OT: should warriors be worried?

8,981 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoopDreams
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...and while I'm at it, Boogie Cousins is a punk too. Joe Lacob shares a couple of characteristics with Al Davis:

1. He will take a low life if he thinks it will help him win; and
2. His default setting is to stiff Oakland on his financial obligations.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
ducky23
cal83dls79 said:

Jeez. Thanks for the update. Will need to listen to 95.7 tomorrow. I'm a big Kerr fan. He's a big cal fan too. It's odd because I'd put him in the top 20 of opposing players I hated.
- Judd buechler
- hobbit ridnour
- Alford
- that Stanford guard
- the other Stanford guard
- Maclean
-Lopez twins
- isiah Washington
- Kerr
- boatwright this year
Please fill in the blanks:

How did you forget Matt Barnes?
ducky23
bearister said:

...and while I'm at it, Boogie Cousins is a punk too. Joe Lacob shares a couple of characteristics with Al Davis:

Why exactly is Cousins a "low-life?"

Yes, his antic on the court are tiresome. But he's typically seen as a model citizen off the court
bearister
ducky23 said:

bearister said:

Yes, his antic on the court are tiresome. But he's typically seen as a model citizen off the court

"On January 1, 2012, head coach Paul Westphal sent Cousins home from the Kings' home game against the New Orleans Hornets, saying that Cousins was "unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team; it cannot be ignored indefinitely.

On November 11, 2012, the league suspended Cousins for two games without pay for confronting San Antonio Spurs color commentator Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after he criticized Cousins for attempting to bully Tim Duncan on the court.[13] Cousins was apparently informed of Elliott's remarks after the game. He left the locker room and waited on the court for Elliott to finish his post-game show before confronting him.

On December 22, 2012, Cousins was suspended indefinitely from the Kings, who accused him of "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team." [16] The suspension was lifted on December 24, 2012.

2012/2013 Season:
...led the NBA with 16 Technical Foul infractions, was ejected several times and suspended by both the league and the Kings.

On February 26, 2014, Cousins received a one-game suspension for punching Patrick Beverley in the stomach.

....he was suspended one game without pay for receiving his 16th technical foul of the 2016/2017 season. In addition, Cousins was fined $25,000 for making an inappropriate statement and gesture after leaving the playing court following the Kings' overtime win against the Golden State Warriors on February 4. "Wikipedia

2017:
"After Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins were ejected for getting into a verbal altercation and shoving match late in Monday's game over the Pelicans, Cousins tried to confront Durant in the locker room." Warriors Wire

2018: "Cousins was ejected from the Warriors bench during the first quarter of Friday night's game against the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. According to the broadcast, Cousins appeared to engage in a heated argument with referee Scott Foster, which led to a technical foul and the ejection.
Cousins is a four-time All-Star and two-time All-NBA Second Team selection, but he has a well-documented reputation for being hot-headed on the court and in the locker room. He had been ejected 13 times in his career prior to Friday night." USAToday

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN OF THE JURY, I REST MY CASE THAT BOOGIE COUSINS IS A PUNK.
ducky23
bearister said:

ducky23 said:

bearister said:

"On January 1, 2012, head coach Paul Westphal sent Cousins home from the Kings' home game against the New Orleans Hornets, saying that Cousins was "unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team; it cannot be ignored indefinitely.

On November 11, 2012, the league suspended Cousins for two games without pay for confronting San Antonio Spurs color commentator Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after he criticized Cousins for attempting to bully Tim Duncan on the court.[13] Cousins was apparently informed of Elliott's remarks after the game. He left the locker room and waited on the court for Elliott to finish his post-game show before confronting him.

On December 22, 2012, Cousins was suspended indefinitely from the Kings, who accused him of "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team." [16] The suspension was lifted on December 24, 2012.

2012/2013 Season:
...led the NBA with 16 Technical Foul infractions, was ejected several times and suspended by both the league and the Kings.

On February 26, 2014, Cousins received a one-game suspension for punching Patrick Beverley in the stomach.

....he was suspended one game without pay for receiving his 16th technical foul of the 2016/2017 season. In addition, Cousins was fined $25,000 for making an inappropriate statement and gesture after leaving the playing court following the Kings' overtime win against the Golden State Warriors on February 4. "Wikipedia

2017:
"After Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins were ejected for getting into a verbal altercation and shoving match late in Monday's game over the Pelicans, Cousins tried to confront Durant in the locker room." Warriors Wire

2018: "Cousins was ejected from the Warriors bench during the first quarter of Friday night's game against the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. According to the broadcast, Cousins appeared to engage in a heated argument with referee Scott Foster, which led to a technical foul and the ejection.
Cousins is a four-time All-Star and two-time All-NBA Second Team selection, but he has a well-documented reputation for being hot-headed on the court and in the locker room. He had been ejected 13 times in his career prior to Friday night." USAToday

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN OF THE JURY, I REST MY CASE THAT BOOGIE COUSINS IS A PUNK.
I guess I'll repeat myself.

'Yes, his antic on the court are tiresome. But he's typically seen as a model citizen off the court'

Is he a "punk" on the court? Sure. Does that make him a "low-life?"

Maybe do a little research and see what he's done for his community off the court.

https://pelicandebrief.com/2017/12/16/demarcus-cousins-hold-boogies-comedy-slam-january-27th/

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/demarcus-cousins-police-mobile-alabama-panel-discussion-kings/rlu1d0gycdom1y2fp5doa9n9b

https://aroyalpain.com/2018/03/23/love-still-exists-demarcus-cousins-sacramento/

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pelicans-demarcus-cousins-receives-offseason-nba-cares-community-assist-award-presented-kaiser

bearister
He has gotten in plenty of fracases off the court. Ok, you have beaten me down to making this admission: He is a punk with the redeeming quality of having a sense of civic consciousness.
cal83dls79
Alcohol?
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
bearister
cal83dls79 said:

Alcohol?

"You know when your mouth a-getting dry
You're plenty high ." George Thorogood
sycasey
The Warriors should still be considered the favorite, but other teams HAVE figured out and copied their style of play to some extent. It's not going to be like in 2015 when their smallball approach was baffling everyone.

That said, they clearly don't try very hard on defense in the regular season and it probably won't be the same in the playoffs. Getting steals and transition buckets is how they really blow teams out.
HoopDreams
sycasey said:

The Warriors should still be considered the favorite, but other teams HAVE figured out and copied their style of play to some extent. It's not going to be like in 2015 when their smallball approach was baffling everyone.

That said, they clearly don't try very hard on defense in the regular season and it probably won't be the same in the playoffs. Getting steals and transition buckets is how they really blow teams out.
Agree. This isn't Texas Tech surprising everyone with this new fangled gimmick offense, and the gap has narrowed. Most NBA teams now have more/better shooters and are taking more threes. The strategy is no longer new.

Still, the warriors have the most talented team, and they won't even have Lebron to deal with.

However they won't have the home court advantage, and their motivation just isn't as strong as before. One analyst asked if they are just bored. Still the biggest issue could very well be what's happening in the locker room. Does not look like they are one big happy family.

Yes, they will play harder, more focused defense in the second half of playoff games when they are behind. But with the above negative factors this team who has the best talent could be beat

That wouldn't surprise me this year
concordtom
HoopDreams said:

However they won't have the home court advantage,
Warriors are in First place in west,
though 4 more losses than the eastern first place bucks. 1 more loss than Toronto.
HoopDreams
concordtom said:

HoopDreams said:

However they won't have the home court advantage,
Warriors are in First place in west,
though 4 more losses than the eastern first place bucks. 1 more loss than Toronto.
Yes, I meant in finals

Of course they could lose before then

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.