Dana Altman

2,088 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calgo430
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dana Altman , the "great" Oregon HC, is now under .500 in the pac-12. His team scored 49 points tonight. Any thoughts??Did he suddenly become a poor coach, or is his team suffering from inferior talent this year??Steve Lavin of UCLA was NEVER regarded as a good coach by even his Mother---yet, his winning percentage at UCLA , I believe, was even greater than thge legendary John Wooden. Think his talent had anything to dom with his terrific winning percentage???Food for thought boys and girls---food for thought.
BearlyCareAnymore
helltopay1 said:

Dana Altman , the "great" Oregon HC, is now under .500 in the pac-12. His team scored 49 points tonight. Any thoughts??Did he suddenly become a poor coach, or is his team suffering from inferior talent this year??Steve Lavin of UCLA was NEVER regarded as a good coach by even his Mother---yet, his winning percentage at UCLA , I believe, was even greater than thge legendary John Wooden. Think his talent had anything to dom with his terrific winning percentage???Food for thought boys and girls---food for thought.

Lavin's winning percentage at UCLA was 65%. Wooden's was over 80%.

Meanwhile, Jones has the same winning percentage this year in conference as I do. Food for thought.

The "any coach can have a bad year" argument works better when your coach has actually had a good year at some point in his career
Yogi58
helltopay1 said:

I'm sending thoughts and prayers for your keyboard
Strykur
Dana Altman made several tournaments at Creighton.

Jeez.
bearister
You guys can hate on U$C all you want but if they win the PAC 12 Tourney, they have the ability to win one or two games in The Dance. They have two quality big men and a decent coach. When they are rolling they are a very tough out.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
socaliganbear
bearister said:

You guys can hate on U$C all you want but if they win the PAC 12 Tourney, they have the ability to win one or two games in The Dance. They have two quality big men and a decent coach. When they are rolling they are a very tough out.
What guys are you referring to?
oskidunker
That's exactly what I was thinking. This seems to be the case every year. As a matter of fact, Inwouod not be surprised to see Washington lose in the first round and SC advancing. If they can get the big guy under control. Height and shooting. Pretty basic plus decent coaching.
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

I thought we were the tough out? (Don Macclean)
KoreAmBear
socaliganbear said:

bearister said:

What guys are you referring to?
bearister
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

I sampled Don's line there. In one of our early games he said our defensive issues were due to our youth and that by mid season we would be much improved in that area and be a "tough out." My response at the time to that was that if the Bears didn't meet MacLean's time table for improvement then we have issues other than youth. Based on the two games after the FUCLA game, it appears WE HAVE ISSUES OTHER THAN YOUTH.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

I sampled Don's line there. In one of our early games he said our defensive issues were due to our youth and that by mid season we would be much improved in that area and be a "tough out." My response at the time to that was that if the Bears didn't meet MacLean's time table for improvement then we have issues other than youth. Based on the two games after the FUCLA game, it appears WE HAVE ISSUES OTHER THAN YOUTH.

You are wise beyond your years.
calgo430
college bball for the most part is hit 3's. we cant. we have problems throwing the ball into the ocean.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.