OT: should warriors be worried?

8,988 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoopDreams
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yogi Bear said:

cal83dls79 said:

Did anyone watch/listen to the Clippers game? There was ZERO analysis of the game but purely focused on trade gossip and rumors. Horrible announcing. Stuff was happening in the game with no explanation, 2nd half was better even Clips coach Rue Paul had no answers
I watched the Warriors feed. Always gotta get my Jim Barnett.
Barnett is fine but Bob Fitzgerald is complete trash, rather watch the ESPN feed just because of that.
cal83dls79
BearSD said:

cal83dls79 said:

Did anyone watch/listen to the Clippers game? There was ZERO analysis of the game but purely focused on trade gossip and rumors. Horrible announcing. Stuff was happening in the game with no explanation, 2nd half was better even Clips coach Rue Paul had no answers
You watched an ESPN broadcast, and it wasn't your first time watching a game on ESPN, right? So you can't be surprised that the announcers talked about anything and everything except the game they were supposed to be broadcasting.

probably right. Usually watch on NBC Bay Area...
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
bluesaxe
ducky23 said:

Last night was a reminder of what the dubs look like when they give their opponents 75% of their attention.

Anyone still want to bet against them this year?
I am just reading this thread for the first time, and it was hilarious. This team without Cousins would win another title. With Cousins they just patched the only two holes they had.
BeachedBear
BearSD said:

cal83dls79 said:

You watched an ESPN broadcast, and it wasn't your first time watching a game on ESPN, right? So you can't be surprised that the announcers talked about anything and everything except the game they were supposed to be broadcasting.

ESPN has become the MTV of sports.
Yogi58
Well, that was fun beating the crap out of the Lakers. Would have been more fun with a healthy Lebron though.
cal83dls79
Strykur said:

Yogi Bear said:

cal83dls79 said:

I watched the Warriors feed. Always gotta get my Jim Barnett.
Barnett is fine but Bob Fitzgerald is complete trash, rather watch the ESPN feed just because of that.
that's a little harsh on Fitz, but I go back to the Fitz and Brooks days where his insufferable reminders that he went to ND ( as if that played in the Bay Area) grinded on me. I'm over it.
philbert
Ugh. Fitz is such a homer on his calls. Unfortunately, Lacob loves him.
cal83dls79
Yogi Bear said:

Well, that was fun beating the crap out of the Lakers. Would have been more fun with a healthy Lebron though.
Fun is fun. These teams are worlds apart.
cal83dls79
Anyone worried!! Lol. What dismalists.
cal83dls79
tequila4kapp said:

Lakers fan here. The Dubs are coming back to the pack. I think it's the gradual changes to the periphery of the roster, the mileage on the tires and the problems between stars. Reminds me a bit of the end of the Lakers with Kobe and Shaquille. I also think the once dynamic offense has fundamentally changes with KD on the roster, even though KD is a phenomenal talent.
uh, hello? Jeez.
HoopDreams
Haven't seen much warriors games recently

Besides cousins first game, how has he been doing?

I saw one play where he was at the top of the 3 point arc, without a defender within miles (because they decided to not guard him there) and he bricked it

But only watched two minutes of the game so don't know
Yogi58
HoopDreams said:

Haven't seen much warriors games recently

Besides cousins first game, how has he been doing?

I saw one play where he was at the top of the 3 point arc, without a defender within miles (because they decided to not guard him there) and he bricked it

But only watched two minutes of the game so don't know
He's been absolutely horrible. I can't believe they wasted $5 million on him. I don't know how they've been winning all those games since he was activated.
south bender
Boogie is over 50% from 3.

He's a smart player and monstrously strong and big.

Adds a dimension inside that Dubs didn't have.

Kerr has been impressed with his lateral quickness.

Should get better as time goes on if no injury setbacks.
CALiforniALUM
This is pathetic. When did this site move from being a Cal board to being about the Warriors. Is there no off topic rules or Cal pride held by the moderators anymore?

Lovingly signed,

Jeanie Buss
bearister
CALiforniALUM said:

This is pathetic. When did this site move from being a Cal board to being about the Warriors. Is there no off topic rules or Cal pride held by the moderators anymore?

Lovingly signed,

Jeanie Buss

Dear Jeanie:
Was your dad angry when you did that Playboy spread?

Curiously signed,

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearSD
south bender said:

Boogie is over 50% from 3.

He's a smart player and monstrously strong and big.

Adds a dimension inside that Dubs didn't have.

Kerr has been impressed with his lateral quickness.

Should get better as time goes on if no injury setbacks.
Amazing that there was no team willing to pay Boogie more than the midlevel exception contract the Warriors gave him. The other teams must have grossly misread the situation and assumed he couldn't come back from his injury.
bearister
BearSD said:

...Amazing that there was no team willing to pay Boogie more than the midlevel exception contract the Warriors gave him. The other teams must have grossly misread the situation and assumed he couldn't come back from his injury.

Well, there's always this:

"On January 1, 2012, head coach Paul Westphal sent Cousins home from the Kings' home game against the New Orleans Hornets, saying that Cousins was "unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team; it cannot be ignored indefinitely

On November 11, 2012, the league suspended Cousins for two games without pay for confronting San Antonio Spurs color commentator Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after he criticized Cousins for attempting to bully Tim Duncan on the court.

On December 22, 2012, Cousins was suspended indefinitely from the Kings, who accused him of "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team."

2012/2013 Season led the NBA with 16 Technical Foul infractions, was ejected several times and suspended by both the league and the Kings.

On February 26, 2014, Cousins received a one-game suspension for punching Patrick Beverley in the stomach;

...he was suspended one game without pay for receiving his 16th technical foul of the 201617 season. In addition, Cousins was fined $25,000 for making an inappropriate statement and gesture after leaving the playing court following the Kings' 109106 overtime win against the Golden State Warriors on February 4 at Golden 1 Center."
Wikipedia
CALiforniALUM
bearister said:

CALiforniALUM said:

Lovingly signed,

Jeanie Buss

Dear Jeanie:
Was your dad angry when you did that Playboy spread?

Curiously signed,

bearister
Dear Bearister,

You shouldn't ask a lady such a question.

He wasn't angry, but he did say to me that "it will be the first issue of Playboy magazine he will never read".

Bearing it all,

Jeanie

bearister
"I dropped the toothpaste," said Jeanie crestfallingly.

"No, Jeanie, you can't have any of my lobster," said Phil shellfishly.
caltagjohnson
The Nevada Wolfpack have the player who could replace Green. No telling where he goes in the draft and whether the Warriors would have a shot. I am talking about Jordan Caroline who is a forward. At 6-7 and about 230 lbs he is a litter bigger than Green. He plays both inside and outside and he is good at both. He hit 4-5 threes in his last game. He plays D as do all the Nevada players. The big difference is he is a nice guy whereas Green is an a**hole. Caroline is a little like Jordan Bell but he is a much more skilled player. He is also a senior who know how to play basketball the right way.. Musselman has done an outstanding job of putting the current Nevada team together. Look for Jordan Brown to start next year and put himself on a path to the NBA. Probably after his Jr year.
bearister
...but how is he at kicking guys in the b@lls?
cal83dls79
bearister said:

BearSD said:

...Amazing that there was no team willing to pay Boogie more than the midlevel exception contract the Warriors gave him. The other teams must have grossly misread the situation and assumed he couldn't come back from his injury.

Well, there's always this:

"On January 1, 2012, head coach Paul Westphal sent Cousins home from the Kings' home game against the New Orleans Hornets, saying that Cousins was "unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team; it cannot be ignored indefinitely

On November 11, 2012, the league suspended Cousins for two games without pay for confronting San Antonio Spurs color commentator Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after he criticized Cousins for attempting to bully Tim Duncan on the court.

On December 22, 2012, Cousins was suspended indefinitely from the Kings, who accused him of "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team."

2012/2013 Season led the NBA with 16 Technical Foul infractions, was ejected several times and suspended by both the league and the Kings.

On February 26, 2014, Cousins received a one-game suspension for punching Patrick Beverley in the stomach;

...he was suspended one game without pay for receiving his 16th technical foul of the 201617 season. In addition, Cousins was fined $25,000 for making an inappropriate statement and gesture after leaving the playing court following the Kings' 109106 overtime win against the Golden State Warriors on February 4 at Golden 1 Center."
Wikipedia

he appears to be reformed. God Bless America
bearister
...like Marv Albert.

cal83dls79
Glad Kerr went off. Stupid call. I love that in a coach.
bearister
I said it before and I'll say it again: Draymond Green is a cancer on the organization.

cal83dls79
I thought you said that of KD? Get your cancers straight!!
bearister
cal83dls79 said:

I thought you said that of KD? Get your cancers straight!!

Yes, my post said both, but Draymond just provided the most recent supporting evidence so I gave KD a pass this time. I still maintain that there is nothing wrong with Draymond that a broken jaw courtesy of Steven Adams wouldn't cure. On another note, I would have cast Adams as Aquaman instead of that pu$$ie Momoa.
cal83dls79
Sounds like KD is in chemo and Dray is now full on stage 4? I'll need to check in to the nba news. It's hard following the nba (ie the warriors) on the east coast ugh
bearister
cal83dls79 said:

Sounds like KD is in chemo and Dray is now full on stage 4? I'll need to check in to the nba news. It's hard following the nba (ie the warriors) on the east coast ugh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2019/03/11/kerr-acknowledges-cursing-green
cal83dls79
Jeez. Thanks for the update. Will need to listen to 95.7 tomorrow. I'm a big Kerr fan. He's a big cal fan too. It's odd because I'd put him in the top 20 of opposing players I hated.
- Judd buechler
- hobbit ridnour
- Alford
- that Stanford guard
- the other Stanford guard
- Maclean
-Lopez twins
- isiah Washington
- Kerr
- boatwright this year
Please fill in the blanks:
HoopDreams
when this came up, I saw the video were Kerr said something with a frustrated look on his face.

I even tried to lip read myself, but the only thing I concluded was Kerr didn't say what a lot of people said he said.

the fact that people are even spending time trying to read the lips of a coach says something about today (and I admitted I just did that myself)

i can't imagine what it's like to live as a pro athlete or celebrity in the day of social media

https://deadspin.com/the-warriors-had-another-weird-one-and-now-its-time-to-1833200605?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter

cal83dls79
Ok. But please fill in the blanks of who you hated the most. If nothing else, Bear fans can agreee here? My memory sucks so I need help.
joe amos yaks
Yes. Bad body language.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
HoopDreams
joe amos yaks said:

Yes. Bad body language.

see you tried to read his lips too!
bear2034
Waiting for the return of Bogut's skilled passing and interior defense.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.