank you"

lastly there's a return envelope with a hand written (very legible, he's gonna be a lousy doc someday) note from surfer dude cole welle:

Dear Shocky,

How are you?

I am fine.

If you don't put a ****load of money in this envelope Coach Martin is not gonna feed the walk ons before and after games this season, please help us.

Plus we need some coin for my promotional gameday bobbleheads with one of them curvy brunette yoga females with a flat stomach.

Cole

Shocky1

it's 5:30 pm at haas pavilion & unlike the crooked azz free throw shooting cal basketball team shocky is practicing his free throws at the north basket at haas pavilion while coach jones is playing horse at the south basket with one of the smooth shooting dads while other coaches walk in & out of newell court

at 5:40 pm the horse game at the other end of the court concludes with handshakes & fist bumps

at 5:45 pm juhwan harris dyson & jemarl baker enter haas pavilion in jeans & t-shirts & start shooting around at the south basket...this is my 1st time viewing them & both appear to actually be their reported 6'4" heights...at one point juhwan's ball rolls down to my end of my court & i'm tempted to ask him "where you live?" to see if he will point at the berkeley hills but don't do that, recruits & donors can never interact, the cal basketball program is a clean program that does things the right way so i keep my mouth shut...a couple of times i catch them watching me as i'm watching them

*****juhwan harris dyson is a freak athlete with a high motor...the spider fly moves effortlessly with tremendous length, he will be a lockdown pac 12 defender...he is only 16 years old & is coltish in appearance, he will become an absolute beast in coach christopher's world class s&c program...juhwan's perimeter shot is inconsistent at this time, he falls back (not vertical) a bit when shooting the 3 pointer, coach webster will definitely coach him up on his form

*****jemarl baker is draining 3 pointers a couple of feet behind the college 3 point line, he literally has nba range right ******* now...i got goosebumps watching him stroke one moneyball 3 pointer after another, his shooting form is steph like with elevation & balance along with a consistent release point...cal fans are gonna love watching jemarl let it fly, the ball soars thru the haas airspace with a perfect arc before softly dropping thru the rim...physically baker is not ready to defend elite pac 12 2s like tyler dorsey of oregon & allonzo trier of arizona as he would be abused at the point of attack with his skinny frame in the bears man on man d scheme, gaining strength along with good weight will be a priority in baker's development into an all pac 12 player/all american candidate

at 6:00 pm juhwan & jemarl along with their parents & families, the cal staff (including roberta martin) head out to catch golf carts aka the uber helicopter up to memorial stadium for the 7:30 pm kick off...coach martin comes over to ask what's up but i know he's only probably doing it because roberta told him to be nice to me for a change

yeah, the california golden bears were dead last in the pac 12 in free throws so the shockster stayed behind to shoot more free throws in an empty haas pavilion with the basketball echoing on the floor, not ever gonna be outworked that's for sure...haas pavilion is my palace, where is your palace?

couple of tidbits:

*****there is a program awareness/point of emphasis that the offense "needs to run thru ivan" this season, lob/entry passes to all the bigs including kam & the king should be more common this season than the unicorn sightings last season

*****jabari bird has had a "tremendous summer" & is ready to take the next step forward for an outstanding senior season & show nba scouts he got a motor that don't turn off

*****charlie moore is "tough", "moves like a waterbug", "an absolute game changer" & is "shifty with amazing changes in direction" with a high basketball iq...keep hearing comparisons to tyler ulis

*****marcus lee is "a tremendous addition" to the program with his kentucky work ethic, he's making young ivee a better player

cal's all the way up class (2017)#

:gobears:
Shocky1
an absolute evening for the ages at memorial stadium with perfect fall weather that concluded with thousands of fans including the shockster stormin' the field & a massive celebration with the players while the cal band played late into the nite

the magic of cal basketball & football cannot be experienced/comprehended while watching on tv, something is lost in translation

do you got your season tix(s) for cal basketball?

[video=youtube;5fpXFLQ7o4I][/video]

bears territory (a passive life is a wasted life)#:woohoo
concordtom
Given that Dyson is young for his class (especially compared to so many other kids that redshirt kindergarten to get an advantage) do you think it's possible he could redshirt his first year at Cal?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Saturday, September 17, 2016 goes down as one of my most awesome Cal sports days in the history of time[/COLOR]

First, I arrive on campus early and saw THE BeastMode in the Cal Store
Then I walk down to the RSF, got a day pass, and went up to the Blue & Gold basketball courts
I walk in, and to my surprise, they are having a basketball practice with the entire team
I get my first look at the new team, including the new players. Ivan Rabb looks bigger/stronger, Marcus Lee looks long and athletic, and Jabari Bird looks like a veteran and in command. Coach Martin is personally leading this practice, instructing, correcting, encouraging.
After they finish practicing some sets, Coach Martin gathers his team and closes with a post-practice talk. How can you not love this guy as a coach?
Since the players are just stretching, I go to the other courts and play two games of pickup ball
Before I leave, I return to the other court where a few of the players stayed behind to shoot and play one on one. I got a good look at Charlie Moore. Cal fans will be very happy with Mr. Moore. He's got the handle, and the shot to WOW the fans, and has an array of shots to get space for his pure shot, and get past his defender for a layup, tear drop or step back. This is even against athletic, longer players.
Then off to meet my buddy and a top dog (they had blue and gold napkins)
We watch the band and cheerleaders in sproul plaza, follow them up to the stadium afterwards (a must do if you've never experienced that)
And then the football game vs Texas. Next to us were a group of Texas fans. We were talking, joking and laughing with each other through the entire game. Everyone stormed the field, the band played, and the rest....was history
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
concordtom;842730409 said:

Given that Dyson is young for his class (especially compared to so many other kids that redshirt kindergarten to get an advantage) do you think it's possible he could redshirt his first year at Cal?

that's not gonna happen, juhwan doesn't need a bluehsirt
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Ira Lee
Join the Bears
Cal is making big noise in the Pac[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Shocky1

jemarl: sure glad we got to finally see shocky, who even wears dress shoes while shooting free throws anyways?

juhwan: i'm just glad he didn't make fun of our hair, he's always saying ira got better hair than us

jemarl: no worries, we all got better hair than coach martin that's for sure

50 year friendships (cal family)#

Shocky1;842730283 said:

it's 5:30 pm at haas pavilion & unlike the crooked azz free throw shooting cal basketball team shocky is practicing his free throws at the north basket at haas pavilion while coach jones is playing horse at the south basket with one of the smooth shooting dads while other coaches walk in & out of newell court

at 5:40 pm the horse game at the other end of the court concludes with handshakes & fist bumps

at 5:45 pm juhwan harris dyson & jemarl baker enter haas pavilion in jeans & t-shirts & start shooting around at the south basket...this is my 1st time viewing them & both appear to actually be their reported 6'4" heights...at one point juhwan's ball rolls down to my end of my court & i'm tempted to ask him "where you live?" to see if he will point at the berkeley hills but don't do that, recruits & donors can never interact, the cal basketball program is a clean program that does things the right way so i keep my mouth shut...a couple of times i catch them watching me as i'm watching them

*****juhwan harris dyson is a freak athlete with a high motor...the spider fly moves effortlessly with tremendous length, he will be a lockdown pac 12 defender...he is only 16 years old & is coltish in appearance, he will become an absolute beast in coach christopher's world class s&c program...juhwan's perimeter shot is inconsistent at this time, he falls back (not vertical) a bit when shooting the 3 pointer, coach webster will definitely coach him up on his form

*****jemarl baker is draining 3 pointers a couple of feet behind the college 3 point line, he literally has nba range right ******* now...i got goosebumps watching him stroke one moneyball 3 pointer after another, his shooting form is steph like with elevation & balance along with a consistent release point...cal fans are gonna love watching jemarl let it fly, the ball soars thru the haas airspace with a perfect arc before softly dropping thru the rim...physically baker is not ready to defend elite pac 12 2s like tyler dorsey of oregon & allonzo trier of arizona as he would be abused at the point of attack with his skinny frame in the bears man on man d scheme, gaining strength along with good weight will be a priority in baker's development into an all pac 12 player/all american candidate

at 6:00 pm juhwan & jemarl along with their parents & families, the cal staff (including roberta martin) head out to catch golf carts aka the uber helicopter up to memorial stadium for the 7:30 pm kick off...coach martin comes over to ask what's up but i know he's only probably doing it because roberta told him to be nice to me for a change

yeah, the california golden bears were dead last in the pac 12 in free throws so the shockster stayed behind to shoot more free throws in an empty haas pavilion with the basketball echoing on the floor, not ever gonna be outworked that's for sure...haas pavilion is my palace, where is your palace?

couple of tidbits:

*****there is a program awareness/point of emphasis that the offense "needs to run thru ivan" this season, lob/entry passes to all the bigs including kam & the king should be more common this season than the unicorn sightings last season

*****jabari bird has had a "tremendous summer" & is ready to take the next step forward for an outstanding senior season & show nba scouts he got a motor that don't turn off

*****charlie moore is "tough", "moves like a waterbug", "an absolute game changer" & is "shifty with amazing changes in direction" with a high basketball iq...keep hearing comparisons to tyler ulis

*****marcus lee is "a tremendous addition" to the program with his kentucky work ethic, he's making young ivee a better player

cal's all the way up class (2017)#

:gobears:
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.