Cal WBB Will Win Almost As many Games In One Month As Cal MBB Will Win In 12 Months!

5,689 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFCityBear
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal losing to Harvard at Haas is akin to Cal losing to De LaSalle. Not a good optic. We will soon see if this is a one game aberration. Aberrations are real enough: Please see our political culture for the last 50 years or so.
UrsaMajor
the big problem is HARVARD. Not only did they beat our WBB team, but their early win over Men's Water Polo probably kept us out of the National Championship Tournament. F. Harvard!
helltopay1
Ursa ursa: Please don't swear in front of the children.
bearister
Better to be known to suck than to be overrated.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
cal83dls79
helltopay1 said:

Cal losing to Harvard at Haas is akin to Cal losing to De LaSalle. Not a good optic. We will soon see if this is a one game aberration. Aberrations are real enough: Please see our political culture for the last 50 years or so.
enough of the DLS bashing!
calbear80
When one considers that Cal WBB's Head Coach is not particularly a super coach or a good recruiter, the disparity between success of WBB vs. MBB puts spotlight on the weakness of MBB coaching.

Go Bears!
SFCityBear
calbear80 said:

Cal WBB is now 6-0 (and soon will be 7-0 and 8-0 and 9-0 by mid-December) and is ranked in the top 20 in the nation )

Question: Isn't Cal WBB subject to the same academic and administration constraints as Cal MBB?

Cal WBB seems to be doing quite well despite all of the constraints, thank you.

Go Bears!

calbear80,

Don't you think it's about time you revisit this thread and take back some of the slamming of the Cal coach and Cal Men's Basketball which you did here earlier in the season?

Of course Cal MBB has not improved much, nor has the Cal men's coach distinguished himself in any way, but the Women's Basketball team has fallen quite far from the lofty heights of pre-season hype of polls, pundits, fans and especially you yourself with your overly optimistic predictions, made solely to ridicule the Cal men's team and the Cal men's coach.

The Cal women have fallen to 5-5 in the PAC12, and are currently in 7th place. The Cal women are not highly ranked, and in fact, have fallen completely out of the top 25. Baylor is currently ranked #1 with 695 points, while Cal has only 2 points in the current poll.

And, to make matters worse, the Cal women just lost to Stanford by 25 points and their coach gave the usual excuses that Stanford was coming off a one point loss to Cal 2 days before and would be at their best.

It is clear that the Cal women are not light-years better than the Cal men, and it is not clear that the women's coach is doing much better than the men's coach. Better yes, but not much better. Plus she was not starting with an empty roster. She had tall enough players. Wyking Jones does not have them, and that was Cuonzo Martin's fault for not recruiting any except Okoroh, as Rabb and Lee were slated to leave after a year.

I think if Cal can not lose by 25 today to Stanford, but plays a good game, you should start thinking about retracting some of what you said, using the Cal women's early season success to declare them a much better team than the Cal men. They are not much better, and yes, they both have the same constraints.

Go Bears!
SFCityBear
stu
SFCityBear said:

I think if Cal can not lose by 25 today to Stanford, but plays a good game, you should start thinking about retracting some of what you said, using the Cal women's early season success to declare them a much better team than the Cal men. They are not much better, and yes, they both have the same constraints.
In women's BB the PAC-12 may be the best power conference while in men's BB it is the worst. So a 5-5 record for the women is vastly better than a 0-8 record for the men. Also the women's losses (excepting 25 pts to Stanford) have been much closer. However our women's coach inherited a much better situation than our men's coach did so I can't attribute all of the difference to coaching.
calbear80
SFCityBear, since you asked, here is the answer.

During the last one year (since Feb. 4, 2018):
. Cal WBB has won 11 Pac-12 games.
. Cal MBB has won ZERO Pac-12 games (yes, exactly ZERO)!

And, if you have read my posts, you have seen that I agree with you that our WBB coach is not particulary a great coach. So, what does that tell you about ...

Go Bears!
SFCityBear
stu said:

SFCityBear said:

In women's BB the PAC-12 may be the best power conference while in men's BB it is the worst. So a 5-5 record for the women is vastly better than a 0-8 record for the men. Also the women's losses (excepting 25 pts to Stanford) have been much closer. However our women's coach inherited a much better situation than our men's coach did so I can't attribute all of the difference to coaching.
Of course you are right, but calbear80 has a one-track mind: Wins and losses are the only things which matter to him. The Bears played pretty well today, and should have won, or easily could have. I think this team is in an awful slump, but they could have won several games they lost. I think one good win will get them off the Snide. Right now, they look like they don't expect to win a game. I give Wyking and the coaches credit for getting them up for many of these games and getting them to play hard, which they did today. One win would do wonders for their confidence, because that aspect of their game is all mental, in my opinion. Changing the mentality of a person who has a problem is not a simple matter, but changing a losing team's mentality can be an even bigger challenge.
SFCityBear
SFCityBear
calbear80 said:

SFCityBear, since you asked, here is the answer.

During the last one year (since Feb. 4, 2018):
. Cal WBB has won 11 Pac-12 games.
. Cal MBB has won ZERO Pac-12 games (yes, exactly ZERO)!

And, if you have read my posts, you have seen that I agree with you that our WBB coach is not particulary a great coach. So, what does that tell you about ...

Go Bears!
I do read your posts, or many of them. Way too many. I have utter contempt for what you are trying to do.
SFCityBear
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.