cal's monster class deux

1,376,556 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
south bender
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C_Cal;842785469 said:

As a noted long-time Cal Basketball lover, it pains me to sound a note of cynicism, but seniors are now working with a well-regarded shooting coach? Aren't they about 6-18 months too late on that?

How about 48 months?

Still, better late than never...
Shocky1
all american jordan brown scored 29 points in the league opener as the woodcreek timberwolves weatherproofed 81-42 the rocklin thunder

love my city#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and a short drive on gamedays from roseville):woohoo
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]will 7 foot center Kameron Rooks be on the court with his teammates in LA?
[/SIZE]

south bender
HoopDreams;842785527 said:

[SIZE=5]will 7 foot center Kameron Rooks be on the court with his teammates in LA?
[/SIZE]

Let's hope so, but not if it would be risking his recovery...
Shocky1
one time cal lean (late this summer) & current asu commit kenny wooten in the haas last sunday nite
Shocky1
got no reservation for nobu tomorrow nite after the game, who knows what time the game will be done or if i'm arrested for stormin' the floor (and trust me, coach martin is not gonna bail out my sorry broken down azz) or the messed up west la traffic from westwood to malibu late at nite

but sammy i got no worries, i don't worry about stoopid **** in life (most of the problems people worry about never actually materialize)...i trust that my inventive resroucefulness (you got that too) will get me thru any of life's challenges...and keep in mind, you & i don't got anything to complain about, there are people who lived on the streets in cars when they were 17 who have heroically overcome those obstacles, basketball is just a ******* game

to quote a great person, i believe in you

you know that, sam

together we smile, clap hands, talk **** & fearlessly compete#

Shocky1;842708995 said:

taylor & i show up at the hostess stand at her favorite restaurant nobu malibu very late this evening without a reservation

shocky: good evening, we'd like a table on the patio overlooking the ocean please

curvy brunette yoga hostess: i'm sorry sir, we're fully committed this evening...would you like me to put you on the waiting list for the sushi bar, there are unfortunately no guarantees that any seats will open up tonite

shocky: did you know that i'm a california golden bear?

curvy brunette yoga hostess: really?

shocky (posting up with a headstand directly in front of the hostess stand with my giuseppe zanotti kicks in the air): roarrrrrrrrrr

polite applause/clapping from the 3 hostesses & maybe a few strange looks from the bar

curvy brunette yoga hostess (flipping her hair): i have a yoga practice too

shocky: tell me something i don't already know

curvy brunette yoga hostess (to a male server): please seat them at table 7 on the patio now

dirty looks at the shockster from those who've been told there are no tables available now

shocky: dom arigato

curvy brunette yoga hostess: namaste

for free (table)#
tuckerbear1
If you watch Domingo in warm ups he shoots at least 50% from 3 pt range. Hopefully the coach can help with game shooting.
Sam has always had a decent stroke in my opinion. Getting him to shoot has been the issue. It was great to see him actually shoot last game, but there was an audible groan earlier in the game when he passed up a shot that he should have taken.
HoopDreams

Shocky1
grant shepard scored 12 points on an efficient 5 of 6 field goals & 2 of 2 free throws along with 7 boards in only 20 minutes (his team got redunkulous depth) in his final game before the holidays as the #3 nationally ranked montverde academy eagles (11-0) endangered 63-54 the memphis east mustangs led by 2018 cal priority point guard prospect alex lomax who scored 18 points on 8 of 17 field goals & 2 of 5 3 pointers along with 4 steals

Shocky1;842782966 said:

the cal staff is actively recruiting 2017 (plans to graduate this spring but could potentially defer to 2018) 6'9" 210 lbs grant shepard from british columbia canada (played for the kelowna owls), he's currently playing for the elite montverde academy (ben simmons) in florida...the senior 4 is a late bloomer that played for the canada u17 national team this past summer that competed in spain for the world championship

yeah grant got good hair, he's mobile & crafty around the basket kinda like an already stronger david kravish...watch him hit the floor diving for a loose ball at the 2:17 mark, that tells you a lot about shepard's motor & how badly he wants to compete

[video=youtube;6hHwCRY2V4A][/video]

the staff is hopeful they can bring in grant this spring for an official visit, cali's not freezing azz parka weather like bc

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including canada)
Shocky1
a lot of academically mediocre schools like florida, memphis & ole miss are chasing alex lomax with actionable offers, they want him to play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

but alex is gonna take an official visit to the #1 ranked public university in the world in diverse & beautiful california probably once his season is over, lomax intends to make a collegiate decision before the end of this upcoming summer

alex, the cal coaches know you gotta go thru something in order to get something, do you feel that way too?...is this decision gonna be made by a true student athlete that's mentally limitless that wants to achieve their life dreams & take care of moms regardless of how basketball plays out in the long run?

50 year decision#

Shocky1;842711336 said:

coach martin has offered 6' 190 lbs 2018 point guard alex lomax from memphis east high school (tennessee) & team penny after blowing up this summer on the aau circuit, lomax will be a future top 100 player in the 2018 class & is being recruited by high majors (already 10 offers) from across the country

check out the video from his freshman year in high school...the tough d, the unselfish off the charts innate passing skills & the smooth running floater are in evidence

[video=youtube;em1QLsoZOrg][/video]

but basketball does not define lomax, alex is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.62 gpa...he is a member of the memphis east poetry club & has also volunteered for peer power, an after school tutoring/mentoring program in addition to serving as a youth coach

"alex lomax is the engine that makes east high run smoothly...he is an outstanding floor general that keeps all of his teammates at ease and makes sure all of them are in place...he makes the game seem so effortless with his poise during challenging times"
-antonion harris, head coach at rival b.t. washington high school

like coach martin, lomax is growing up in an economically depressed high crime housing project area (house broken into multiple times) & is seeking to provide a better future for himself & his family, the two of them have a common bond...will be intresting to see if his recruitment becomes a pure basketball decision or a 50 year decision

alex lomax would be an ideal member of cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the land of elvis)
HoopDreams
Shocky1
lorenzo romar's washington huskies (7-7) might be throwing in the towel in giving up 14 of 26 3 pointers in failing to compete 83-61 to the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization (14-2)

eric kent is coaching up his washington state cougars (9-5) riding the backs of underappreciated josh hawkinson's 20 points & 11 boards with only 1 turnover as they licked the oregon state beavers (4-12)

#11 ranked virginia cavaliers (11-3) got bitch where'd 88-76 by the pittsburgh panthers

san diego state aztecs (8-6) got hufnageled 72-69 by the nevada wolf pack...after the game yanni texted the top 500 4th graders in north america re: the benefits of going to school in reno like the easy slots & fast women, apparently most of his texts got returned with comments like "my mommy says i can't talk to bitches yet"...still think huf is gonna be a great dad someday (his son might just have to report in weekly to his po that's all)

wyoming cowboys (11-5, the bears best win this season) got broke back mountained by the fresno state bulldogs...real talk, cal had better start beating some elite teams if they wanna impress the ncca selection committee

alcorn state braves (4-9) pinked out 66-55 the prairie view a&m panthers

uc irvine anteaters (8-9) feasted 82-67 on the long beach state 49ers

uc davis aggies (9-7) agricultured 73-47 the uc santa barbara gauchos

south dakota jackrabbits (8-10) got lettuced 82-74 by western illinois leathernecks...got no idea, what's a leatherneck?
Shocky1
a leatherneck

not a leatherneck

make lots of love in a hammock, not war (can't we all just get along?):patriot#
Shocky1

the #4 ranked ucla bruins defeated #1 ranked kentucky on the road 97-92 & got only 1 loss on the season to the corrupt oregon ducks basketball organization in eugene

the bruins are led by 6'10" 225 lbs 1 & done tj leaf (17.5 ppg with a remarkable 48.5% on 3 pointers & 8.9 rpg), 6'3" 185 lbs senior bryce alford (16.3 ppg) who was ineffective as a pg last season, 6'5" 195 lbs senior isaac hamilton (14.7 ppg), 1 & done 6'6" 190 lbs lonzo bell (14.3 ppg with an unselfish 8.1 apg & 5.7 rpg), 6'1" 185 lbs aaron holiday (13.9 ppg with a lethal 50% on 3 pointers) & 7' 245 lbs thomas welsh (11.1 ppg & 9.2 rpg)...a lot of these guys won't be in westwood next season, this is alford's chance to make waves in los angeles after last season's abysmal 15-17 season, ucla will not be an elite team next year

ucla leads the pac 12 in scoring at 93.9 ppg & cal leads the pac in defense limiting opponents to 60.3 ppg, defense always travels well...the bruins have not played an elite defense like cal, arizona or virginia yet this season, they are accustomed to easy buckets...the bears intense d particuarly the king's dominating rim protection will wear on them particularly in the 2nd half

the bruins are not a strong defensive team which resulted in their loss to the ducks...both young ivee & the bird man must stay in an offensive attack mode for 40 minutes & if they do that by attacking the basket they should both score 25+ points tonite...charlie, sammy & grant also gotta drive to the basket...the #1 key for a cal victory is getting a couple of the short playing rotation ucla guys in foul trouble, that's the only way we can win on the road...ucla is not a fundamentally sound team, they will foul if attacked around the rim, the bears gotta get 25+ free throws & knock them down while some of the frustrated bruins starters sit on the bench in foul trouble

most importantly the bears gotta stay together during the inevitable bruins runs which are usually transition fueled, other than creighton nobody pushes tempo better than ucla

nobody thinks cal is gonna win this game, there's zero pressure on us, let's just compete

i'm looking forward to stormin' the floor at pauley pavilion (gonna bring my bail $$$$), hopefully this will be the nite

compete with bad azz attitudes/motors#:buttkick:
Shocky1
south bender;842785904 said:

Shocks, you accuse others of not being able to spell?

sb, there are things more important than being a good speller

HoopDreams
[SIZE=6][FONT=Arial Black]Gameday![/FONT][/SIZE]

OldBlue1999
Shocky1;842785746 said:

(most of the problems people worry about never actually materialize)

i believe in you

Sure as night will follow day
south bender
Shocky1;842785909 said:

sb, there are things more important than being a good speller

Why then do you use another's misspelling as a means to disparage him?
UrsaMajor
I wonder if WSU would do as well if ERNIE Kent were coaching...
bearmanpg
I don't feel disparaged...just corrected....if I felt disparaged, I would bring up his calling "Ernie" Kent, Eric Kent in post #2462...just one dumazz to another dumazz...its all good...don't be so sensitive...
concordtom
I'll give the benefit of the doubt on that one. Ernie to Eric could have been a cell-phone typing auto-correct. As we know, the man is always on a plane, or an uber-helicopter (poor-man's Trump-mobile?).
Either that, or he doesn't know what he's talking about. That's okay, though, there are plenty of us out there.
89Bear
Bird ZERO free throws and three points. Also, had ZERO free throws against Virginia.

Shocky, care to give us the scout's take on his game at this point. NBA does not have uc davis and riverside on the schedule...
socaltownie
89Bear;842786303 said:

Bird ZERO free throws and three points. Also, had ZERO free throws against Virginia.

Shocky, care to give us the scout's take on his game at this point. NBA does not have uc davis and riverside on the schedule...

Yeah - Bird is a great kid. Nice Teammate. Occasional flashes of McDonald All-American but, as I believe was discussed last year on several broadcasts - he just never seems to want to be "the man". Nothing wrong with that but it does limit the team. Would be great to transplant Coleman's attitude with Bird's talent but it is what it is.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]I give [COLOR="#000080"]Don Coleman[/COLOR] my highest Cal basketball game honor for tonight's performance vs UCLA

He had one of the guttiest games of a new player. Scoring 15 points on 7 of 10 shooting, adding 5 rebounds, and forcing a turnover on PG Lorenzo Ball

He fearlessly attacked the basket when everyone in the arena knew he was going to drive, and scored vs wave upon wave of UCLA guards and bigs

He willed the Bears back into the game[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#000080"]Don Coleman [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=7][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR="#0000CD"]The Jorge Gutierrez Valor Award[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

bearmanpg
HoopDreams;842786393 said:

[SIZE=5]I give [COLOR="#000080"]Don Coleman[/COLOR] my highest Cal basketball game honor for tonight's performance vs UCLA

He had one of the guttiest games of a new player. Scoring 15 points on 7 of 10 shooting, adding 5 rebounds, and forcing a turnover on PG Lorenzo Ball

He fearlessly attacked the basket when everyone in the arena knew he was going to drive, and scored vs wave upon wave of UCLA guards and bigs

He willed the Bears back into the game[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#000080"]Don Coleman [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=7][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR="#0000CD"]The Jorge Gutierrez Valor Award[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

bravo!!
Shocky1

snoop dogg sat near the cal bench underneath the basket & took selfies with fans all nite

yeah snoopzilla got attitude, that something the bears didn't bring in the 1st half with the abysmal failure (again) to feed young ivee (only 3 shots prior to halftime) & not attacking the basket which resulted in only 6 free throws...the dribbling to nowhere without penetration resulted in unsuccessful perimeter shots & no foul troubles for the bruins

certain guys came out with their ******* hair on fire in the 2nd half which resulted in twice as many attempted free throws...but let's be real here your not gonna win many games on the road even with a +11 rebounding margin if you make only 10 of 18 free throws (ucla knocked down 20 of 23 free throws) & share the ball for only 7 assists (ucla facilitated each other for 18 assists)

in watching guys during warm ups there were a lot of grim faces & not a lot of vocal encouragement for one another, our guys lack confidence & a swagger on the road, i've seen this movie before

coach martin & the staff need to solve this complex jigsaw puzzle, to play the right guys (and that could change from game to game) that are ready to physically & mentally compete with confidence & without fear, that's not happening right now

dontae & grant brought it tonite as did nick hamilton in a cameo role...would've like to see roman davis knock somebody on their azz too, hope that happens vs usc...there needs to be open competition for playing minutes on this year's team that should be based upon actual production in games

the grind (gotta get better)#
Shocky1
dontae coleman played with a jc chip on his shoulder in fearlessly & physically attacking the basket, that's the style of play that is necessary in order to win games on the road

dc scored 15 points on 7 of 10 free throws along with 5 boards...young ivee ferociously battled for 20 boards (too bad his myopic & tentative teammates didn't deliver the rock to him in the 1st half) & grant mullins let it fly for 19 points including 5 of 8 3 pointers but other guys didn't show up with confidence

dontae has earned more playing time, more of his teammates (and cal fans too, if you live in so cal & don't go the games on the so cal roadtrip what kinda fake model fans are you?) need to bring attack mode attitudes to the usc trojans battle sunday nite at 7:00 pm at the quiet/mostly empty galen center

let's do this, dontae

fell in the cali sun (but still a bad azz from georgia)#
Shocky1
utah utes (10-4) shot a crooked azz 19% (4 of 21) on 3 pointers in stopped by the border patrol 66-56 by the arizona wildcats (14-2)...yeah tuscon is a dump

with stud travis reid out indefinitely with a shoulder injury the stanford cardinals (8-7) got latexed 72-56 by the usc trojans (15-1)...cal will have a major interior post advantage vs usc but it's a question mark if charlie & his teammates got the innate & schematic will to feed young ivee

tra holder knocked down 2 ice in his veins moneyball freethrows with 1.2 seconds left as the asu sun devils (9-7) stripper poled 78-77 the colorado buffaloes (10-5) who got 35 points from senior transfer derrick white

louisian tech bulldogs (10-5) boxcared 64-44 the utep miners in el paso which is the 2nd most desirable city in the united state to live in behind tuscon according to nobody

southeastern louisians tigers (9-7) trapped in the bush the houston baptist huskies 81-74
Shocky1
89Bear;842786303 said:

atlanta hawks scout richard midgley is gonna be my floor guest for the washington game
Shocky1
juhwan harris dyson, the spider fly's physically attacking 2 game stat lines in 2017: 11 points with 7 boards & 4 assists vs valley christian and 14 points with 13 boards vs valencia

jhd gotta put up 500+ practice shots a day like jemarl & trevin, crooked azz shooting is a decision, not a fate...but no worries, jemarl is gonna bring relentless defensive intensity & fearless basketball attacking skills from day 1 in berkeley

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including northquake)#:wave
Shocky1
shocky's top 5 courses in los angeles from an architectural rankings standpoint:

1) los angeles country club north-recent gil hanse renovation work to restore george thomas features has now been extended to the south course...new back tees are being put in for the 2023 us open

2) riviera-perfect thomas routing plays in & out of the caynon with the strategic utilization of the natural barrancas as hazards...and only minutes away from the tasty linguine con vongole at amici's bistro

3) bel aire-tom fazio ruinivation work is gonna be reworked by minimalist tom doak, special place that has lost its way & some of its magic...fabulous clubhouse scene

4) rustic canyon-poor man's riv, you can walk on weekdays for 25 bucks, gil hanse public masterpiece in moorpark...fun stuff with centrally located bunkers in the middle of fairways

5) sherwood-not an ideal walkable routing by nicklaus but lots of drama...i holed out for a deuce with a cut utility shot on the par 4 9th hole pictured below with my buddy slim wadie, charlie sheen's manager/babysitter & the drummer for kiss last time there to win the front nine bets

roadtrip (shocky always walks in la)#
Shocky1
shocky always walks, it's the only way you can truly experience a golf course & the magic of its architecture (and also get a flat stomach)...riding in a golf cart is kinda like watcing dogs hump or not feeding young ivee in the low post, it's a fool's errand

golf carts are for losers (pass the ******* basketball to ivan)#:facepalm
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]love having this dude on our team[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=4]http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/1/3/mens-basketball-hometown-hero.aspx[/SIZE][/COLOR]

concordtom
Shocky1;842786431 said:

dontae coleman played with a jc chip on his shoulder in fearlessly & physically attacking the basket, that's the style of play that is necessary in order to win games on the road

dc scored 15 points on 7 of 10 free throws along with 5 boards...young ivee ferociously battled for 20 boards (too bad his myopic & tentative teammates didn't deliver the rock to him in the 1st half) & grant mullins let it fly for 19 points including 5 of 8 3 pointers but other guys didn't show up with confidence

dontae has earned more playing time, more of his teammates (and cal fans too, if you live in so cal & don't go the games on the so cal roadtrip what kinda fake model fans are you?) need to bring attack mode attitudes to the usc trojans battle sunday nite at 7:00 pm at the quiet/mostly empty galen center

let's do this, dontae

fell in the cali sun (but still a bad azz from georgia)#

I thought you promised you were going to stop calling him that, and call him by his preferred name: Don.
Shocky1
onetime (until his dad started to demand position & playing time guarantees) cal recruit bennie boatwright is not working out yet in team drills (just shooting to the side) & will not play this sunday for usc against cal after a grade ii sprain to his collateral ligament in his left knee after a preseason collision at san diego
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.