Kidd wants to coach in Bay AreA

10,581 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFCityBear
Bearprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UrsaMajor said:

Correction, BearProf: siblings share 25% of their genes on average (children share 50% on average with each parent).

In fact it is 50%, just a different 50%.
Bearprof
Bearprof said:

UrsaMajor said:

Correction, BearProf: siblings share 25% of their genes on average (children share 50% on average with each parent).

In fact it is 50%, just a different 50%.
I should explain that better. Of the 50% of gene variants I share with my dad, I share half with my sister--so 25% shared "dad genes" with sister. Of the 50% of gene variants I share with my mom, I share half with my sister--so 25% shared "mom genes" with sister. Total sharing with sister: 25%+25%= 50% of gene variants.
UrsaMajor
You're right; sorry.
SFCityBear
joe amos yaks said:

SFCityBear said:

joe amos yaks said:

I don't suppose you threw the ball at Coach Neff's head when he walked away?
Uh, no. He would have been ready for it. My dad had played for Ben Neff 25 years before. One day at practice, so the story goes, Ben Neff got angry and called my father a name which I can not repeat here, based on BI rules. My father knocked Neff flat on the floor with one punch. The next day, my father looks at the bulletin board, and he sees that Ben has promoted him to first string, and he started for the rest of his high school career. Maybe if I had socked Neff, I'd have been promoted too, and become a better player, but alas, it never happened.

I did learn, however, sometimes you have to hit a mule across the forehead with a two by four, in order to get its attention.
__

I worked cattle and other livestock several summers on my uncles' UT farm and ID ranch when I was a kid. It gets their attention and causes them to focus and redirect.

You have to pick the appropriate stick. It does not always work with livestock or kids.

I nearly got trampled on a foggy slope in Spain when a couple of belled cattle got scared about my presence. A friend's border collie redirected them.

I love this line. Thanks. I've never owned a mule, or had an kids, unfortunately, but if I ever do get any, I will come to you for advice on stick selection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.