Former Cal player sighted working at Lair of the Golden Bear

Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got back from Camp Gold at the Lair. They have a new position of Assistant Manager of all the camps (Gold, Blue and Oski): Remember Taylor Harrison?

I wanna say Taylor came in with Ryan Anderson, Jerome Randle and Patrick Christopher. He was a rough and tumble 6-9/6-10 inside player. Unfortunately, he only played one full year and then had one or more knee injuries and never came back. I think he finally got a medical waiver.

The thing I really remember about him was he used to get opponents all riled up with his physicality. Part of that was he was a little rough around the edges, but I loved the way he mixed it up in there. Geez, if he had stayed healthy and Ryan Anderson had just stayed longer, we really could have had a fine team with Monty. Alas...

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to chat with Taylor, as he was floating between the three camps. Too bad, because the Camp Gold manager said he loves to chat about his playing days at Cal. LOL, I replied that I could bore him with Cal Basketball stories long before he could bore me. (Maybe he heard that and started avoiding me?)
75bear
Oh - funny. I saw him at the beginning of summer at Camp Gold but didn't realize his background. He told everyone his exact height during the opening night skit, most likely so he could avoid the inevitable weeklong questions of, "How tall are you?!?" I'm sure that gets old!
Dave75
Wasn't there a game when Harrison got under the skin of Bob Huggins during Huggins' single year at Kansas State? I don't recall the result, but perhaps Huggins got a technical or worse? With better knees, Harrison have been Jorge before Jorge.
Big C
Dave75 said:

Wasn't there a game when Harrison got under the skin of Bob Huggins during Huggins' single year at Kansas State? I don't recall the result, but perhaps Huggins got a technical or worse? With better knees, Harrison have been Jorge before Jorge.
I remember a game -- in my mind, it was a big game like Furd or UCLA or Arizona -- where Harrison had pretty much the entire opposing team mad at him. I distinctly remember being very pleased with him at the time.
bearister
He was a dirty player, but he was our dirty player so I loved him. Just like Monty was a Furd a@@h@le but then.....
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
south bender
Dave75 said:

Jorge was immensely more talented and was not a dirty player.
UrsaMajor
south bender said:

Dave75 said:

Jorge was immensely more talented and was not a dirty player.
Agree on both, although the rest of the P-12 would probably disagree on the 2nd.
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.